Author Topic: TOPGUN acm  (Read 8024 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: TOPGUN acm
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2010, 03:22:31 PM »
Please, please, please, please, please, please.......do NOT even think about using the movie Topgun as a training aide.  An aileron roll isn't a good guns defense, you can't get into a flat spin over land and "head out to sea", all four cats never go down at the same time on a CVN, there isn't a crumb of good ACM information in it, there's no Topgun Trophy, no written tests, no grades, appropriate uniform in the Miramar O'Club bar was flight suits, not tropical whites, there are no stocking-wearing civilian Topgun "instructor" bimbos, and, if there were, I would not need to be told that "she's a civilian so you don't salute her" and I'd beeotch slap her for opening her mouth during a TACTS debrief.  Other than that, it's a fine movie. :rofl

Don't forget the Mig-28  :devil
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
stealth to answer you're 1rst Q. it depends on the planes your plane and the guy you're dog fighting. if you r faster but less maneuverable try to get higher and he or she is slower so they wold level owt 1rst after a bit he gets ahead and you dive in on him. but if your slower try to owt turn him.
im not the best at the game but i learned a lot playing offline. so if u want try go ahead if not then don't. 
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\
ok I just want to know do any of you think this would help in a dog fight?  /\
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\

You are briefly and poorly (sorry, just being honest with ya) covering some basics of e-management or engergy management.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\

No, but then I'm obviously not the uber experten fighter ace you are.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
stealth to answer you're 1rst Q. it depends on the planes your plane and the guy you're dog fighting. if you r faster but less maneuverable try to get higher and he or she is slower so they wold level owt 1rst after a bit he gets ahead and you dive in on him. but if your slower try to owt turn him.
im not the best at the game but i learned a lot playing offline. so if u want try go ahead if not then don't. 
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\

If your faster does not mean you can outclimb some one. Example: I have outclimed a 190D, P-47M, and an La-7 in a Spitfire 9 (all at the same time) a week ago, Spit 9 is a hell lot slower than any of the 3.
If you are slower does not mean you can out turn someone. Example: 190A5 is slower than a spit16, however a spit16 can out turn the 190A5
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
chances are, if someone halfway decent at cartoon flying is on your 6, you're dead.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2010, 06:41:57 PM »
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\
                                                                                                    /\

sorry, open mouth - insert foot.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »
If your faster does not mean you can outclimb some one. Example: I have outclimed a 190D, P-47M, and an La-7 in a Spitfire 9 (all at the same time) a week ago, Spit 9 is a hell lot slower than any of the 3.
If you are slower does not mean you can out turn someone. Example: 190A5 is slower than a spit16, however a spit16 can out turn the 190A5

ok if i could play online i wold bet i could beat u in a I-16 and you in eny plane but the me163 or me262
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »

ok if i could play online i wold bet i could beat u in a I-16 and you in eny plane but the me163 or me262
Come on now this is a topic about tactics,formations and 1980s movies.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2010, 08:06:31 PM »
Come on now this is a topic about tactics,formations and 1980s movies.

erg why do you got to be right

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »

Awesome, one of my favorite posts ever.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:26 PM »

You wanted to know my opinion on the tactics you stated, and I told you my opinion. If you do not like my opinion that much that you want to attempt to prove me wrong my attempting to shoot me down. I welcome it, just let me know what time would you like to meet me in DA.
I'll see you  :)
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »
You wanted to know my opinion on the tactics you stated, and I told you my opinion. If you do not like my opinion that much that you want to attempt to prove me wrong my attempting to shoot me down. I welcome it, just let me know what time would you like to meet me in DA.
I'll see you  :)

It's a little kid guys, wtf. :huh
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2010, 08:37:49 PM »
It's a little kid guys, wtf. :huh

Let him learn, don't you learn something new from a fight with someone more experienced. I love doing to DA and even to get shot down by someone more experienced to learn something from it.
The more he knows the better he will be, perhaps in a couple of years he will be getting the highest fighter rank or something, you never know.
Plus it can't heart him, if he will not want to I'm fine with it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:40:42 PM by MachFly »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn