Author Topic: TOPGUN acm  (Read 8127 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: TOPGUN acm
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
Please, please, please, please, please, please.......do NOT even think about using the movie Topgun as a training aide.  An aileron roll isn't a good guns defense, you can't get into a flat spin over land and "head out to sea", all four cats never go down at the same time on a CVN, there isn't a crumb of good ACM information in it, there's no Topgun Trophy, no written tests, no grades, appropriate uniform in the Miramar O'Club bar was flight suits, not tropical whites, there are no stocking-wearing civilian Topgun "instructor" bimbos, and, if there were, I would not need to be told that "she's a civilian so you don't salute her" and I'd beeotch slap her for opening her mouth during a TACTS debrief.  Other than that, it's a fine movie. :rofl

Yall wear flight suits to the bar? Thats cheating....makes it too easy :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 11:32:09 PM »
Please, please, please, please, please, please.......do NOT even think about using the movie Topgun as a training aide.  An aileron roll isn't a good guns defense, you can't get into a flat spin over land and "head out to sea", all four cats never go down at the same time on a CVN, there isn't a crumb of good ACM information in it, there's no Topgun Trophy, no written tests, no grades, appropriate uniform in the Miramar O'Club bar was flight suits, not tropical whites, there are no stocking-wearing civilian Topgun "instructor" bimbos, and, if there were, I would not need to be told that "she's a civilian so you don't salute her" and I'd beeotch slap her for opening her mouth during a TACTS debrief.  Other than that, it's a fine movie. :rofl

For a Tom Cruise flick.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2010, 12:26:58 AM »
OK,back to subject. What kinda formation is good to defend about 30 to 80 bombers all in one massive group,flying at 25k bombing over an area that has about a 100guns on it defended like Berlin. Whats a good fighter formation for that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:41:27 AM by stealth »
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2010, 12:31:10 AM »
I would try to answer that if I understood what the sam heck you are attempting to write.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2010, 12:49:32 AM »
This thread makes me feel very old   :lol

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »
Stealth, stop now.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2010, 12:59:13 AM »
Stealth, stop now.
May I ask what.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »
Carrier Sortie
It's like Top Gun, but with TBMs.  :)
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »
stealth to answer you're 1rst Q. it depends on the planes your plane and the guy you're dog fighting. if you r faster but less maneuverable try to get higher and he or she is slower so they wold level owt 1rst after a bit he gets ahead and you dive in on him. but if your slower try to owt turn him.
im not the best at the game but i learned a lot playing offline. so if u want try go ahead if not then don't. 
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
stealth to answer you're 1rst Q. it depends on the planes your plane and the guy you're dog fighting. if you r faster but less maneuverable try to get higher and he or she is slower so they wold level owt 1rst after a bit he gets ahead and you dive in on him. but if your slower try to owt turn him.
im not the best at the game but i learned a lot playing offline. so if u want try go ahead if not then don't. 

My eyes!  They burn!  Ahhhh....

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 01:09:23 PM »
If kingcobrakid gets in on this thread I'm going to have to break down and hire a grade schooler to translate for me.

Folks, play nice.

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 01:31:44 PM »

My eyes!  They burn!  Ahhhh....

what do u mean by that?
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 01:32:44 PM »

what do u mean by that?

I apologize.  I assumed you were an American.

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »
I apologize.  I assumed you were an American.

i am American

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »

what do u mean by that?

I believe he's referring to the inability of some to piece together a remotely concise and readable paragraph.

I know you're new, so here is some advice:

Take your time on the posts.  Spell out the words correctly (nothing bugs me more than people who find "are" too difficult so they choose "r") and try to use proper capitalization and punctuation.  We're not English teachers but it will make thing easier for all of us, and especially for you if you put a little more effort into these posts.

Folks, play nice.