Author Topic: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?  (Read 4148 times)

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 02:02:04 PM »
Respect, or indulgence...hmmm
Well it depends on what particular emotion you are surfing for...

Dont get me wrong here, I dont support the LA pilots who will eternaly push for a HO no matter the cost, and I dont perticularly respect pilots who find it ammusing to follow the fight just out of range until they are absolutly sure it is safe to make a pass, but I cant fault either one for it, and in a fit of rage, or because I was sitting on a couple kills allready, i've commited both crimes myself.

War is a game of attrition, and dirty, and crude.... unfortunatly. Though if is werent all these things, the game wouldnt really be fun anymore I think.

Where as before I might call a guy out on 200 for doing somthing I consider lame, I have recently been biting my tounge.
I suppose i've relised that there is no such thing as a respectable war, and it is warriors that we seek to emulate after all.

Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
Heck yes.....and I am always too committed to disengage.   I figure it was a learning experience anyway.   :)

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
Most of the time if i face a P-38, 262, 109, Yak or P-51.  I can tell who it is and counter their movies.  Despite my lack of ACM, i do make it harder for them to kill me. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
Everytime I see a P-38 I'm wondering if a SAPP or 80th Headhunter member is behind the controls. I always fight 38's as if it's one of them behind the controls. If I'm still alive after the first turn, I'm fairly certain it's not one of them. :salute

I've gotten to that point too where I know if I'm fighting an experienced player after the merge, or just after the first turn. It's quite a neat thing once you think about it, that subconsciously your mind is telling you how much E they have, what you can do to reverse them, and how experienced they are in a matter of seconds. You basically react to what they are doing without thinking!  :joystick:

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »
Everytime I see a P-38 I'm wondering if a SAPP or 80th Headhunter member is behind the controls. I always fight 38's as if it's one of them behind the controls. If I'm still alive after the first turn, I'm fairly certain it's not one of them. :salute

I've gotten to that point too where I know if I'm fighting an experienced player after the merge, or just after the first turn. It's quite a neat thing once you think about it, that subconsciously your mind is telling you how much E they have, what you can do to reverse them, and how experienced they are in a matter of seconds. You basically react to what they are doing without thinking!  :joystick:
and if i see anything faster than a zero that isnt a turn fighter i wonder if im against Pacerr...usually this feeling occurs when you see an La-7 on the deck at 360mph trailing 7 cons and him killing 5 of them and losing the other two only to land :rolleyes:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »
Every time is see a P-38, SAPP or 80th come to mind.  The best way to tell if they are high and drop on my six or two of them high or level and working together. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
and if i see anything faster than a zero that isnt a turn fighter i wonder if im against Pacerr...usually this feeling occurs when you see an La-7 on the deck at 360mph trailing 7 cons and him killing 5 of them and losing the other two only to land :rolleyes:

Wha?   Pacerr sux
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 09:06:04 PM »
Every time is see a P-38, SAPP or 80th come to mind.  The best way to tell if they are high and drop on my six or two of them high or level and working together. 

Don't forget the one that's low, single engine and smoking :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »
Wha?   Pacerr sux
and this is why he is usually top player once or twice in a set of 5 tours?
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »
and this is why he is usually top player once or twice in a set of 5 tours?

You mean top scorer right? That's completely different than being a top player.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 09:26:27 PM »
You mean top scorer right? That's completely different than being a top player.
uhh im sorry to say this but score kinda starts mattering if its in the top ten players and if you see this guy defending a base outnumbered it kinda shows how good the pilot is
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »
uhh im sorry to say this but score kinda starts mattering if its in the top ten players and if you see this guy defending a base outnumbered it kinda shows how good the pilot is

FAIL

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
succeed

Sorry dude but you're wrong. Score isn't much of a reflection on skill, not much at all.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 09:34:17 PM »
Sorry dude but you're wrong. Score isn't much of a reflection on skill, not much at all.
never said it was until you get up to the top ten area... now if you were to go to the top fighter, bomber, GV, attack, then it would actually be more accurate... someone who can kill 15 enemy per death shows skill if it isnt a picker plane
Happy Jack's Go Buggy