Author Topic: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2010, 02:30:37 AM »
I'm not going to judge another squad and how they go about doing things but in the last month i've twice learn't about their unscrupulous recruitment activity.   2 players in question, one was a squadless Brit who was undergoing a trial with us on ventrilo.  The hard sell was done by PM when the person in question already told him NO thanks!!  

The second was an FA refugee, an old school player, that became known to me after he recognised my name from 8 years ago.  I was horrified when I learn't that he had just accepted their invite because of the constant harrassment!  

Now if the CJ's are helping new players learn the ins and outs of the game and answering noob questions I salute them for it.  However I'm more inclined to think by boosting their number they believe that they will increase the chances of a base take somewhere on the map.  :rolleyes:   This is not healthy for future gameplay or the FIGHT!!

Rooks have forced ENY for much of the time and I'm very glad we are moving Knights as of now.

We have seen the proud Rook nation ruined once before by the mission orientated types  (LCA etc)  I'm sure it will keep happening sometime, same place different names....

Thankfully these two players will now be saved from a fate worse than death itself.

:aok

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2010, 02:41:57 AM »
As far as CV control goes, there's nothing wrong with the way it's set up in the game. It's the way some folks use them is the problem. I say if you take control of the boat your arse is stuck on it until it's sunk. You log off and log back in....you go to your boat and sit. Let these twits babysit these CVs in never never land if that's where they want to put them. Then see how long they hide them. And controling more then 1?.......nah ah, you get 1 not 3 or 4.

:aok
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline pitch

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2010, 06:51:41 AM »
I fell victim to the Claim Jumper's (Racdogg's) unscrupulous recruitment activity during the first 2-3 weeks of playing this game, almost 18 months ago, and have been a Claim Jumper ever since. As a result, I have no idea how things are done in other squads, but my observation of the Claim Jumpers is that Burv's supposition that the CJ's are helping new players with the ins and outs of the game is exactly right. We are constantly a training squadron.

Squads in Ah seem to me like electronics companies in the real world. Only the large companies actively recruit on campuses and go through the agony of training new engineers, while the small elite companies steal the best engineers away once they are trained, with benefits that the large companies can't afford to pay. Many squads in AH seem the same to me with highly restrictive recruiting requirements and small numbers, they seem arrogant and intolerant of others that they deem less capable.

However what I have learned from the many recent treads on these forums and the discussions that I have witnessed in the game, is it would serve the game better if I were to resign from the Claim Jumpers and just start switching sides regularly to rat out the missions of squads and give away the positions of enemy assets on channel 200.

Skuzzy, I am not at all sure this is an environment in which I am willing to continue to participate. Some players seem to be constantly communicating Claim Jumper activity to other countries and Claim Jumper bashing seems to be an acceptable activity both in the game and on the forums.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2010, 07:01:43 AM »
Glad to hear your enjoying your time with the CJ's pitch.  Like I said getting new players into a team effort and helping them out is great .

The underlying question that stimulates the community's "bashing" 

How many players in your opinion would you suggest are required to capture an enemy airfield?  Without it being overkill-unbalanced?
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline pitch

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2010, 07:15:13 AM »
Glad to hear your enjoying your time with the CJ's pitch.  Like I said getting new players into a team effort and helping them out is great .

The underlying question that stimulates the community's "bashing" 

How many players in your opinion would you suggest are required to capture an enemy airfield?  Without it being overkill-unbalanced?

So you are "glad" to hear that I am enjoying "a fate worse than death"?

Whatever that number is, (it is certainly less than the 30-40 player multi-squad regular bish horde), are you suggesting that squad size be limited to that number?

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2010, 07:20:50 AM »
So you are "glad" to hear that I am enjoying "a fate worse than death"?

Whatever that number is, (it is certainly less than the 30-40 player multi-squad regular bish horde), are you suggesting that squad size be limited to that number?
pitch, whenever the bish horde it isnt a multisquad horde. someone like ghi (not the only one, just an example cuz hes uber cool! :D ) ups a large mission idea and everyone goes with it because of the efficiency of base takes due to that mission. Not necessarily one squad. Actually me (582nd CO) and u2007 (joker's jokers) and xthecatx (pretty sure a joker also? :headscratch: ) made a small group one morning that took 25 bases in 4 hours around 7am to 11am EST. And also, the multi-squad thing usually happens when everyone actually gets COs together to work as one cohesive unit to take multiple targets at the same time such as the thread down below made by GREric about the MoM.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:23:38 AM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2010, 07:24:37 AM »
pitch, whenever the bish horde it isnt a multisquad horde. someone like ghi ups a super cool mission idea and everyone goes with it because of the efficiency of base takes. Not necessarily one squad.

This distinction is more an academical one. For the team on the receiving end, or gameplay in general, it doesn't matter at all if the 40 guys NOE'ing a Vbase of an already utterly outnumbered team are belonging to the the same squad or not. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2010, 07:24:41 AM »
Some players seem to be constantly communicating Claim Jumper activity to other countries

i highly doubt that this happens "constantly".   you give the CJ's waaaay to much credit.      i doubt anyone gives your squad a second thought when they log in.   not saying anything against them,   just saying.
-AoM-

Offline pitch

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2010, 07:29:18 AM »
pitch, whenever the bish horde it isnt a multisquad horde. someone like ghi (not the only one, just an example cuz hes uber cool! :D ) ups a large mission idea and everyone goes with it because of the efficiency of base takes due to that mission. Not necessarily one squad. Actually me (582nd CO) and u2007 (joker's jokers) and xthecatx (pretty sure a joker also? :headscratch: ) made a small group one morning that took 25 bases in 4 hours around 7am to 11am EST. And also, the multi-squad thing usually happens when everyone actually gets COs together to work as one cohesive unit to take multiple targets at the same time such as the thread down below made by GREric about the MoM.
Not all being members of the same squad is what I meant to say by "multi-squad". I do not see how squad membership, or lack thereof, has any effect on the game play aspects of Bruv's "how many is overkill" question. How does limiting the size of a single squad avoid overkill attacks, and if it doesn't, how is it justification for bashing a squad.

Just posting a mission, whether advertised or not, is no longer an option for any Claim Jumper. A posted Claim Jumper mission is almost guaranteed to be ratted out.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2010, 07:35:02 AM »
HT made the squads limited to 32 maybe he thinks that is around the number that is reasonable  but certainly not all online at the same time.

I know Bish put together several large missions that incorporate a number of players routinely I don't commend their style either.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ok maybe the fate worse than death comment was a little harsh.  Once you have grown tired of taking / defending fields in this manner akin to headbutting a brick wall repeatedly and your left wondering how the hell did so and so just pull that amazing reversal? and kill me  IMPOSSIBLE!!

Those skills are only learn't by fighting the hordes and working on your ACM.  Do you want to be the hunter or the hunted?

There is no challenge in taking bases un-defended or with mass number superiority.  When someone logs in looking for a fight and everyone is bombing hangars into submission,  NOE sneaking fields in top secret missions, HO spraying every red guy they see with 5 guys already on him.  Good fights disappear, veterans get tired and resort to hanging out on the bbs slinging mud.

Like minded players who are dictating gameplay to new AH players educating them in the ways of the horde they will get bored and leave.  When you can't hold your own in a dogfight after a year or two playing where do you get your enjoyment from?
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2010, 07:39:41 AM »
FYI  I would rather have horde squads playing than none at all   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2010, 07:40:17 AM »
Not all being members of the same squad is what I meant to say by "multi-squad". I do not see how squad membership, or lack thereof, has any effect on the game play aspects of Bruv's "how many is overkill" question. How does limiting the size of a single squad avoid overkill attacks, and if it doesn't, how is it justification for bashing a squad.

Just posting a mission, whether advertised or not, is no longer an option for any Claim Jumper. A posted Claim Jumper mission is almost guaranteed to be ratted out.
ive never heard a ratted out CJ mission in the entire time ive seen your squad around but it might be possible when im offline :aok ... and by the way, im not trying to start anything here but there are times i see 15 CJs as rook and one as bish until we call them out and they jump back... All im saying on the subject there cuz many people in this game do it time to time :rolleyes: I've never truly had a problem with CJs at all cept with some of the noobish players and their maneuvers and tactics. Its really not the squads in this game people should have a problem with, its the few players in the squad that they should.
There is no challenge in taking bases un-defended or with mass number superiority.  When someone logs in looking for a fight and everyone is bombing hangars into submission,  NOE sneaking fields in top secret missions, HO spraying every red guy they see with 5 guys already on him.  Good fights disappear, veterans get tired and resort to hanging out on the bbs slinging mud.

Like minded players who are dictating gameplay to new AH players educating them in the ways of the horde they will get bored and leave.  When you can't hold your own in a dogfight after a year or two playing where do you get your enjoyment from?

Agreed. But then why not put yourself up to the task of taking these noobs on to show them the true way of flying bruv? :aok its exactly what im doing, take the noobs, train them the RIGHT way, and make it a very effective elite fighting force over the time they fly together...
Edit: not to mention that this makes it alot more fun and a great learning experience for yourself along with the people you are flying with
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:42:17 AM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2010, 07:45:13 AM »
But then why not put yourself up to the task of taking these noobs on to show them the true way of flying bruv? :aok its exactly what im doing, take the noobs, train them the RIGHT way, and make it a very effective elite fighting force over the time they fly together...

Oh I have gone out of my way to recruit and train every British/Euro flyer I have come across in my time here.  It is still a work in progress though a number of my squaddies still suck !   :D

Some guys PM and ask me questions that I do my best to answer if i'm not busy.  Unfortunately there is not enough hours in my day to train the guys that ask me for it.

I salute your efforts 321bar.  
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2010, 07:50:12 AM »
Oh I have gone out of my way to recruit and train every British/Euro flyer I have come across in my time here.  It is still a work in progress though a number of my squaddies still suck !   :D

Some guys PM and ask me questions that I do my best to answer if i'm not busy.  Unfortunately there is not enough hours in my day to train the guys that ask me for it.

I salute your efforts 321bar.  
:lol its good to hear that im not the only one trying to do this in the game (just make it American instead unless its yossarian then make it london :D ) :aok ty sir <S> to you also.
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline pitch

• Zinc Member
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2010, 07:54:16 AM »
HT made the squads limited to 32 maybe he thinks that is around the number that is reasonable  but certainly not all online at the same time.

I know Bish put together several large missions that incorporate a number of players routinely I don't commend their style either.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ok maybe the fate worse than death comment was a little harsh.  Once you have grown tired of taking / defending fields in this manner akin to headbutting a brick wall repeatedly and your left wondering how the hell did so and so just pull that amazing reversal? and kill me  IMPOSSIBLE!!

Those skills are only learn't by fighting the hordes and working on your ACM.  Do you want to be the hunter or the hunted?

Bruv, the training I was referring too is the fundamental aspects of all game activities like target identification (which one is the vehicle hanger), dive bombing, level bombing calibration, etc., not just ACM.

The question of overkill is like asking how many engineers does it take to design and IC. Is the team composed of all new grads, or is it full of experienced veterans. You can take a base much more easily when you can just say "take out the VH", instead of taking the time to teach new players to ID the VH, and make consistent drops.

I have to assume that your assessment of my inability of hold my own in a dogfight after 18mos of experience is based on our head to head encounters. I will readily admit that you, and many other experienced players are better than I am at playing this game. Furthermore, since you started earlier, you will always be more experienced and a better player than I. I am sure I could learn a lot from players that are not Claim Jumpers. However, unlike the Claim Jumpers, I have not met any that are willing the share that experience. Only those that are willing to exploit their experience to enhance their game enjoyment, and to occasionally disparage the skills of the less experienced.

I wish there more squads that had the willingness to share their game skills like the Claim Jumpers.