Author Topic: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????  (Read 10101 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
thanks whels for your insight. Now go back to your hole.  :aok
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:07 PM »
thanks whels for your insight. Now go back to your hole.  :aok

dont make me come die repeatedly to u !  TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBB

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
Well Lusche, that woul be the point of keeping the CV NEAR the port..

Though I count myself with Patton, in-that I believe the best deffence is a strong offence.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2010, 01:11:45 AM »
QFT!!!
:aok  :aok
To add to the thread.
I am of the opinion that in order to stay in control of a CV.
You should at the absolute very least, have to be either on the CV itself or be on a plane/boat/LVT from that CV.
The moment you leave the CV to do something else. You should loose control of it.

+1 can't really think of a better way to solve the hiding cv problem.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2010, 01:47:40 AM »
You got MjSmoke and Thorn187 (Both from Claim Jumpers) taking ALL of the CVs off the map. DId someone die and leave them in charge? What right do they have to determine the usage of all of the CVs and game play for everyone? This makes no sense.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:17:06 AM by COndor06 »
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2010, 01:54:48 AM »
You got MjSmoke and Thorn187 taking ALL of the CVs off the map. DId someone die and leave them in charge? What right do they have to determine the usage of all of the CVs and game play for everyone? This makes no sense.

This is what happens to the ROOK nation when Rear Admiral LYNX leaves the game.  :(

I will never forget the CV lectures he would impose on Noob wannabe captains  :)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2010, 02:11:37 AM »
I don't understand how this game winds up with so many adolescents. I guess they think its funny. It's getting to the point that it's just not worth the aggravation or money to deal with it.
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2010, 08:05:04 AM »
It's not possible to move them out of hiding for use. The Solution, Give their locations on 200 and let the guys bomb them back into play.

AMEN if I find a CV parked out in the netherworld regions of the map I will broadcast it on 200 and would even do so IF my country mates did that to "protect" a CV group. I find it funny that they don't want to get in the guns or fly CAP to protect a CV that the same Dumb@#$ parked 2 miles offshore of a base just because they think they need it parked there.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline ReDeViL2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »
Fixed.  

It's only really bothersome to me when people will move a CV into the abyss simply because the home port is under threat of capture.  That CV should be parked next to said port to help out with defense, and doing otherwise is depriving folks of what could otherwise be a fun fight.  (Not to mention decreasing the odds of successful defense) It's not like the armchair generals / admirals have to send home a couple thousand letters to the grieving parents of the CV crew.   :rolleyes:
:x :lol

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2010, 08:36:31 AM »
I've noticed this as well.  Few suggestions that someone may want to take to the wishlist if you feel it needs to be there. 

You could completely take the cv out of the picture for capture

1.  Increase the amount of vh's from 1 to 3 and double the amount of ack at the field. 
    2.  If you don't think that is enough add a fh to the port's

Once the port is taken the cv becomes that's country's after so many hours.  My suggestion would be 3 hours.

Just a few ideas I had, fire away and nag them to death  :D
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2010, 08:56:28 AM »
I've noticed this as well.  Few suggestions that someone may want to take to the wishlist if you feel it needs to be there. 

1.  Increase the amount of vh's from 1 to 3 and double the amount of ack at the field. 

Once the port is taken the cv becomes that's country's after so many hours.  My suggestion would be 3 hours.

Actually adding more defense for a port sounds reasonable. How about puffy ack-Mannable.

Me likes that. And Arty would be in the game. :aok :aok
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2010, 09:02:33 AM »
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:08 AM »
This is what happens to the ROOK nation when Rear Admiral LYNX leaves the game.  :(

I will never forget the CV lectures he would impose on Noob wannabe captains  :)

:rofl :rofl

Having the pleasure of being in the same squad with Lynx ( we still hold out hope he will be back, and if not i believe a plan to kidknap him is in the works ) , all i can say is those lectures were some of the funniest things ive ever experianced in AH. Yes, Admiral Lynx is definatly missed in Rookland 
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »
You got MjSmoke and Thorn187 (Both from Claim Jumpers) taking ALL of the CVs off the map. DId someone die and leave them in charge? What right do they have to determine the usage of all of the CVs and game play for everyone? This makes no sense.

What?  :huh Clam Humpers ruining gameplay for others?  Tell me it ain't so!  :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »

How about putting a range on CVs?  They can only go x sectors from their ports, or so many hours of cruising before automatically returning to port.

Yes, Admiral Lynx is definatly missed in Rookland 
LYNX was a rare top player who was not a total tool.   :salute

What?  :huh Clam Humpers ruining gameplay for others?  Tell me it ain't so!  :rolleyes:
Be nice.  They are just doing what they want and are allowed to do within the game.  No one sets out to ruin gameplay.

For the record, I am not an advocate of CV hiding.  Some of the funnest fights are against too low Navy planes.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers