Author Topic: Sherman DD  (Read 2349 times)

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Sherman DD
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
LOL, gentlemen..., you are looking at one of the expert forum lurking, over-opinionated few that make life hell for those of us that would love to see this game move forward.. congrats Ack.

I recall an old saying, "the only way to win, is not to play at all" :aok

Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 11:33:08 PM »
If you had read about any of the battles the Marines fought in the PTO, you would have learned this little fact.

Thats stretching a point. Doubtlessly some pages and books have references to LVTA4's firing AP rounds, but there is no way ALL of them do. Even you must agree with this. And I will admit that I prefer the ETO, and so know more about it.

...it's not as simple as just adding a skirt, rudder and props and out comes a Sherman DD.  Again, since you have no idea what it entails in developing a game it is understandable that you have no clue on this subject.  Get your name in some credits for game and then come back and talk to me.

Again, you give no examples. I've asked what, is it twice, or three times now? Your statment holds no water with me untill you explain why something that looks like, preforms like, and has the weapons and loadouts of a sherman DD is not a sherman DD.

As long as it takes me to complete a half a turn.

Theres that arrogance again. I fell I'm better than you give me credit for. No doubt I'm not in your leauge, but I'm not a newb either.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 11:49:23 PM »
Again, you give no examples. I've asked what, is it twice, or three times now? Your statment holds no water with me untill you explain why something that looks like, preforms like, and has the weapons and loadouts of a sherman DD is not a sherman DD.

My reference is in regards to the development of adding a Sherman DD to the game.  You just seem to think it's as easy as just adding the graphics for the skirt, props and rudders and that's all it takes.  It doesn't, there is more than that.  You'll have to create animations for each new part and then add the new damage model and graphics for each part, etc.  In short, it's not simple.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »
There we go. I know that, I just omited it as implyed. I was just saying that you would have to do little in the way of making anything new. About all thats new you would have to make is the skirts, the frame, the rudder, and the damage models/animation that goes with them (3 new damage models, and 2 new animations).

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 12:36:53 PM »
About all thats new you would have to make is the skirts, the frame, the rudder, and the damage models/animation that goes with them (3 new damage models, and 2 new animations).

LOL!  Gee...that's all?  Well, that just sounds like a couple of hours of work to me!  Damn it Dale, get right on it!

You really have no clue about developing any assets in a game if you think it's just as easy as you claim.  When you do, then come back and talk to me.

ack-ack

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 01:11:59 PM »
i think ill step over here... :bolt:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 02:27:06 PM »
I know its not simple, but its FAR easier than, say, adding the M12, or the jagdpanther.

Compared to much of what they do, it IS simple. Many want it, you don't. Thats all I'm seeing here.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Ack, do you think that if this vehicle was introduced that it would get much use? Well, I do...

This amphibiouse tank would be pretty popular in my opion, and of great use to we few that enjoy assaulting airfields/ports from CV's.
Thats why I latch onto the idea of introducing the DuelDrive M4 as a possitive addition to the game, and an ideal GV to inspire new avenue's of attack in the sea to shore ground game.

A logical argument might be that so many DD's could be deployd that the defending base would be overrun with DD tanks, and it wouldnt be fair on that account.
YET the counter argument would be that 1 VC Sherman,PanzermkIV, (or even an m8) can easily range and destroy any of the two LVT's we are currently able to deploy from the task groups.

I leave it up to the community..., though I think that convincing one's greatest critic is much more convincing, even if he has to be dragged in tooth-and-nail against his will...

Step away fro the Dark side Padawon.... :pray

Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 04:14:46 AM »
Lol, WHAT DID I SAY

Hey Ack-Ack, I may be under 18 but you want to know something. When it is adults who show pure arrogance and distaste for those who are telling them that they are being A-**** and to cool it. It really shows who the immature one is. Stating facts about the subject matter is one thing, but belittling others with petty insults or a tone of pure indifference and then going out of your way to act better or as if "you know more" is just wrong.

My comment was aimed at you purely because you do not seem to realize that most people do not care whether the Sherman or Stuka and such had a "whatever" 3 mm's forward or back and just want the darn thing to be added. These inventions that were devised back in WW2 are what we emulate, and each one of them had different variants. We are asking for variants because it adds diversity... and how where these variants produced? By improving the original design. And the changes were almost always minor in detail and just morphs of the original blueprints. Which is what we are asking Hi-Tech to do.

A persons opinion is valued. And as you are an American Ack-Ack your constitution says quite often that all people are equal under god and they have the right to say what they think. So why don't you act as if you give a damn for once instead of being a stuck up arrogant Jerk.

Please.

I'm done now
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:16:35 AM by Plawranc »
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 05:06:28 AM »
LOL, gentlemen..., you are looking at one of the expert forum lurking, over-opinionated few that make life hell for those of us that would love to see this game move forward.. congrats Ack.

I recall an old saying, "the only way to win, is not to play at all" :aok

We all want to see the game "move forward". What we do not want to see is slapped together models just for the sake of moving forward.  

I have no problem with Nem wanting a DD sherm or others wanting a G-2 stuka. I do have a problem if they are wishing for it to be based off the wrong model in game. We get to enjoy a high quality product, lets keep it that way.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:10:44 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
LOL!  Gee...that's all?  Well, that just sounds like a couple of hours of work to me!  Damn it Dale, get right on it!

You really have no clue about developing any assets in a game if you think it's just as easy as you claim.  When you do, then come back and talk to me.

ack-ack

And Ack-Ack, actually start giving examples, you made some progress, but you backslid. WHAT ELSE MUST BE MADE?

The fact is that if it looks like a DD M4, works like a DD M4, and preforms like a DD M4, then IT IS A DD M4.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »

And Ack-Ack, actually start giving examples, you made some progress, but you backslid. WHAT ELSE MUST BE MADE?

The fact is that if it looks like a DD M4, works like a DD M4, and preforms like a DD M4, then IT IS A DD M4.

Seriously, are you really naturally this stupid?  Please show me any posts where I said it wasn't.

ack-ack

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »
Yes, but you seem to think it requires more than that. All you do is hand down insults, and say that there is more to it. You don't say what it is that needs to be done, or do anything but piss and moan. Either contribute to the thread or gtfo.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 07:52:38 PM »
Who had the popcorn again?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
Yes, but you seem to think it requires more than that. All you do is hand down insults, and say that there is more to it. You don't say what it is that needs to be done, or do anything but piss and moan. Either contribute to the thread or gtfo.

Let me ask you this...who is going to know?  You with absolutely no knowledge of game development or someone that actually works in the gaming industry?  Like I said, get your name in a few game credits and then come back and talk to me.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:01:27 PM by Ack-Ack »