Author Topic: Fighter Score system  (Read 9145 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Fighter Score system
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
But it's not very sporting. A game is supposed to be fun.

Vulching is fun, well, not for the one being vulched but who gives a rat's bellybutton what he thinks?  I surely don't.

Here's a suggestion, I take off and try to climb to an effective alt and you wait and jump in when the situation seems close to fair. Then if I win, one of the other 3 bandits can take his turn. If I get killed I'll re-up. We can do this for hours if you like. Wouldn't we all find that fun? If you vulch me I will log after the first one, and you can fight your wingman.

Well, I did try that with you the other night and shot you down and all you did was whine.  Frankly, you're rather lucky that we weren't near your base because I would have vulched you just to make you whine some more.  Now, that would have been a lot of fun.

The game is dynamic and fair fights can't be expected at all times, but a little restraint in unfair situations would go a long way to making the game better for all.

LOL!  Vulching has yet to be shown as a negative towards the game play.  Even the owner and developer of this game enjoys vulching and was one of the most infamous vulchers in AW.

It surprises me how many seem to revel in a lopsided vulchfest, and will endevor to create unfair situations for the sake of ringing up easy, empty victories. No offense Ack-Ack, but I just don't see the fun in an unfair fight.

So, you coming in with an altitude advantage and picking others while they fight is a 'fair fight'? 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
The very first time I played any online game was with Warbirds.  I still remember the very first time I logged into the arena online with about 100 other people.  I was trying to get my engine started but every damned time I spawned on the runway I was immediately killed.  I recall looking out my views and seeing all the planes doing circles over my head.  I was trying to up in the middle of a giant vulchfest. This feat of dying OTR happened at least twenty two times, TWENTY TWO TIMES, before I finally had the thought of going to a place "less busy".  That was my first experience in WBs.  I recall it fondly :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »
Vulchin??? Pffft just lucky we can't fire bomber guns on the ground..... Bloodpig anyone.

Now where is the A-26 parked. :D
See Rule #4

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
If you get vulched more then once at the same field.......it's your own fault.  :old:
Lighten up Francis

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »
If you get vulched more then once at the same field.......it's your own fault.  :old:

ya know? i rolled a 38j, 'cause i thought i had more time than i did to get into the air. i see this f4u coming in haulin arse. i think " oh great....i effed up". pull it off the ground, and start a turn while i'm still in ground effect.......expecting to see him saddling me up. but what does he do? makes a pass at the radar tower, misses, bleeds all his e turning for another pass, lettimg me get in close.........i didn't get any rounds in him, but he died on that pass, just before the tower went down.
 what the hell was that? same guy(i think) at another field, trying to not fight, and just pork the base. first in a corsair......i got him once or twice, and pangea got him once or twice. he tried running in a ponyb........why didn't the dude wanna fight? or better yet, if he didn't wanna fight, why did he keep going to a field where he knew there'd be fighters waiting?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2010, 08:39:08 AM »
ya know? i rolled a 38j, 'cause i thought i had more time than i did to get into the air. i see this f4u coming in haulin arse. i think " oh great....i effed up". pull it off the ground, and start a turn while i'm still in ground effect.......expecting to see him saddling me up. but what does he do? makes a pass at the radar tower, misses, bleeds all his e turning for another pass, lettimg me get in close.........i didn't get any rounds in him, but he died on that pass, just before the tower went down.
 what the hell was that? same guy(i think) at another field, trying to not fight, and just pork the base. first in a corsair......i got him once or twice, and pangea got him once or twice. he tried running in a ponyb........why didn't the dude wanna fight? or better yet, if he didn't wanna fight, why did he keep going to a field where he knew there'd be fighters waiting?

He was in combat  :lol 

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2010, 11:01:38 AM »
He was in combat  :lol 
You're right. Next time you up your UAT (unmanned aerial toon) and pork the ords on a base, as long as the toonville war between the chess pieces rages on in the arena, it's combat even if you consider it a milkrun. You can log it as a "combat mission".
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:45 AM »
You're right. Next time you up your UAT (unmanned aerial toon) and pork the ords on a base, as long as the toonville war between the chess pieces rages on in the arena, it's combat even if you consider it a milkrun. You can log it as a "combat mission".

It would make a fun game.  HT should implement it  :lol

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2010, 11:54:38 AM »
It would make a fun game.  HT should implement it  :lol
You should drink more coffee or get some reading comprehension lessons. I'll see if I can dummy it down a bit.

You are not physically inside a WWII airplane piloting it, even though you may want to think you are. You are sitting in a chair at home pretending to fly a cartoon airplane in a virtual environment that is projected on your computer screen. Therefore, that cartoon plane you are guiding around the virtual environment is in reality unmanned.

When you log into the virtual cartoon world created on one of the arenas to fly your unmanned cartoon airplane, there is a cartoon war going on between 3 separate factions. They all want to shoot each others unmanned cartoon airplanes down and take over each others cartoon bases to "win the war".

Once you fully comprehend that, I'll attempt to teach you the concept of combat in war without the need for direct interaction between the combatants.
jarhed  

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
Lol, and your point is?  It almost sounds like you are envious.......

Speaking for myself: I get zero satisfaction when my toon gets killed.  OTOH, I get a LOT of satisfaction when my toon kills your toon.  Thats what I do. Thats why I log on.

My point is, and it relates to the other thread, thats a hallow sense of reasoning, there is no 'accomplished' goal.  Sure you killed the other guy but did you 'earn' the kill or are you looking for 2 sec mindless satisfaction? Personally, its a lot more fun and feels much more rewarding, if I had to put effort into killing the other guy, instead of just Vulching. As I said before, the only 'objective' that would benefit from such behavior would be a to take a base, other than that, its plain ego fluffing. Did you as a stick get better from doing it? Did you gain anything other than an ego boost?

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »
You should drink more coffee or get some reading comprehension lessons. I'll see if I can dummy it down a bit.

You are not physically inside a WWII airplane piloting it, even though you may want to think you are. You are sitting in a chair at home pretending to fly a cartoon airplane in a virtual environment that is projected on your computer screen. Therefore, that cartoon plane you are guiding around the virtual environment is in reality unmanned.

When you log into the virtual cartoon world created on one of the arenas to fly your unmanned cartoon airplane, there is a cartoon war going on between 3 separate factions. They all want to shoot each others unmanned cartoon airplanes down and take over each others cartoon bases to "win the war".

Once you fully comprehend that, I'll attempt to teach you the concept of combat in war without the need for direct interaction between the combatants.

1.) There are no cartoon airplanes in AH
2.) Do not confuse combat with warfare
3.) Do not try to teach something you know little about

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2010, 01:09:42 PM »
1.) There are no cartoon airplanes in AH
There are no real airplanes in AH. So whatever you think you're flying in AH, it's a drawn image...a.k.a. cartoon.

2.) Do not confuse combat with warfare
Do not confuse lack of interaction between combatants as not being combat.

3.) Do not try to teach something you know little about
I've forgotten more about warfare and combat than you're going to learn.
jarhed  

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2010, 01:32:34 PM »
There are no real airplanes in AH. So whatever you think you're flying in AH, it's a drawn image...a.k.a. cartoon.

:rofl

Be nice and before you argue, check at least definition of combat.

I've forgotten more about warfare and combat than you're going to learn.

Good for you. Now try to remember at least tiny bit of what you've forgotten. Meanwhile I'll learn some more.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2010, 01:34:30 PM »
Quote from: gyrene81 link=topic=292275.msg3728220#msg3728220 date=1279130982
[/quote

After all the hubub about the new dar and Noes attacking "undefended" bases, this is probably one of the most ironic statements I've seen yet.

It about sums up the mentality of these BBs.  IE: If you were to believe the reasons for the new dar, then this statement would make absolutely no sense.

I read earlier someone said that "vulching has no negative effect on the gameplay" , now that would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »

:rofl I am sure you can teach me a lot of things.  For example, how to take a joke, see the humor in a post, how to read and understand posts etc.

So, let me ask you a question.  What do you think my point is in this thread?