Author Topic: A night in the life of a vet who came back  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
A night in the life of a vet who came back
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:08:06 PM »
So I missed AH and re-upped a few weeks ago. I don't have a lot of free time, but thought I'd spend some with old friends...

I logged on a few nights ago, and nothing was going on, no fights, no squaddies, so I left. I tried again tonight and here's the run-down:

Log on, LWpink where 3 squaddies are is full. LWblue has 1 squaddie so I try it out.
I switch to the country he is on and he is AFK, or no-responsive sitting in the tower.
Fly a few sorties for the rooks where I am stuck with NO aired fights, give up.
In the arena selection I see 8 guys in the WWI arena. WOW! I never got to try that.
Log onto WWI arena, fly a sortie, but the rooks are out of the fight.
Switch to knights, fly for a good HOUR learning the WWI way is complicated.
Get bored with WWI and go back to lobby and find 6 squaddies online in LWpink.
WOW I can actually get into the arena they are in.
They are all knights, I'm stuck on rook (which has almost 2-1 in numbers over bish alone).
OOPS can't switch for 47 minutes.
Log off because there's no reason to fly.

<S> HTC, but I am almost sad I re-upped my subscription. I joined again to have some fun with buddies I have known for years but the game won't let me. I was out of the "LW" arena for over an hour, but the timer obviously doesn't care. I thought the whole point of making separate arenas was to promote fun and "even" out the war.

I'm not whining about arena caps, I'm not whining about chess piece numbers advantage. I'm whining about the fact that even if I get lucky enough to get in the arena my squad-mates are in I can't fly with them. That's the whole ball of wax. Why bother playing if you can't be around the people you have chosen after 8 freaking years to hang with? What a waste this game has become.

Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: A night in the life of a vet who came back
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:42:49 PM »
Squaddies wouldn't switch?  Doesn't sound em like at all.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »
Hmmm, did you even ask them to switch to your side...even for just a couple of hours?  Perhaps they don't miss you that much.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:05:54 PM »
The timer is screwed up, if you switch sides in LWBlue then go to LWOrange/Pink it adds another hour to the timer. If you went back to LWB, you would have been able to switch over to knits, then go back to LWP and fly with your squaddies..

Easy solution, no?

A whine has been recorded.....
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:11:40 AM »
The timer is screwed up, if you switch sides in LWBlue then go to LWOrange/Pink it adds another hour to the timer. If you went back to LWB, you would have been able to switch over to knits, then go back to LWP and fly with your squaddies..

Easy solution, no?

A whine has been recorded.....
so sorry I didn't know the secret country-switch bypass option. It's not that important to me to fly every day and figure out how to bypass whatever game mechanics HTC has put into place.

Hmmm, did you even ask them to switch to your side...even for just a couple of hours?  Perhaps they don't miss you that much.

Oh, so I should ask my squad mates to switch from the country outnumbered more than 2-1 to the country with the highest numbers just because I'm stuck there? I wouldn't be much of a squaddie if I did that moran.

<S> Guppy, see my reply to the other guy about asking squaddies to switch.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 12:38:32 AM »
I rarely log in here anymore, but boy...Mustaine hit a nail there.

(good to see you btw Mustaine....been a while since I saw the handle).

I don't fly here anymore, the game has gone from great to "cater to the squeeker".

Did you know that it is now possible to launch a fully loaded Hawg off a carrier with auto take off?

I guess in reality, the realistic simulations had to give way to the ability for the average 12 year old to play, which is sad for all of us old farts (geeze, can I even say fart here now?) but, everything evolves.

No harm- no foul to HTC...given the same dynamics I would probably grow my game to fit the widest customer base too.

Anyhoo, my annual post came early I guess.

big shout out to Ghosth and TC.  <<S>> to you both.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 12:39:06 AM »
No worries.  Just made me wonder as I bumped into a fight the other night with Muppets shooting Muppets.  Having been killed by squaddies on the other side more then once myself......:)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 12:47:50 AM »
sounds like your game has come and gone for good mustaine.  Bummer, but it happens to most players at some point in their AH gaming career. Sometimes it just makes sense to move on for good.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 12:54:44 AM »
Did you know that it is now possible to launch a fully loaded Hawg off a carrier with auto take off?
and........?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 08:36:08 AM »
Oh, so I should ask my squad mates to switch from the country outnumbered more than 2-1 to the country with the highest numbers just because I'm stuck there? I wouldn't be much of a squaddie if I did that moran.

Fine, then why come here and cry about it?

Oh, and it's "moron", not "moran".  If you want to try to insult someone, at least spell it right.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 08:42:33 AM »
It's not that important to me to fly every day and figure out how to bypass whatever game mechanics HTC has put into place.

:lol Amen to that!! :aok :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 08:48:30 AM »
Take-off and landing the best part of the game for you?

Doesnt really seem to effect game-play......at all

just sayin...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
Hmmm I was able to use takeoff with a fully loaded F4U when I joined 5 years ago....  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 08:56:53 AM »
Hmmm I was able to use takeoff with a fully loaded F4U when I joined 5 years ago....  :headscratch:
Yea that Q button is hard to find and when does deploying flaps actually take you off auto-pilot :headscratch:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 09:03:55 AM »
I do not recall ever hearing of load restrictions being imposed on carrier based F4Us, ever.

Some people need an excuse is all I'm getting here......

man up, when its time to go then just go.