Author Topic: Individual Sounds in Update  (Read 11094 times)

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
Re: Individual Sounds in Update
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
now when you are in a field gun defending a base and start swinging around the sound of the gun goes behind you it goes from front to left to behind to right and back to front as you swing in a circle.  All this from the gun you firing ???????  Baumer you might be right    "This too shall pass"  wonder how many will have to pass with it though you ever wonder about that?  Didn't figure so.
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
Well I am surprised at how many long time players are acting like this is the end of the world. HTC has always done a good job in the past of working through issues for everyone. So to see the "I'm going to take my ball and go home" responses is rather odd.

Yes change is never easy, but if you give HTC a little time, they seem to work things out pretty well. 
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »
i aint sweating it.. at least the vox aint echoing..

i already can't tell the difference between old vox and todays vox, at first it sounded a bit weird, but i guess i'm already used to it.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2010, 07:19:34 PM »
now when you are in a field gun defending a base and start swinging around the sound of the gun goes behind you it goes from front to left to behind to right and back to front as you swing in a circle.  All this from the gun you firing ???????  Baumer you might be right    "This too shall pass"  wonder how many will have to pass with it though you ever wonder about that?  Didn't figure so.

Every game has bugs and usually with every new release there are bugs added that couldn't have been foreseen or tested. For their small size HTC is one of the best at bug fixes and updates and I'm sure that they'll have it all ironed out within a week.

It amazes me that people will have fun and play for 364 days a year without complaint, but they'll up and quit over a bug that ruins 1 night of fun.

Give the "Old Man" a chance and he will have all this fixed shortly.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
provide an ingame VoX quality that is as good as those offered by standalone VoX programs or just gut it out of the game
What you have said here quite clearly is "give me Ventrilo quality or give me nothing"
You will never, ever get it from an in-game voice system. Ever. The old system didn't have it, the new system won't have it and any future system won't have it. I've played games that have had literally $millions$ thrown into them and vox quality was worse than pre and post Miles here.

I hope you enjoy your nothing.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2010, 07:27:09 PM »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »
I appreciate the individual sound board support options. EAX sound is very good with enabled CMSS2 3D.  :aok

Offline SLAMMER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »
HTC,

Customisation is one of Aces High's greatest features. Removing the individual sound controls is just not acceptable to me as I'm one of the many players who use a custom sound pack. For best results some sounds need to be tweaked in game, for example:

•   I like to lower the volume of my engine to hear people speak on vent and hear myself think.
•   I like raise the volume of my flaps so I can hear them clearly instead of taking my eyes of the enemy to look at a dial.
•   Gun quality can be really poor when amplified to much, tweaking is needed.
•   I like to raise the volume of my stall and buffet for obvious reasons.

So you're telling me I have to go through all my custom sounds and edit them outside of game for best results or use the offical Aces High sounds which are crap.

"Worse change of all time, of all time."

:rofl :cry :headscratch: :bolt:

I concur- ridiculous that we cannot change individual sounds.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
Absolutley HATE IT!!. That damn siren is driving me crazy and its actually louder when someone beeps in. I always muted that and the base under attack one. Its very distracting
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »
Anyone else have Simon and Garfunkel playing in their head now?

I didn't until you mentioned it.  :furious

:rofl
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »
Simplicity is the goal, having a thousand sound sliders for a bunch of sounds that you don't even know what they are is not really newbie friendly.  That why no other games do that.

If you want to ditch a sound altogether, you can use a blank .wav file as your custom sound.

Holy crap that would be your solution? Having a single slider for each sound? Im LMAO at you. Come on man how long have you been programming? How about a drop down list with a single slider. I know YOU know better than this. Anyways, I'm sure someone as talented as you can come up with a happy medium. Cheers.

:aok
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2010, 01:00:49 AM »
I just wish I could find these sound files you all can see.  I have looked all over my computer and can find no .wav files in or around aces high
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2010, 01:46:31 AM »
Ok here is a zip file that has the three most requested (complained about) sounds at a much quieter level.

• Stall Horn
  • Base Warning
  • Air Raid

Just extract the .wav files and place in the sounds folder.

http://332nd.org/dogs/baumer/BBS%20Stuff/NewSounds/quietSFx.zip
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2010, 01:51:36 AM »
Good work Baumer.
Retired

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2010, 02:00:31 AM »
Ok here is a zip file that has the three most requested (complained about) sounds at a much quieter level.

• Stall Horn
  • Base Warning
  • Air Raid

Just extract the .wav files and place in the sounds folder.

http://332nd.org/dogs/baumer/BBS%20Stuff/NewSounds/quietSFx.zip

STICKY!!!!1!

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay