Author Topic: Making Sense of the New Health Care Rules  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Making Sense of the New Health Care Rules
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »
Probably if I have a problem it would be something like gall bladder or knee surgery which is much more affordable

I'm glad you could not only diagnose yourself, but you can also see into the future.

I hope you have enough money, I sure as heck don't want to support you when you get sick.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
Nice try at being clever but you missed the point completely. I have never been dependent upon charity so save your regrets for the source of the real problem.

EDIT: Besides... your 'charitable contributions' dont go to real problems or didnt you know that?  :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:31:23 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 09:26:47 AM »
Percentages say you will be dependent on handouts in the future when you fail to plan.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 01:19:21 AM »
The point is I planned so I dont have to have an insurance that will fail me just when I need it most. If you are not in the same position I suggest you buy into the insurance plan that makes the most sense for you. Point two is I dont want an insurance company telling me which doctor I can see or be treated by. I didnt work as hard as I have just to have someone (anyone) tell me what I have to do. That includes a health care reform.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 01:35:09 AM »
I would love to say SO MUCH about this...*cough cough* thing...., but unfortunately I don't want to get banned by the Skuzzinator :)

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 01:46:10 AM »
Its easy to do. I think I have been banned on every newspaper site on the internet.  :devil

FOS on the internet only extends to the point at which you hit the enter key unless you own the site (or if the site owner agrees with the writer).

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 01:53:06 AM »
The point is I planned so I dont have to have an insurance that will fail me just when I need it most. If you are not in the same position I suggest you buy into the insurance plan that makes the most sense for you. Point two is I dont want an insurance company telling me which doctor I can see or be treated by. I didnt work as hard as I have just to have someone (anyone) tell me what I have to do. That includes a health care reform.
Or you are looking for a reason to complain? If you read the print there is nothing in there telling you you cannot see a certain doctor. Also if you read the link in which this thread is discussing, you will see that the Health Care Bill is putting a stop to certain practices by insurance companies to get out of paying for health costs.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 01:58:26 AM »
...Now everyone will have to pay for healthcare... want to or not. The only folks who truely benefit are the nonproductive members of our society. You can bet there will soon be many more of those.

My parents will definitely benefit from these changes, this makes my parents nonproductive members of society?  I didn't know not being able to afford something made you a nonproductive member of society.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 04:31:56 AM »
Or you are looking for a reason to complain? If you read the print there is nothing in there telling you you cannot see a certain doctor. Also if you read the link in which this thread is discussing, you will see that the Health Care Bill is putting a stop to certain practices by insurance companies to get out of paying for health costs.

The bill itself is reason to complain. No one has a right to tell me I have to buy anything. There is a name for that.

Lets say I stop working altogether. Okay so I have a few million in the bank. There is no income stream but yet I am forced to pay for this? What if I had no money at all? Even the tax is too much so what happens? I go to jail? Or is Delirium going to pay my health care along with everyone else? That means that Delirium and everyone else has to pay even more than their fair share.

Your already paying too much so its beyond time to say enough is enough.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »
The shortage of doctors is the one thing that isn't dicussed much.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
The bill itself is reason to complain. No one has a right to tell me I have to buy anything. There is a name for that.

Unless you live in New Hampshire, don't all states require you to have auto insurance already?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 10:55:54 AM »
Unless you live in New Hampshire, don't all states require you to have auto insurance already?

The point is they dont require you to buy a car. Its a little different when you take a lethal weapon out of the garage. Thats called regulation.

What exactly is regulated that forces me to buy health insurance? The answer is really simple and that isnt part of the deal we all signed up for.

Offline DeltaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 11:12:46 AM »
Talk to any doctor I have encountered and I asked about, "What do you think about the Medicare changes?"  Every one of them are definitely not happy.  One eye guy has had to cut back staff hours due to non-payment issues by the Feds.

The docs make too much money.  1960's I remember just $8 for an office visit, but that was before the outrageous malpractice insurance increases.

The real cutbacks will happen in 8 years, after Obama's 2nd term, if he gets that far on re-election.

Somebody has to keep Wal*Mart and McDonald's labor market healthy once the new immigration laws kick in and vamos back to the homeland.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »
I could tell you exactly how to fix the labor problems in this country but the very first line would peg Skuzzys rule book violation scale and send me offline for at least two weeks.

Health care isnt the only situation that needs to be changed but if the rest of us are going to suffer through the changes then so should the lawyers (tort reform was taken off the table if I remember correctly).

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
Anybody know what the max emloyers pay for insurance before it becomes taxable income to employee and when that becomes effective?

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.