Author Topic: CH Fighterstick  (Read 1987 times)

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
CH Fighterstick
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:05:55 PM »
Can anyone tell if whether or not the CH Fighterstick has a 2-stage trigger (half pull and full pull to fire primary and secondary separately)? 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: CH Fighterstick
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
No I'm afraid not.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
Negative.  I have my trigger firing all guns, the top-left button for primary and the right-side button for secondary.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:23:56 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »
hmmm

i've got my trigger to primary top thumb to secondary I just hold them both down when I want to fire all. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 12:27:56 PM »
hmmm

i've got my trigger to primary top thumb to secondary I just hold them both down when I want to fire all. 

I've got more buttons than I have things to map to them.   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 12:38:06 PM »
Same here :D 'now which button did I have mapped to the tailhook' *booom* guess that wasn't it :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »
You can always have a shift key so that when you hold the trigger it would be primary and when shift key is held then it all guns. You would need to load the CH Control Manager to do this. The shift key would also double all your buttons, no need to use the  1,2 and 3 mode. It is also advised that when you are using CH stuff to always load the CHCM for their are drivers that get installed with it.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  Got my pedals yesterday and stick should be coming soon.  Time to redevelop muscle memory.   :uhoh
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »
You won't be disappointed. At first it will be hard to learn the peddles but stick with it and it will come to you. I know a few people that made the transition from twisty to peddles and they all say I don't know how I could fly like that. I will never go back to twisty.

Here is a link that might help you out look through it to find how to set up your CH. It is best to use the CHCM than to set them up in game. Homeboy has some good write ups and also has a map file you can use.

http://snomhf.exofire.net/

Look under Articles and downloads.

Here is another link about the CHCM: 

http://www.stickworks.com/contents.htm

Any questions you might have send me a PM I'll see if I can help out. Hope this helps.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »
although CH Control Manager is great and will let you do an almost unlimited amount of things

do realize that aces high will let you use all your CH gear including your 3 modes on both the Throttle & the fighter stick along with the extra 4 modes that Aces high has built into its controller setup section....

so you actually have an unlimited supply of options by just using Aces High forgoing the CHCM programming of your CH Stuff......

for those who play a asortment of other MMO games that use controllers, CHCM might be of an even more importance.....

the only thing I use CHCM for anymore, is to combine ( see ) my controllers as one...... (<--- hope I explained that right, was something murdr had suggested to me several years ago )

I quit using the CHCM to program/setup my buttons and switched to fully learning and using what Aces High has to offer

best of luck to ya, either way you go  :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »

From homeboys write-up.

"You Do Not Have To Actually Use CM
Many guys do not want to bother learning how to use the Command Manager and so never install it.  That's fine but it is a mistake not to at least install it.  Because the CH drivers are installed only when you install CM, you'll end up using the Microsoft generic joystick driver unless you take the time to install CM.  Now, just because you install CM, you don't have to use it anymore after that (but shame on you if you don't ... ok, that's for another day).  Once you've downloaded the latest version of CM, simply click on the file in the file manager to start the install. "
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »

From homeboys write-up.

"You Do Not Have To Actually Use CM
Many guys do not want to bother learning how to use the Command Manager and so never install it.  That's fine but it is a mistake not to at least install it.  Because the CH drivers are installed only when you install CM, you'll end up using the Microsoft generic joystick driver unless you take the time to install CM.  Now, just because you install CM, you don't have to use it anymore after that (but shame on you if you don't ... ok, that's for another day).  Once you've downloaded the latest version of CM, simply click on the file in the file manager to start the install. "

I never said to not install it , and I never said not to use it...... I simply offered an alternative, if one gets frustrated with CHCM......

to me CHCM is the newest generation of CH's old speed keys...... it offers the same things and more......

as for the using MS's generic driver verses CH's driver..... I wonder if this still holds true for Vista with latest SP and Windows 7?

for when I plugged in my CH Fighter Stick & Throttle on this "crap PC build" I just recently patched together.... Windows 7 installed the CH Drivers for my controllers automatically..... not the MS Generic Joystick Driver......

I just throwed this PC together last week, and I have not loaded CHCM up on it yet....... and I have had no problems or faults with my setup with Aces High when I went in to calibrate it and program the functions..... I am wondering if that MS Generic Joydriver thing was more related to early Vista OS's and older winXP, Win2000, WinMill, win98 etc......

Homeboy is awesome, does amazing things, and I often refer others toward his direction when needing help with CH or refer them to CH-Hangars forum...... or when they need help igf they use AlacrityPC (<--- or however it is spelled ) Homeboy did a most excellent guide to it along with how to tweak your PC before using it.....

this was nothing more than another option.......

any and all posts to help others all hold value, I was not trying to steer anyone one way or the other

hope this helps  :salute

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 12:33:04 PM »
Just an opinion on the control manager (and yes I agree install it) but it's a lot easier, for me anyway, just to use the AH options.  Probably will be for someone new to the set up as well.  I think of the control manager as an 'advanced' option that I will probably never graduate to.  You guys that can use the 'shift' option and actually remember where everything is <S> but I like keeping it real simple and easily intuitive.

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 12:50:16 PM »
Thanks for all the info!

So I got the stick yesterday and hooked them both up for a few hours last night.  It's gonna take some getting used to but I find I already have much better control over rudder functions and I'm not inadvertanely twisting the stick everytime I go to line up a shot. 

I did have some problems, however.  The CH fighterstick has analog "trim" wheel for both x and y axis.  It seemed like they were throwing off the calibration but I realized that AH sees the anolog trim wheels no differently than actual stick input.  Theroetically I should be able to leave those trim wheels centered and just use the in-game combat trim, but it seemed like I was constantly fighting the airplane's trim for most of the night.  It may just be that I was getting used to a different arm position (sitting back further so that I can get my long legs onto the pedals under my tiny desk), but was wondering if anyone had issues with these trim wheels or trim functions in general with the CH Fighterstick.

Also, my zoomtoggle for some reason is now mega-zoomed.  It's kida cool for some purposes but I would like to adjust the default zoom position back a little.  For some reason, my brackets dont seem to work for that.  Any suggestions.

I do love the smoothness and accuracy of the stick and the fact that I dont need suction cups on the bottom to keep it from turning over. 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
the bottom trim button I leave centered and use the in game trim.  The left one I have slaved to engine rpms.  don't know how everybody else does it but it works for me.  Good luck