Author Topic: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station  (Read 9738 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2011, 04:07:16 AM »
I think I will respond later... and maybe better in a separate thread, I think this is far to interesting to be buried in a "WHOA AWESEOME VIDEO" thread  :devil

But one thing thing I wanted to comment on.
I don't think this firepower advantage would hold in a swarm scenario like TT bombing missions.. But then again if you've got the benefit of an attacking swarm, you can probably get a few kills before being outrun.

In fact I think such huge TT missions are the better place for a 410 to try for an interception.

I don't know when you played last time, but since we got the new towns, a lot has changed in regard to single, high bomber sorties. It's no longer the factories they are going for but simply town centers. Yes, we had that before, but not that much as it happens now. That means the bomber's flight path is much less predictable, and the bomber pilot can simply switch to a different set of targets if he sees an enemy darbar in the general direction (Mossie pilot's depend on that, and they are usually very successful at it). Now a (assumed) 350 mph bomber at 30k can surely frustrate any would-be interceptor that way.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2011, 04:08:59 AM »
Was gonna suggest separate thread. Maybe the latest 410 thread in AC/GV forum?  Your call.  I'll reply there.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2011, 04:16:45 AM »
Maybe a new "B-29 and the interception problem" thread? Dunno... way too tired now. Stayed awake the whole night working out some stuff for a possible "AH Stats 2010 part II" thread  :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2011, 04:35:35 AM »
I'll do it, don't worry about it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2011, 04:58:57 AM »
Maybe a new "B-29 and the interception problem" thread?

Me163=no intercept problem. but only near HQ.
maybe HTC should enable it near strats too.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2011, 05:28:30 AM »
I think I might actually need the Mosquito NF.30 just for its high blown engines.  420-430mph at 27,000ft seems more what is called for than whatever slow speed the FB.Mk VI will do up there...
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2011, 05:58:44 AM »
Carmina Burana?  Really?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
Hundreds and hundreds of buffweenies padding their' perkybanks for B-29's. This should be lovely :eek:

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »

Practicing up!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
Me163=no intercept problem. but only near HQ.
maybe HTC should enable it near strats too.
A b29 will swat that 163 like a rag doll if I tried to get near it...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2011, 09:03:20 AM »

I have to agree with Waystin on this one
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »
I already stated why it was removed and it was not due to the reliability of the 20mm cannon.

ack-ack
Can you post a reliable source?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2011, 10:03:04 AM »
DOES ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THE TITLE:

FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2011, 10:08:54 AM »
Yeah? So?

It's a quote from Return of the Jedi. Doesn't mean we get lightsabers or anything. It's a quote and a reference to AW days.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »
Uuum Krusty? If that was to Outbreak, I think maybe you missed the point a wee touch.

Armed and Operational?

Does that mean she's ready to be deployed? Might not be too long till we have havoc being caused in the MA  :uhoh
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack