Author Topic: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station  (Read 9708 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2011, 03:22:07 PM »
What's this high altitude interception stuff about?

- just follow them home in an NOE B-25H and plink em with 75mm HE when they're landing ,  or for more flexibility - up a p47 / p38 with DTs and rockets.  :devil

That was precisely what I was thinking, when I'm in the mood to B29 hunt, I'm going to follow em home.  What goes up must come down.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2011, 03:24:49 PM »
What's this high altitude interception stuff about?

- just follow them home in an NOE B-25H and plink em with 75mm HE when they're landing ,  or for more flexibility - up a p47 / p38 with DTs and rockets.  :devil

(think Robot Chicken here)
B29 pilet and his buddies heading in for final approach

'whoa that was cool'
'we was the awesome'
'squeak squeak squeak'
'somebody translate'
'SQUEAK squeak squeak'
'Look man I cant understand you just lan'
*sound of 75 mm rounds impacting

B29 pilet and his buddies in the tower
'So I guess SQUEAK means danger or somethin'
'Squeak'
'S@#$%'
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2011, 03:26:44 PM »
That was precisely what I was thinking, when I'm in the mood to B29 hunt, I'm going to follow em home.  What goes up must come down.

Wiley.
If any one follows me...i will run u out of gas and send my minions at you!!!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »
AKAK, the MiG15 had a much better climb rate than the WWII jets do. Not to mention, they are faster at altitude than the Me262 as well.

But the same issues the B-29 had with the MiG 15 will still be there with the Me 262 and Me 163, which was they were too fast for the defensive guns to track.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline VonKost

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
This is nice, I need to go change pants.... :x

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »

But I won't come down at a frontline airfield. Good luck in following me NOE through several dar circles and staying below 70ft all the time ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »
But I won't come down at a frontline airfield. Good luck in following me NOE through several dar circles and staying below 70ft all the time ;)

Owned.   :aok   :lol
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2011, 03:35:41 PM »
:aok multitasking and bombing best way, take off near strats, go things around the house level off, do more things, bomb a ton of towns, sit in tailgunner watching for planes, then land at strays again!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »
I think the part people are not prepared for is how tough this plane is going to be. think p47, f6f hellcat toughness and multiply that toughness by a billion and thats likely where the b29 will be.
the report from the p61 black widow emptying its full ammunition clip into an unmanned b29 to down it and still barely denting it makes me think a 109k4 will not even dent this with anything but a cockpit shot.
50 cals will likely be useless as well.
about the only thing with the firepower would be a 190a8 or ta152 and then just barely would they probably get one down out of the formation if they survived the defensive fire.

UM up to 25K a 110 with rockets .  Learn how to use them.  If you get good you almost always get two and sometimes three.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:43:52 PM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »

UM 110 with rockets .  Learn how to use them.

110's can't even catch my B-17 at altitude. Good luck trying to stop the B-29 in a plane that does only ~345 mph at 30k  :neener:

And you can be sure I will dweeb my way all over the map at 30K on the first Titanic Wednesday after the B-29 has been introduced   :devil
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:42:33 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2011, 03:40:56 PM »
Probably a bit more menu averable, I think the MiG15 had a 37mm cannon too

Maneuverability had nothing to do with it, jets were too fast for the radar controlled defensive guns to track targets properly.  Since I don't think the game is going to model the radar controlled defensive guns, that means it's going to rely on manual tracking which is a vulnerability that can be exploited.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline VonKost

• Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2011, 03:43:36 PM »
First, there may be a huge number of B-29's. But in the long run how many people will keep using them "smart", protecting their perks by climbing to very high altitudes? Who will continue to spend 30 - 45 minutes to get to altitude and over their target? One part will simply get bored, the other will learn that there are much quicker, cheaper and more efficient ways to kill hangars and grab a field

Me and my guys will be doing this type of work. Since there are no jet stream modeled up there (I think), maybe higher. ;)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2011, 03:45:26 PM »
Maneuverability had nothing to do with it, jets were too fast for the radar controlled defensive guns to track targets properly.  Since I don't think the game is going to model the radar controlled defensive guns, that means it's going to rely on manual tracking which is a vulnerability that can be exploited.  

ack-ack
It's harder to hit a more twisty plane (stick stiring 190's are harder to hit when they flop everywhere)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

ack-ack

As well as some photon torps in the exhaust ports    :devil

:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2011, 04:18:49 PM »
Its all conjecture at this point.  Once we get past the initial "B29 burn-in tour" (no pun intended) then threads like this will have more real data (in game) to chew on.  Bottom line for me is if some guy wants to take his B29s to 25k+ then I am simply going to find other things to do with my time online besides grab to 25+ and try to position myself above, to the sides, or in front of him for a one shot pass.  Of course, same can be said for Lancs, B24s, and 17s.......

As far as the 262 goes, in the hands of a experienced AH gamer with plenty of grab time on his/her hands, B29s will be going down in flames, one way or another.  Regarding the 163, its going to take a pretty direct route over one of the rear fields and even then, if the 29s are high enough, the 163 is going to have little loiter time to set up decent attacks.  Not too much of a threat there but again, time will tell.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:21:36 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns