Author Topic: Why i think this game is bad  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why i think this game is bad
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2001, 01:19:00 AM »
.squelch pdog109
sand

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2001, 01:38:00 AM »
pdog_109:

have you ever bailed out of your plane in AH, and deployed your chute. well I have done it a few times and I can tell you with out a dought, It is not like the real thing.

I have jumped out of real planes 185 times, and when you free fall, all you hear is wind. but in AH, there is no wind blast and I can hear the guys on roger wilco. and when you open your chute in real life, there is a bit of a jolt, but not in AH. and when you are under your canopy, there is still wind, but not in AH.

So as I know how it feels to jump out of a plane, open my chute, and float to the ground under my chute. I know it is not like the real thing in AH, so I will never again play AH because it is not real enough.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2001, 02:09:00 AM »
This is from someone usually marked as a whiner (although I only whined about P51 FM almost 2 yrs ago).

AH is IMO the best online sim. WB comes close. WW2OL might be close in few months.

Offline sims can't even compare to an online sim. Even if offline sim starts with better potential, FM etc. Online sim will catch up and soon pass it. Online sim is a continous development. This is the main reason why I didn't even look at offline sim when I tried WB and AH. Apart from superior AI in online sim (well, not always - you still have Spit drivers here  :)).

FM in offline sims ? Now that one is what I call biased. Take US made offline sim. Your P51 will turn inside any German plane and even Spitfire. Only Zeke might be immune, it is too well known as a good turner for authors to get away with it. Il-2 ? Try to compare same plane types in AH and Il-2. Is Ah biased ? Dunno, we might need UN made online sim. Or alien made.

Some of AH pilots went to WW2OL, mainly LW types (they were badly missed in the Rumble, to be honest). My tako on why they left is lack of historical aspect. AH is fantasy arena. They went to other sim, despite its FM. HTC should think of it. With historical arena, you might get some of them back. Add historical cockpits, gauges and metric system and there you go.

You say LW planes suck ? They were made for different kind of fights than the ones you have in AH. They are hunters, not fighters (Jaeger, German expression for fighter plane means hunter). You should look at those plane as such. That's why you see far more Spits & Nikis. Most consider LW planes boring. This is pretty shortsighted statement, but I don't want to discuss it here. If Luftwaffe wanted to build perfect AH arena plane, they'd make full-metal Fokker DrI, put a pair of MK103 cannons on it, boost the ailerons and fit it with DB603 engine. Now that'd be the best killer in the arena.

P.S.
190 feels much better in AH than WB. Although FM was done by same people, go figure.

Offline laz

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2001, 03:02:00 AM »
p-dog..  i have seen you in h2h a couple times now and you are just one of the punks that fly around in tempest and act like u know what ur talking about and think you are a good pilot.  If you have such a problem with ah then leave. I know i will not miss you.

sorry if this sounds rude guys but its the truth  :mad:   :mad:   :mad:  

Offline laz

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2001, 03:05:00 AM »
also.... your telling me you rarely see more than 15 people in one place?!? I think you need to lay off the boo's a bit cuz u can get even half of that in h2h!!...  and i have seen more then 25 in one area quite easily and frequently.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2001, 03:12:00 AM »
This is from someone usually marked as a whiner (although I only whined about P51 FM almost 2 yrs ago).

LOL... This is gonna be fun!!

Hristo...no the reaosn ya got pegged as a whiner was because of statements along these lines...

Take US made offline sim. Your P51 will turn inside any German plane and even Spitfire. Only Zeke might be immune, it is too well known as a good turner for authors to get away with it. Il-2 ? Try to compare same plane types in AH and Il-2. Is Ah biased ? Dunno, we might need UN made online sim. Or alien made.

See... I said this would be fun. I've missed you. <kiss-kiss>

But what really gets me is this..

Some of AH pilots went to WW2OL, mainly LW types (they were badly missed in the Rumble, to be honest).  

The LW guys I flew against in the Rumble were damn sharp; and I spent mosta my air time just tryin to stay alive. The LW I saw flew like pros. The 'LW' in AH ain't dead because some guys went to other sims. A lotta non-LW affiliated members have stolled off to other pastures. Chit.. Hristo; why you dissin yer boys?? damn; fool...

And where the hell were you the last year?? LOL!

And none of this has a damn thing to do with this thread's two week wonders wail... nothin we ain't all seen 3 dozen times a year in every game ever produced... "I don't like it; so somethin must be wrong with it.."

BTW; Nice Rumble Hristo. Enjoyed that immensely.  :)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2001, 03:22:00 AM »
P51D in 1999 was a joke. It went worse after it, then it went better with combat flaps. Just facts.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2001, 04:10:00 AM »
Save the money on the flame suite bdog and get a staight jacket.
The sounds for each plane are configurable and customizable. Same for each weapon.
A medium size carrier attack in US prime time will have 40-60 aircraft in the same geographical area. almost every time.
The FM feels weird to you because you are sitting on your joystick. Try using your hand instead of your bellybutton to fly with.

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2001, 04:22:00 AM »
Sounds are bad-> there is plenty of sounds to replace original ones, some are very good (if this is so important to say a simulation i bad  :rolleyes:  )
Panels-->, ive seen much worse panels in simulations
  :D
Reality --> its a simulation, dont forget it!!, and its a game too (please dont comparate with quake anyway)   :eek:

Flying --> You can choose how to fly
if you wanna fly like real, take a plane, climb 25k, and search around for your prey, scanning sky for long minutes,avoiding furball, find an enemy and attack him only for one or two passes, then disengage and go home; and be ready to have no kill most of time. This is real flying, but its so tedious for almost everyone   :rolleyes: , so you have to find your compromise with real life and your simlife  :)
Dont care of HT making money if you can have a good time flying;oh i know, 30$, could be less,,ecc ecc... we just discussed of it more and more, but this is a personal choice, if u like it u fly it otherwise u can go .......
You thinl IL2 will be the best, i hope so, but i think that a good sim must be good under many aspects, not only graphic, or panels or whatsoever, is the mix that counts, and precedent experiences and enthusiasms are gone so bad.....see WWIIOL
  :D
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2001, 04:51:00 AM »
Thought about it......
Sorry this post dosen't deserve a reply!

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: Thunder ]
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2001, 06:11:00 AM »
If ya dont like it, then dont pay for it and go away. Whats the point of your post?
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2001, 06:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by pdog_109:
But, no.
100 people in lobby but you only see not more than 20 at a time just like in a box sim. Maybe if everybody went to the same place at the same time but that would be slow.
IL-2 will make all sims obsolete.
And thats that.

Flame on    :)

Heey who told you that there are no BIG formations in MA! I have screenshots    :D Problem is that big formations atract even bigger formations of fighters   :) And although I enjoy killing several Ta152s during one sortie in my Lancaster I still prefer to perform smaller scale bombing raids. And one final statement: NO Im NOT affraid of Il-2! It looks nice and maybe it will be a fun to fly for a limited period of time but I think that this is gonna be it!   :p

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2001, 06:55:00 AM »
"Flame on"

??? No way. I'd feel guilty.

From you're post I take it you're at least partially deaf and probably legally blind. (I was nice and left out the obvious symptoms of being 'dumb')

Have you ever tried Zaxxon or Crimson Skies?  I think that's the kind of action and ear/eye candy you're looking for.

Westy

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2001, 07:46:00 AM »
Damn it, looks like we lost another LW treasure.

HTC better wake up.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »
Steve there was sound in gun camera. Camera's had sound recording ability in ww2 the same for gun camera. If you watched some documentaries, you would know.

Well... I don't know about that one... the documentaries you refer to often have sound dubbed in (much the same way background music is added to movies). I seriously doubt engineers would have intentionally designed guncams that would be heavier (intrinsic with adding sound ability) just so the analysts could hear what was happening.

Ever notice on the documentaries that P-51's sound like P-47's sound like Me109's sound like...   ;)