Author Topic: Why i think this game is bad  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Why i think this game is bad
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2001, 07:27:00 PM »
Ahh its always refreshing to find someone intellectually inferior - especially by such a great margin.

First a nice contradiction: Everybody Flies the same planes: you then go on to list 6 different aircraft. Hmmmmm?

Then the register numbers? Where did you see these? My guess is 1500. How did I guess that? Rankings. Some of those 1500 will be two-weekers like yourself. 1500 x $30 = $45000. Less premises rent, less internet traffic bills, power bills, costs of hardware (server upgrades), software costs, development costs, 6+ staff will eat a large portion of that. Doesn't sound like Hi Profits to me?

Last release we had more than fixes. Next release will be more than fixes too (trains etc). AH is an ongoing development.

If you're such a genius, go write your own Sim, come back and let us know when you're done.

5 days and you're an expert huh?

Ex - a has been
Spert - something ejected

l8r mg!

Originally posted by pdog_109:
Everybody flies the same planes. N1k, Spit, La7 and then F4u, some P-51 and P-47, less 109 and 190.
And all this for 30$ a month?
Hi Tech are not stupid. They want to make money and thats what they are doing.
Ok, 30 a month and how many players?
I have seen register numbers in the thousands so i'll say 5000 estimated members.
5000 x 30 a month is 150.000 a month is these guys income. Cost of development?
What cost? Fix this fix that release new version, add new plane, whoopy do.
Hi Tech = Hi Profits

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2001, 07:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steven:
The gun sounds are the same and don't sound real. Have you ever heard .50 fire in gun camera? Doesn't sound like that in AH.
------------------

Errr, WW2 fighter aircraft had microphones on their cameras?

Yes, they did in certain cases. Time Life owns the rights to several examples. The Discovery Wings series included a few.

:cool:

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2001, 07:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by wolf37:
pdog_109:

have you ever bailed out of your plane in AH, and deployed your chute. well I have done it a few times and I can tell you with out a dought, It is not like the real thing.

I have jumped out of real planes 185 times, and when you free fall, all you hear is wind. but in AH, there is no wind blast and I can hear the guys on roger wilco. and when you open your chute in real life, there is a bit of a jolt, but not in AH. and when you are under your canopy, there is still wind, but not in AH.

So as I know how it feels to jump out of a plane, open my chute, and float to the ground under my chute. I know it is not like the real thing in AH, so I will never again play AH because it is not real enough.

Wolf, you almost qualify for the "Superman Suit!"  (requisite: 200 jumps)  :)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2001, 07:43:00 PM »
I am not claiming to know all the facts, but try to imagine what a microphone would pick up if it were with the camera.  Incredible wind noise, engine roaring noise, and gun firing noise.  Not much to listen to.

I still find it hard to believe there are gun cam sound recordings.  Most recordings I have heard have been just radio and intercom conversations.

Maybe they exist, but I have never heard them.  One thing I can honestly claim, I have fired both a 50 cal and 20mm weapon.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2001, 07:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran:

Well... I don't know about that one... the documentaries you refer to often have sound dubbed in (much the same way background music is added to movies). I seriously doubt engineers would have intentionally designed guncams that would be heavier (intrinsic with adding sound ability) just so the analysts could hear what was happening.

Ever notice on the documentaries that P-51's sound like P-47's sound like Me109's sound like...     ;)

Sorry, Kieran, but you screwed the pooch on this one. The PR guys rigged several late war aircraft for color footage and sound. I have a few excellent cams of 109 shedding wings under the impact of .50's from inside of 50ft. Check out "Wings Over Europe" sometime.

Sorry, Dago. It is possible to shield mics from the wind. I never heard of the japanese caring about such things, but even the Germans and Tommies made PR footage. In the case of them, though, it was mostly attacks on buffs. Some German footage made from the 87 Junkers still exists. Wish I had one.

We have an A&P at work that has been working since '53. I'll ask him tomorrow about the F4U (which he did work on), but I believe another man I know had once told me the P-38 always had mic pickups after the F model. It's not my favorite aircraft, so I don't remember exactly, but I'll hunt him down sometime and ask.

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: Voss ]

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2001, 07:55:00 PM »
I have a shiny bottlecap!

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2001, 09:32:00 PM »
Planes is plural you moron!
Vulcan you handsomehunk inferior.
I have stooped to your low level by name calling like you.
Does this make you a troll a  moron a 12 year old and arrogant?
I want to see you write something huh?
People have told me its good but i still have to work on it. Guess its not perfect still needs to be tweaked, fixed, played around with. Get the point? Or are you to stupid or brainwashed by HTC.
I guess all you know how to do is namecall like 12 yr olds when i did no such thing.
Buh bye suckers.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2001, 09:55:00 PM »
WELL  pepz HOW about  to  STOP deprime whiners  < i mean myself to ! >  and  not sending away everi 1 who not sing the glory for AH ???????????

instead of  teach the  not hapy newbies some of your dirty trick how to  be a  big AH  player

this bashing on whiners sendet away to many people ,, and it just becose they not say   yes  yes yes ?

hey  pdog chil down i got mad even more time  and more like u  but with time .......
   :)   and come fly  with knigits   i dont know to much about   all the planes but what i know i will share with u , so like this u can piss off the  quake planes driver  ;)

ah is not perfect but  Lw stuff are modelet corectly the rest is crap over the edge    ;) about IL2 do no but wehn AH got Historical arena it will be best

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
Flame on     :)

Were you expecting another reaction?

Mebbe you're right. Hey everyone, let's cancel our subscriptions and wait for "the next big thing."

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: Sandman_SBM ]
sand

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2001, 10:16:00 PM »
Good Gravy!

You guys have been down right civil with him.

Creamo!, Wulf! whats a matter You?! You call this a flame pit?.. looks like wet book of matches.

LOL
10Bears

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2001, 10:44:00 PM »
Listen here you sorry excuse for a pile of dog crap... does "Hi Tech = Hi Profits" sound like 12 year old name calling?

You haul your sorry little bellybutton in here, abuse HTC who IMHO have an excellent product. Make outrageous claims about things which you are no expert on. And do it all after 5 days of playing.

The only sucker here is you - the little kid who feels left out because his mom won't give him her credit card to play AH.

Go back to sandpit. Call me when you have written a better product than HTC.

Later pond-scum... I'm off to enjoy one of my favourite games, Aces High, you sulk in your corner while I have fun.

Planes is plural you moron!
Vulcan you handsomehunk inferior.
I have stooped to your low level by name calling like you.
Does this make you a troll a  moron a 12 year old and arrogant?
I want to see you write something huh?
People have told me its good but i still have to work on it. Guess its not perfect still needs to be tweaked, fixed, played around with. Get the point? Or are you to stupid or brainwashed by HTC.
I guess all you know how to do is namecall like 12 yr olds when i did no such thing.
Buh bye suckers.

Offline sprint

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2001, 12:29:00 AM »
Gee, that was fun.  Sure going to miss him.

sprint
*MOL*

:rolleyes:

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
Buh bye suckers.

Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead. Ding dong the wicked witch is dead

:D

Don't let the  <westy slams the door on the back of Pee-dog's head> door hit ya!

;)

Westy

(sometimes kinda nice to feed a troll what it wishes)

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
Nice work gents, but...

This community is getting weaker and weaker as time passes, you seem no more capable of the old glorious flamewars, this troll was in some way...

help me with words...

weak??

:D

p.s.
We need new luftwhiners!!  :)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
"IL-2 will be better even tough i never played it, "
"IL-2 will make all sims obsolete"

gotta love his weak assumptions.