Author Topic: Boot people who have latency greater than 1.5 sec from the arena  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Boot people who have latency greater than 1.5 sec from the arena
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
Whoever chose to live in an area with lacking infrastructure also chose to live with the sacrifices.

Ahhh...the sage like words from someone that is utterly clueless.  Any more words of wisdom you wish to bestow on us?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 02:31:40 PM »
Whoever chose to live in an area with lacking infrastructure also chose to live with the sacrifices.

exactly.

I live in town, I have friends that live outta town. when we meet up they usually have a little moan about the £30 taxi ride home, despite the fact they save £100s a year in taxes, £1000s a year in mortgage payments, have views of fields and clean air instead of crowded streets and the smell of exhaust fumes, get freshly picked fruit and veg from the local farm rather than prepackaged crap from a supermarket etc etc ...  :rolleyes:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2011, 02:51:15 PM »
Ahhh...the sage like words from someone that is utterly clueless.  Any more words of wisdom you wish to bestow on us?

ack-ack

This is one of the few times I might think you're wrong, ack. There's an opportunity cost to every decision - even if you're not aware of it when you make the decision. That's a fact of the dismal science, even if the poster didn't voice it as such.

I'm curious as to why you find the statement obtuse. Is it just a case of Cpt. Obvious?

Also, let me know how you dodge the Skuzz Whammy with that kind of sarcasm. I mean, sometimes, I'm amazed at what I'm allowed. Other times I feel like he's whacked my peepee with a steel ruler causelessly. I think politely couched extreme sarcasm is fair game - and this seems to verify it. "Disrepectful" is a bit fuzzy...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:57 PM »
Ive seen more people who lag comments than i have seen flying in the game, it doesn't wreck my online immersion theres no immersion in the MA's the closest thing to that is in FSO's and Scenarios and if i do see it.. oh well its the internet and this is a Game it happens at times and for some it happens more because of their connection issues, again it's a Game folks  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
Ahhh...the sage like words from someone that is utterly clueless.  Any more words of wisdom you wish to bestow on us?

ack-ack

I don't think you get it.

Maybe your contributions would be better used campaigning for a plane that has never been proven to have flown a combat mission and offers very little performance or role difference from 5 or 6 other planes currently in game.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:20:57 PM by icepac »

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »
the occasional lag from someone that lives in the sticks is one thing,but when someone looks smooth then dissapears completely and reappears a few seconds later shooting at you that SUCKS
happened a few days ago to me,now you guys can callme clueless because I am and i accept that.But when you are on someones 6 and they literally dissappear and I dont mean they pulled a great move i mean they went POOF and dissaapeared,and reappeared shooting me down.That in itself really made me want to cancell my account,but I cannot as this game is like CRACK for me. I did leave for the night though. :bhead
what can anyone do?? nothing really except film everything and study it,I have the film for that.don't know how to post it as I really am clueless when it comes to computer matters. I guess what I am trying to say is that internet lag is acceptable "cheating lag" is NOT,how do we tell the diff??? anybody??

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »
I like it when a warper dives into the water and reemerges a few seconds later. That's some cool stuff right there. I also like when I'm on a warper's six and his rounds are hitting me from behind. That's a neat trick. Or how 'bout the cable yanker who somehow manages to warp only when I'm 200 yards behind him? Awesome stuff! There was this one guy who was 400 in front of me. I squeezed the trigger just as he made the jump to light speed. Frustrated, I ended my sortie, checked out of the blue arena and into the orange. The next thing I know the son-of-a-b*tch was on my six. He actually warped from one arena to another. My hats off to him!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:23:16 PM by vafiii »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2011, 05:22:06 PM »
Those issues in the two posts above concern warp on demand.

There are other threads for that subject.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »
I like it when a warper dives into the water and reemerges a few seconds later. That's some cool stuff right there. I also like when I'm on a warper's six and his rounds are hitting me from behind. That's a neat trick. Or how 'bout the cable yanker who somehow manages to warp only when I'm 200 yards behind him? Awesome stuff! There was this one guy who was 400 in front of me. I squeezed the trigger just as he made the jump to light speed. Frustrated, I ended my sortie, checked out of the blue arena and into the orange. The next thing I know the son-of-a-b*tch was on my six. He actually warped from one arena to another. My hats off to him!

:rofl

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »

No, I quite get it.  You expect someone that has lived in a house for decades before these wonderous tubes we call the Internets was invented to move so they can get better phone service so you don't have to whine so much when they lag.

Maybe your contributions would be better used campaigning for a plane that has never been proven to have flown a combat mission and offers very little performance or role difference from 5 or 6 other planes currently in game.

LOL!  See, you really have no clue.  Enjoy.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2011, 07:22:55 PM »
No, I quite get it.  You expect someone that has lived in a house for decades before these wonderous tubes we call the Internets was invented to move so they can get better phone service so you don't have to whine so much when they lag.

ack-ack

when I first came here to the boards I thought you a...well a bad word.. :D....but seriously you have been correct in almost everything ive ever read from ya, and once again you prove you know what the hell your talking about  :salute

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »
No, I quite get it.  You expect someone that has lived in a house for decades before these wonderous tubes we call the Internets was invented to move so they can get better phone service so you don't have to whine so much when they lag.

LOL!  See, you really have no clue.  Enjoy.

ack-ack
Thank you Akak, although your not known for warping your efforts are helping others comprise a list of whom to avoid in the ma due to warping. :aok

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:21:18 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »

ack-ack

No....you really don't get it.

It's unfortunate that someone has a bad connection based where he lives but I don't think everybody else should have the lowest common denominator forced upon on them.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »

It is possible that not being able to play an online game that requires good latency could be one of those sacrifices.

You're kidding, right?

Please tell me you're kidding.

No....you really don't get it.

Oh my god, you're not kidding.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:23:27 AM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »
You obviously haven't read the entire thread where I disagreed with the original poster.

Get off the bandwagon and score the brownnose points with your chosen champion elsewhere.