Author Topic: Boot people who have latency greater than 1.5 sec from the arena  (Read 2548 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Boot people who have latency greater than 1.5 sec from the arena
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2011, 01:08:04 AM »
You obviously haven't read the entire thread where I disagreed with the original poster.

Get off the bandwagon and score the brownnose points with your chosen champion elsewhere.

+1 on the comeback :rofl

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2011, 07:02:25 AM »
truthfully... if theyre warping, i just bide my time and wait to get the right shot off. usually the warpers cant get behind you easily. so just keep on their six and wait for the shot.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
Ardy who dont like to party for president!! ardy run for president of america n give all parts of america the internet connection we rightfully deserve. hell america gets most of its oil from alaska why not give the people of alaska sane internet connection then. so.......ardy ur saying i shud not be flying in aces high?!?! and rest of my friends from rural alaska shudnt be playing? tell me the truth.

greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »
Actually based on what I now know about what might be going on, I'm reconsidering. The laggy ones aren't necessarily suspect. I was hoping such a net would catch those who hide behinfd a latency cloak but are really up to no good. I now reckon it would not. It still might help the flow but would sort of screw an honest but internet connection-challenged contingent; something I'm not sure is really warranted given the minimal payback.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »
Ardy who dont like to party for president!! ardy run for president of america n give all parts of america the internet connection we rightfully deserve. hell america gets most of its oil from alaska why not give the people of alaska sane internet connection then. so.......ardy ur saying i shud not be flying in aces high?!?! and rest of my friends from rural alaska shudnt be playing? tell me the truth.

greens

Greens,
I have never seen you consistently warp all over the place. This is why I stated a very high latency value and not a connection type. I'll say it again.. The avg latency for satellite users is ~900ms. I suggested people who were over 1.5 seconds (1500ms) (almost twice the avg latency). So greens I think you would be fine.

Also, the test for the boot doesn't have to behave like a trigger, where once in a blue moon you get 1.5 sec latency, it can test that your avg latency is 1.5 sec.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2011, 07:26:04 PM »
If i lag or warp and someone like say a nme says it or a friendly....I bail or alt f4 myself out. its frustrating when i cant play w a good connection.
IF I WARP OR LAG NME or FRIENDLY....please tell me.

greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
 miss you bro!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
If i lag or warp and someone like say a nme says it or a friendly....I bail or alt f4 myself out. its frustrating when i cant play w a good connection.
IF I WARP OR LAG NME or FRIENDLY....please tell me.

greens

Greens, your a stand up guy. Sadly there are people who instead blame others for their connection issues. People who are known for warping horrendously. I find it surprising that Greens who lives in elm Alaska has a less warpy, better internet satellite connection than many people who live in the lower 48 states and insist that their warpiness is not them but others.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2011, 01:40:49 AM »
Greens, your a stand up guy. Sadly there are people who instead blame others for their connection issues. People who are known for warping horrendously. I find it surprising that Greens who lives in elm Alaska has a less warpy, better internet satellite connection than many people who live in the lower 48 states and insist that their warpiness is not them but others.

Is there a way for HTC to find who does this stuff on purpose?, I use wireless and I for sure cannot play the game if my wife wants to facebook around while i wanna play. I am pretty sure there is a way to findout these things. AKAK?

greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
 miss you bro!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »
Is there a way for HTC to find who does this stuff on purpose?, I use wireless and I for sure cannot play the game if my wife wants to facebook around while i wanna play. I am pretty sure there is a way to findout these things. AKAK?

greens

Films... I know a player who recently sent a film to the staff showing a player "disappearing" for 14 seconds - cause unknown - then reappearing on his six. This happened to me twice as well, though I didn't film it. The player submitted his film to HTC but did not hear back. This last is probative of nothing, for HTC claims ( and I have no reason to doubt this) that they will deal with cheaters and take the issue seriously. I can only assume they contacted the "accused" and warned or disciplined him/her/it.

There is a method of which I became aware, quite unintentionally and via the post of another player.... Some research readily confirmed that the player knew whereof he spoke. I am loathe to repeat anything material to that method and certainly would never use it myself. However, I'd say be vigilant and film sorties (hell, film sororities if you can get in there, especailly if they're not wearing much and are all drunk and itchy). I' don't like cheaters and would like to see them kicked out of the game. 

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »
Ardy,

Would this posting be a round about way to suggest a solution to the "Urban Legend" of network cable connection intterupting boxes? Tapping that momentary button on the box a few times would by definition cause you to have a huge latency spike. If anything like that were really possible......

:headscratch: :joystick: :airplane:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »
Ardy,

Would this posting be a round about way to suggest a solution to the "Urban Legend" of network cable connection intterupting boxes? Tapping that momentary button on the box a few times would by definition cause you to have a huge latency spike. If anything like that were really possible......

:headscratch: :joystick: :airplane:

To some extent yes,  a key press or a page swap would up your latency by several 100ms but a cable pull would cause a latency spike well into the seconds (2000ms+).
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:56 PM »
I'm sorry but it is impossible to play against people who have huge latency. Certain members know this, yet they continue to play. Its beyond frustrating to try and track a plane that is jumping across the sky like a UFO, and dogfighting is next to impossible.

I say this because certain members know this and they continue to play knowing this.. (and refuse to use dial up which many ISPs providers offer for free with the normal service).

If the only red guy you can find is a warping UFO, then you are playing the game wrong.

Fight Like a Girl

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Boot JoeBlack
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »
Imo this thread should just be renamed Boot JoeBlack so there is no mistake on who Ardy is talking about.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Boot JoeBlack
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2011, 12:11:16 AM »
Imo this thread should just be renamed Boot JoeBlack so there is no mistake on who Ardy is talking about.
Hey Scuzzy
eek, I pressed the wrong button, I didn't intend to press the 'report to mod' on Grizz's post, but rather the quote button...

Either way, there are a few others than just joeblack. Last night as a matter of fact there was a certain individual who would fall under this category. Rudboi called out who it was, I don't remember who, it wasn't JoeBlack though.

==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2011, 01:16:39 AM »
Several days ago, said person mentioned in Ardys post called me a noob after missing him. I told him he was lagging, he said it was my connection.  :rolleyes:
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."