Author Topic: Ryan Dunn  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ryan Dunn
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
Well thats great no one said anything about how great the guy was. There is no point in saying it was not smart to drink and drive and speed its obvious. The dude paid the ultimate price for a bad choice. Its a matter of respect.

Evidently no one saw any greatness in him.  Evidently there is a point to saying don't drink and drive.... this guy for instance. This guy drove drunk so he had no respect for anyone on the road. Those who give respect get respect.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:18:58 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »
Driving under the influence is dumb, but doing it doesn't discredit one's entire life.  There are a lot of good people who make that mistake.  

Not only does it bring discredit to his life, but it ended his life and another persons life as well. Sorry but just because he died does not make him or his act less stupid. That was all on him. No one held a gun to his head to make him drink, no one made him drive and no one made him drive almost 3 times the 55 MPH speed limit on a public road while drunk either. That was far more than one "mistake".
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »
Not only does it bring discredit to his life, but it ended his life and another persons life as well. Sorry but just because he died does not make him or his act less stupid. That was all on him. No one held a gun to his head to make him drink, no one made him drive and no one made him drive almost 3 times the 55 MPH speed limit on a public road while drunk either. That was far more than one "mistake".

It was dumb, no one argues that.  I never said his act was less stupid because he died doing it.  Does it bring discredit to his life, sure, but I said his "entire" life.  Anything good he's ever done now means nothing because of this one thing? 

This was one dumb mistake, it just had unimaginable consequences.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
Cool! My judge better be Jenna Jamison or her look-a-like

Why? You'd be judged, "comes up short."   :noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »
BAC of .196, ive heard anywhere from 1-2 beers puts an average 180 pound man at the .08 limit. the .196 BAC means he only had, at most, weight and hieght aside, just over 4 beers. anyone who has seen the "Jackas$" show or Viva La Bam knows he was always drinking. im not bad mouthing him, rough childhood due to alcoholism, but do we need to say the man was p[iss drunk after ~4 beers? we all know many (if not all but one or two) that have posted in this thread have been severely more intoxicated then Ryan was at the time of his misfortune. have we driven while this drunk? probably not. have we gone 140 on a public road? highly doubtful, but ive driven at 110..scary stuff. uncle has had me to 125, even scarier. couldnt imagine 140... let alone after 4 beers.

am I sticking up for Ryan? no. just making the obvious known  :aok
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
His actions were stupid and he proved why they were.... the hard way.

driving after a few beers is one thing, driving after a few beers at 140 is another.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2011, 09:17:58 PM »
His actions were stupid and he proved why they were.... the hard way.

driving after a few beers is one thing, driving after a few beers at 140 is another.

driving at 140 is another thing in itself... no perosnal expierence, but 125 is fast enough.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »
those of us that understand the right and wrong of Ryan Dunn's actions... I am surprised that they are on here trying to argue the point to the inconceivable... let it go.. your getting your selves worked up over people that don't even come close to your intellectual, educational, and/or social level...   let it go  let it go...    :bhead 
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »
Masonz,

You might want to do some research before you start quoting stats regarding a subject like BAC, or blood alcohol content. Here is a sight you can look at to see how many drinks a 140 lb person, well under dunns weight, took to get to over a .016 BAC. You will note this is not wiki.

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/publications/docs/brochures/safety/mdt_bac_and_you.pdf 

Also consider that the body burns off the equivalent of one drink per hour due to metabolic processes such as breathing, liver function and sweating. That means adding more alcohol to maintain or raise the level. Your estimate of 4 drinks is woefully short.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2011, 07:21:33 AM »
Even sober, that stretch of Rt.322 does not have enough straight road to be driving at 140mph.  There are a few, but not many, roads around here where it is straight enough to go that fast, safely (relatively speaking, of course).
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2011, 07:26:15 AM »
This was one dumb mistake, it just had predictable consequences.

fixed.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2011, 08:51:52 AM »
Look, I don't think the guy was a 'Role Model' but he was a person and people screw up.  I've screwed up and so has everyone else on this forum.  We can all learn from his mistake and not drive 130mph after a few drinks.

I wish the finger pointing society would just make like a tree and diddly off.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2011, 08:53:23 AM »
I wish the finger pointing society would just make like a tree and uplift off.

Ditto. This argument is pointless. I suppose only the dull will carry on (now understands the meaning of pointless)
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2011, 10:08:25 AM »
Even sober, that stretch of Rt.322 does not have enough straight road to be driving at 140mph.  There are a few, but not many, roads around here where it is straight enough to go that fast, safely (relatively speaking, of course).

The 30 bypass between Downingtown and Coatesville but it's full of state troopers with itchy radar gun trigger fingers.  202 where it splits off from 30 and heads down to meet 100 to form the West Chester bypass in addition to the Thunder and Lightning tracks down at Millville are just about it.  Even then I wouldn't especially at night.  I've almost hit enough deer to know that there isn't much I can do about it at a buck twenty.  Ugh.

I was driving north on 202 passing rt 3 East of West Chester when the police/ambulances were responding to this accident.  I may have been going a little fast in the wee hours of the morning but I had a fart can rabbit pass me doing 65 in the 45 zone so I just kept sight and kept going.  Next thing I knew just passing 3 I've got blue lights all up my rear and was supremely annoyed that I'd be getting pulled over.  They all dumped off at 322 and now I know why.

Sucks for the passenger and the families.  I don't have any sympathy for drunk drivers having lost several friends to them in my life.  I can only hope they just kill themselves when it comes time to take lives needlessly.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »
His skid marks only show 3 tires.

Since rich and famous young people are known for putting large diameter and poorly engineered wheels on thier cars, I wonder if he didn't have a wheel depart his car before the accident.