Author Topic: P51 colides with Skyraider  (Read 5340 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: P51 colides with Skyraider
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »
good pic, pretty bad dent there.

I've always thought its a bit nuts having such dissimilar aircraft flying formation aerobatics, its like winging different rides in AH - 10x harder than winging with the same planes.

edit:
If you weren't flying the plane, haven't inspected the wreckage, and haven't interviewed the pilot, you have no idea if the plane was controllable or not. etc...

since no one died I think its ok to speculate on what happened just for fun :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:28:35 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 05:38:56 PM »
good pic, pretty bad dent there.

I've always thought its a bit nuts having such dissimilar aircraft flying formation aerobatics, its like winging different rides in AH - 10x harder than winging with the same planes.

edit:
since no one died I think its ok to speculate on what happened just for fun :)

First, they were not flying dissimilar formation aerobatics.  They were doing a simple fighter pitch up to landing.

Second, with training, experience, and the will to do it, dissimilar formation flying is very staight forward out in the real world, and in AH.  If you are finding it 10X harder in AH, then you probabably don't have the basics down.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:51:55 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
you're probably right, I can barely keep my plane in the air :uhoh
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 05:55:06 PM »
Here, have a real picture.

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like it was very possible the elevator control cables were severed.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »
you're probably right, I can barely keep my plane in the air :uhoh

:rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
tell me this all u fools who think that the pilot could have controlled the plane.

if u felt a inpact in a AC with such force to rip half a wing off. what would u do?

my grandfather was a tail gunner of a B17 in WW2 a P51 hit the B17. he bailed out from a "air worthy AC" guess what happened to the B17 when it landed. BOOM! he was the only on to live...

if your hit in a aircraft at low alt u bail simple...
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
if your hit in a aircraft at low alt u bail simple...

What about all of the pilots who dont wear parachutes? http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/AccidentReports/cf3jq5bicri25qbeuhrvut551/N07122011120000.pdf
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 09:44:55 PM »
I am going to say that the amount of speculation here as to the reason the 51 went into the ground is purely baseless and totally classless.  Grow up guys, none of you have a right to make an educated comment as to why the 51 went in.  At the least, Eagl has a right based on his vast military experience, but he was smart and reserved his comments on that portion. 

The rest of you need to realize that cartoon airplane flying does not count as experience.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »
I am going to say that the amount of speculation here as to the reason the 51 went into the ground is purely baseless and totally classless.  Grow up guys, none of you have a right to make an educated comment as to why the 51 went in.  At the least, Eagl has a right based on his vast military experience, but he was smart and reserved his comments on that portion. 

The rest of you need to realize that cartoon airplane flying does not count as experience.

Be cautious with generalizations......

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 02:28:34 AM »

I'm sorry but we're free to speculate as much as we want. What is the pilot/plane combination now, his holy highness that is above criticism and speculation? Who are you to say we can't speculate how and why and if?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 03:09:07 AM »
I'm sorry but we're free to speculate as much as we want. What is the pilot/plane combination now, his holy highness that is above criticism and speculation? Who are you to say we can't speculate how and why and if?
And what qualifications in life do you have to pass judgement down on a situation that you nether witnessed first-hand, or know the full situation of?
No one here has the right to judge that pilot unless they've been in the situation themselves.
Your all like those youtube people who go on videos and pass judgement down on others while sitting in there armchairs pigging down the durritos.

If youve never been in the situation yourself, you dont have the right to accurately criticize the pilot for his actions concerning an out-of-control aircraft that was just a part of a mid-air collision.

your merely an armchair general making hollow accusations.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 03:18:29 AM »

You really are the least qualified of every member on this board as far as I'm aware.
You really aren't in any position to speak here.

You may think I'm 'being mean', but trust me, get lost before you get yourself hurt.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »
The pilot flying the P51 was interviewed on UK television he said his aircraft was crippled in pitch .
Hope that clears this up.
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 04:16:11 AM »
You really are the least qualified of every member on this board as far as I'm aware.
You really aren't in any position to speak here.

You may think I'm 'being mean', but trust me, get lost before you get yourself hurt.
notice how im NOT judging the pilot?

what experience do you have Eskimo?

you read a couple books on ACM's and then suddenly think your a veteran of aerodynamics and the performances of planes under various conditions, and as such have the right to tell OTHERS they are not in a position to speak about
a matter you YOURSELF have no position to speak about as well?

no eskimo, maybe YOU should get lost. because im not penguin who will let you push him around with petty words over the forums.  so stop trying to ride my backside  from post to post like you do his.

like i said in another post. back off.  :aok

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 04:20:51 AM »
notice how im NOT judging the pilot?

what experience do you have Eskimo?

you read a couple books on ACM's and then suddenly think your a veteran of aerodynamics and the performances of planes under various conditions, and as such have the right to tell OTHERS they are not in a position to speak about
a matter you YOURSELF have no position to speak about as well?

no eskimo, maybe YOU should get lost. because im not penguin who will let you push him around with petty words over the forums.  so stop trying to ride my backside  from post to post like you do his.

like i said in another post. back off.  :aok

I notice that you're judging someone who is judging someone for judging someone.

What is my experience? My mom married two men, both of whom are veterans, one of which is still serving.
One is vet navy, served on many ships operating on electrical systems.

The other is a UH-60 crewchief and MECHANIC. He has taught me more than wikipedia has taught YOU.

I rather enjoy riding your backside -- it snaps so easily over the slightest of words.

And for the love of god, go get banned again. PLEASE.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok