Author Topic: First Time for this kind of insult.  (Read 4280 times)

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
Re: First Time for this kind of insult.
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »
came across a GV battle today in my mustang with 2 bombs,dropped 2 panzers to the DELIGHT of the friendly GV's
the GOOD JOBS and WAY TO GO's were cool to hear. after all this is a war game chill guys. Later TURK killed my A5 with his main gun in his m4 I laughed and saluted him...hell of a shot :aok

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »
Its not a war. Its not even a simulator, as many like to claim.

this game has so many things missing from it that you cant really call it a legitimate true simulation.But nor is it a true console game But more closely resembles a hybred of simulation and arcade for game playability.

If it were a true simulation just taking off and flying from point A to point B alone would be so ovrly complex that many people would simply loose interest

How is calling in airsuport any different than hiding in ack or running to friendlys? Both are actions that piss a lot of people off. Its just letting something (or someone) do your job because you're incapable of doing it yourself.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:05 PM »
Air support is player vs player, ack is player vs AI.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »
OK, so how about running to swarms of wirblewinds? It still pisses people off, and its still avoiding doing your job. Mobile AA guns were meant to defend vehicles against air attacks, not cover the fighters that are supposed to be flying CAP to keep those same attackers away.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »
A price on bombs for bombers, hell no.

That would get wicked expensive, especially with the 80x100lbs loadout, or 40x500lbs with the B-29.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 08:35:27 PM »
and its still avoiding doing your job.

Wait, this is a job?  All this time I thought that it was a game where you shoot at and bomb players on the opposing teams...  Oh wait.  I AM right, it IS a game.  That was a close one...

Continue egging GVs at will gents.   :aok
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »
Wait, this is a job?  All this time I thought that it was a game where you shoot at and bomb players on the opposing teams...  Oh wait.  I AM right, it IS a game.  That was a close one...

Continue egging GVs at will gents.   :aok

:aok ( this post is just for the numbers) LOL
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »
He was upset becasuse he failed to follow the rule requiring air cover for any ground defensive or offensive.

LOL   :aok
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
Alright, what would you call it then Jager? Whats the tank's purpose for existing in the game if not to take out other tanks? If we're going to just use aircraft for everything, why did Dale bother to make the tanks in the first place?

Ordnance kills a very fun and lively part of the game, and most don't care because it doesn't affect them bombing a fun and lively part of the game. I GUARANTEE the furballers would squal like a branded calf if GV'ers got spawnable AAA guns, hauled them out, and started breaking up furballs.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »
Alright, what would you call it then Jager? Whats the tank's purpose for existing in the game if not to take out other tanks? If we're going to just use aircraft for everything, why did Dale bother to make the tanks in the first place?

Tanks are much, much better at killing other tanks than airplanes are.  Lancasters got a whopping 0.6% of tank kills in 2010, for example.  It is also caters to different tastes from fighters and bombers.

Ordnance kills a very fun and lively part of the game, and most don't care because it doesn't affect them bombing a fun and lively part of the game. I GUARANTEE the furballers would squal like a branded calf if GV'ers got spawnable AAA guns, hauled them out, and started breaking up furballs.
Get air cover is all I can say.  A-20s, B-25s, Il-2s and Lancasters are all meat on the table to any fighter.  Many furballers would just love to snack on them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »
Or just fly 29s at 35-40k, with a gunner and the extra ammo, take off from and land at the base farthest from the enemy your country has got, and bomb the closest enemy base.

Tada!!!

:D

I am doing my best to make sure no high buff is safe, regardless of altitude.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
I'm not saying just lancasters. And it doesn't matter what percentage of GV kills any particular aircraft or all aircraft totaled got. It still kills fights. Tanks don't mind being killed by another tank, its part of the fight, but tankers resent ordnance. Period, exclamation point even. There is only TWO circumstances under which most players I've asked are fine with bombs falling: spawn camps and airfields being attacked.

I often do ask for air cover. And the response I usually get is this: "......*chirp, chirp, chirp*". Or if I do get some fighter overhead, their first question is "alright, where do you need the ord".

And I don't wanna do it myself, cause I can't fight a tank at the same time. It seems to me a lot of people are saying "well, you're screwed either way, so just up a fighter  :aok".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:30:55 PM by Tank-Ace »

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
you mean... we can't bomb gvs now? if they having gv battles? so no air support? WAT friggin rubbish....sometimes i reckon i the developers listen to much to the whiners...then you get people like them complaining abt the fairness of it all...DUDE.. F**K THEM..... bomb them to hell! ROOK,KNIT OR BISH... anyway you can squelch them... dun need to listen to them whine...keep up the bombers! ...anyway thats  just my take on that...

People like you are one of the people that ruin the ground game. If there's a bunch of guys out on a spawn battling it out there's absolutely no reason what so ever to bomb them. But then there's people like you who feel like they have to go egg every tank in sight. It's something I absolutely do not understand. If the guys are out there not doing anything to affect you why go bomb them?? It just proves the stupidity of some people who feel the need to ruin a great battle for sometimes 35-40 people.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
A big reason I advocate the FlaK 36 and 90mm M2 is to hear the bomb****s screams of "WAHAHAH!!!!!!! it's too hard!!! It's not fair for you to be able to return fire  :cry!!!".

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 10:52:55 PM »
People like you are one of the people that ruin the ground game. If there's a bunch of guys out on a spawn battling it out there's absolutely no reason what so ever to bomb them. But then there's people like you who feel like they have to go egg every tank in sight. It's something I absolutely do not understand. If the guys are out there not doing anything to affect you why go bomb them?? It just proves the stupidity of some people who feel the need to ruin a great battle for sometimes 35-40 people.
popycock, how can a Jabo or even a bomber ruin 35-40 peoples fun. Its people whining about being engaged in combat that are ruining the game.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.