Author Topic: Alchemists gone rook  (Read 7571 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: Alchemists gone rook
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »
Well honestly, if you can't keep up with your own squad, or ever fly with them regularly.  What's the point of being in it in the first place?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
lol   good luck with that guy. my own personal encounter with vDALLAS and his inability to validate his ego through this game makes me think the letter posted above is actually from him...
he's nuts.

Nah he's just an over inflated ego, 8 years ago I met him GV'ing while the squad back then had another name, denied his entire group of tankers, I wasn't in a squad and nobody showed interest so he asked me to join I accepted, even before this he was mocking me left and right however he was just unable to kill me then as he can't now. Same Ego, same person as he was then - as history recalls it took less than a month before I was looking for a new and joined the Pigs on the wings then Wings of terror, even then I'd still get random messages about being a "traitor" for leaving when actually I simply got tired of porking ords all day and wanted to learn how to actually "Land" an aircraft after a mission.

Both alchemist and vTards will stick around, however the limited skill set in either squad means some will want to evolve to squads able to train or improve gameplay.

Looking back all these years I can only say "What was I thinking when I joined them?" honestly I had no experience in game or knowledge of them yet so it seemed like the right thing to do, now I can only laugh at how far I evolved and they haven't changed.
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »
Well honestly, if you can't keep up with your own squad, or ever fly with them regularly.  What's the point of being in it in the first place?

well if your own members quit because they decide to fight instead of dive crash, what does that tell you?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 01:08:50 PM »
Simply pathetic...Frankly all I can say to the above is 'good riddance'.  I personally think the vTards and Alchemists have been eroding the Bish talent base for at least a year now.  The Bish ranks had become filled with, lets say, players of lower skill level to be polite about it. They very seldom stopped to defend a base (assuming they could).  Granted, all sides horde sometimes but this was a real work.  It got to where I wouldn't participate in any missions outside of my squad.

We welcome any Rooks wishing to switch Bish due to the recent developments.

<S>

Dan

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:14:33 PM by killrDan »
THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
One of the X vTards who went Knit said a few guys left during this transition due to lack of respect by dallas and others for
wanting to fly what they wanted to fly where, when and how they wanted to fly it.

In other words. Spend your 15.00 playing my way or get out of squad......just like it says in the letter

Most were tired of paying $15 to come on for an hour just to pork ords or NOE when they wanted to GV or dogfight, interesting to know
there are 2 former tards are in my squad both from the recent divorce of Tard/Alchemist wedding.
JG 52

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »
I don' see how a two country game would be any different.  The "problem" as some people see it isn't that there are three countries but how players/people interact with them.  The only way a two country system would work would be if HTC abolished all squads and forced players upon logging into the arena to go the low numbered side to keep numbers in balance.  Simply reducing the choice to two sides wouldn't stop or eliminate the factors that lead people to dogpile on the so called weaker country. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
A couple of notes on the posts so far.

1. We went Rook to make a point. We can, and have made an impact beyond our numbers, but as DMGOD points out, we by ourselves are not game changers.

2. Our (or at least my) Rook stay is a temporary one.

3. Alchemists are not an elite unit. Far from it. We welcome anyone who is willing to learn, and willing to work as a team. We try to make the most of what we have by working together. Cudo's to the uber squads, but we like who we are.

4. Take undefended bases?? We will hit you where your are not, as hard as we can, and as fast as we can. We have and will take defended bases, but not with the same tactics as an undefended base.

5. Which brings us to base take strategy.
As has been duly noted and observed, we most often fly missions NOE, and either smash and grab the town before defenders can react, or shut down the base, supress defenders, white flag the town and capture it. It isn't the only tactic we use. It depends entirely on the situation.

I'm guessing the mode I see others use, which must be the ones who decry our methods, is to send a group of fighters over at 30k, push the fight down, send in the bombers, (also at 30k) to take down the base and town, then bring in the goons after the defenders have been taken out. Sad if you think "your" method is superior and anyone who dosen't use it is a dweeb.

6. I've been playing long enough to remember when you could take a base single handedly, so lets not compare apples to oranges.

7. U make an excellent pont Soulyss. I agree
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:22:34 PM by hotard »
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
A couple of notes on the posts so far.

1. We went Rook to make a point. We can, and have made an impact beyond our numbers, but as DMGOD points out, we by ourselves are not game changers.

2. Our (or at least my) Rook stay is a temporary one.

3. Alchemists are not an elite unit. Far from it. We welcome anyone who is willing to learn, and willing to work as a team. We try to make the most of what we have by working together. Cudo's to the uber squads, but we like who we are.

4. Take undefended bases?? We will hit you where your are not, as hard as we can, and as fast as we can. We have and will take defended bases, but not with the same tactics as an undefended base.

5. Which brings us to base take strategy.
As has been duly noted and observed, we most often fly missions NOE, and either smash and grab the town before defenders can react, or shut down the base, supress defenders, white flag the town and capture it. It isn't the only tactic we use. It depends entirely on the situation.

I'm guessing the mode I see others use, which must be the ones who decry our methods, is to send a group of fighters over at 30k, push the fight down, send in the bombers, (also at 30k) to take down the base and town, then bring in the goons after the defenders have been taken out. Sad if you think "your" method is superior and anyone who dosen't use it is a dweeb.

6. I've been playing long enough to remember when you could take a base single handedly, so lets not compare apples to oranges.

lol myself twizzty and 1ybuz just took a base with 1 m4 1 whirble and a a8
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
lol myself twizzty and 1ybuz just took a base with 1 m4 1 whirble and a a8

Well that's 3 of you, assuming 1 of you ditched and brought back troops. Ports and GV bases can still, in theory be taken single handedly by de-acking and then get the troops, but it's much harded than it used to be when the vbase had what, 3 or 4 37mm guns?

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »
Well good riddance to the both of you. I've lost all respect for dallas after reading that letter.

p.s.: its spelled "balance" not "ballance"

What was the determining factor for chewie leaving?
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
Well good riddance to the both of you. I've lost all respect for dallas after reading that letter.

p.s.: its spelled "balance" not "ballance"

What was the determining factor for chewie leaving?

Thanks for the spelling lesson.. Have come to rely too much on spell check. Chewie has forsaken AH for WOT. Lately he's been working a couple of jobs, and his playing time has really fallen off.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
Most were tired of paying $15 to come on for an hour just to pork ords or NOE when they wanted to GV or dogfight, interesting to know
there are 2 former tards are in my squad both from the recent divorce of Tard/Alchemist wedding.

I'm taking my time and have flown with a handful of squads from Bish, Rook and Knit since my return.  Some are very entertaining on squad CH (Flotsup, CptDel, Unclkurt, Angeleyes Wastin...ect) and others are quite and a bit unorganized (Forget they are towing a goon or what mission was about LOL) They've all been a lot of fun and each has their own personality as a whole. I appreciate everyone of them for allowing me to fly and help where I can  :salute

Whats interesting about acquiring (X) vTARDS is you might be getting a team player. Someone interested in doing much more than NOE and wanting to expand their skill set. In a way they are pre trained noobs willing to learn and enjoy all facets of the game. Hopefully I'll get a chance to fly with you and your team as well.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 02:57:13 PM »
As most of you who frequent the BBS know, the Alchemists have switched to the rooks.

So Rooklandia is now home to two of the most lame squadrons in the game?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »
it's legit, there inside spy emailed it out  lol

Many Bothans laughed their tulips off to bring us this information.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
[/b] Consider the following squads that are either disbanded or really no longer a factor due to a lack of leadership, numbers or talent:

91st Bomber Group
The Dickweeds
L.T.A.R.
Rolling Thunder
Dirty Devils

i think you need to remove at lest one squad from that list

and someone said it was 39 months ago he has a point, i could post some of LTARs stats from our glory days and put a ton of the modern squads to shame. however now a days its a lot harder to take a base with a hand full of people.

L.T.A.R. is not dead disbanded nor lacking Leadership, L.T.A.R. is reforming and rebuilding and retraining right now. we are unsure of what country we are going to settle with but when we do L.T.A.R. will be back in full force soon
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey