Author Topic: Alchemists gone rook  (Read 7569 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Re: Alchemists gone rook
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »
i think you need to remove at lest one squad from that list

and someone said it was 39 months ago he has a point, i could post some of LTARs stats from our glory days and put a ton of the modern squads to shame. however now a days its a lot harder to take a base with a hand full of people.

L.T.A.R. is not dead disbanded nor lacking Leadership, L.T.A.R. is reforming and rebuilding and retraining right now. we are unsure of what country we are going to settle with but when we do L.T.A.R. will be back in full force soon

I hope that day comes soon. While I know Bish might not be your final choice, if it is, the SE's look forward to working together like in the olden days.  :salute

I like 39mo ago myself. Our stats would change immensley.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Pardon the ignorance, but what does L.T.A.R stand for?
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2011, 04:04:10 PM »
Pardon the ignorance, but what does L.T.A.R stand for?

Lead To Air Ratio  :aok
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2011, 04:06:46 PM »
The who went Rook? :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »
I'm still surprised that 2 squads going rook recently is generating this much muck.

If your squad has recently picked up x-vtards, I hope our former guys work out for you better than they did for us. 

Usually when guys leave it's because they insist on either not flying with the group or not working with the group.  Everyone in the squad knows that if you are a vguy, and you want to go off and do your own thing you need to leave the channel or at least mark yourself afk.  The foundation of our squad is teamwork and organization & we always have room for those who like both.

Porking ords and other strats is thankless work but it can do a lot to dictate what the enemy can do since most people would rather wait 45 minutes or flop battles than run resupply to fields.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »
You got to be kidding me, just because we don't take bases or horde we are not a factor, what scale do you have or what right do you have to belittle my Squad, Rolling Thunder focuses more air to air combat rather land grabbing. What's you excuse for being a non factor in the game. We don't really care anymore who takes what base, we generally look for a good defense fight or offensive one, sometimes we will take a base so we can have a good fight sometimes we won't. If you think we are push overs join the SDL we love to have some matches with you and your guys.

DCCBOSS
Rolling Thunder
 :salute

Incoming transmission:  Here is copy and pasted parts of that letter I was asking for. (Alchs Follow Tards) Thanks but you should have removed phone #

Players and squads come and go in this game and a once powerful Bishop nation has really eroded over the passed year. Consider the following squads that are either disbanded or really no longer a factor due to a lack of leadership, numbers or talent:

91st Bomber Group
The Dickweeds
L.T.A.R.
Rolling Thunder
Dirty Devils

The Devil's Brigade and the Alchemists, whom most of you know members of, are essentially the only two squads which mean anything from an offensive standpoint for the Bishops. Even the Alchemists are without their founder, Falcon23 (the only other CO I would ever fly under) and we can even look at ourselves in the mirror and see the same issue concerning vDOGFITE himself.

In the wake of this development within the Devil's Brigade, I am assuming the role of Commanding Officer and also Supreme Commander of the Universe!

Don't expect major changes to this squad as I like who we are while still knowing that we can improve in several areas. Having said that, there will be some changes associated with how we operate, especially in fighter roles. A number of you have embraced the boom and zoom sermons I've given in the passed and the results speak for themselves. You know who you are and if you don't fit this category then be prepared to advance in this method of combat. If this is unacceptable then you need to find somewhere else to fly.

I'm not flexing an inch towards any other style of combat or aircraft. I want us to get lighter, faster and landing more kills as a group and part of that goal will be achieved, I believe, by moving to a stronger country that doesn't leave us constantly having to be the spearhead of every attack.

Finally, I do anticipate that the Alchemists will also make the move with us, so we'll have lots of friends on our side as we move into more unfamiliar territory for the first week or two. Soon the change will be forgotten and we'll enjoy the competition even more. I do not always have to win but I must be in contention, period. Getting blown out the way the Bishops have recently is not tolerable and I can't put it more simply than that.

<S>

vDALLAS
Executive Officer
Devils =v= Brigade
1-760-xxx-xxxx
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
I'm still surprised that 2 squads going rook recently is generating this much muck.

If your squad has recently picked up x-vtards, I hope our former guys work out for you better than they did for us. 

Usually when guys leave it's because they insist on either not flying with the group or not working with the group.  Everyone in the squad knows that if you are a vguy, and you want to go off and do your own thing you need to leave the channel or at least mark yourself afk.  The foundation of our squad is teamwork and organization & we always have room for those who like both.

Porking ords and other strats is thankless work but it can do a lot to dictate what the enemy can do since most people would rather wait 45 minutes or flop battles than run resupply to fields.

Must....resist......temptatio n................
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2011, 04:41:53 PM »
i think you need to remove at lest one squad from that list

and someone said it was 39 months ago he has a point, i could post some of LTARs stats from our glory days and put a ton of the modern squads to shame. however now a days its a lot harder to take a base with a hand full of people.

L.T.A.R. is not dead disbanded nor lacking Leadership, L.T.A.R. is reforming and rebuilding and retraining right now. we are unsure of what country we are going to settle with but when we do L.T.A.R. will be back in full force soon

I did not write the letter or make that list. It was an internal vSquad letter leaked by a former member to the public.

It fell into the hands of a Pig i believe and only lasted a few hours before being locked.

The letter 1st appeared on: July 26, 2011, 01:35:56 PM  in full ( including vDallas's personal email and phone #) and one of the main reasons it was locked.

There were lots of things said that should not have been and some people got in trouble...Hope I don't

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,317314.0.html  >Topic name was  vKnights or vRooks, that is the question.

My cut down version only includes the meat of the full letter received from a copy and paste earlier today. From memory, it's the same letter from 6/26

I posted A8's Tour 100 because I'm very proud to have been a part of them and of what they accomplished..even if it was their heyday.  Unlike LTAR, the squad is no more and I miss those days.

The LTAR were formidable foes having Character and honor. In many ways the A8's were created using characteristics of squads like the LTAR, Arabian Knights, 68 Lancers, 71 Raf and The Few to name a few. Teamwork, Honor and Respect were not only our code but Squad motto... and we stuck to it.  As Character goes the VGuys amassed  nearly the same respect as The S.O.A.R. did back in 07. Actually, the Tards are a much better squad but IMO like the SOAR, unable to remove the stigma associated with them no matter how good they get. The Alch's are a sister squad.

There are all types of players for all types of squads and all squads have decent people in them. Who they choose to follow is their business.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2011, 04:42:06 PM »
Must....resist......temptation................

Dan it's ok we'll let you  :D
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2011, 04:42:58 PM »
You got to be kidding me, just because we don't take bases or horde we are not a factor, what scale do you have or what right do you have to belittle my Squad, Rolling Thunder focuses more air to air combat rather land grabbing. What's you excuse for being a non factor in the game. We don't really care anymore who takes what base, we generally look for a good defense fight or offensive one, sometimes we will take a base so we can have a good fight sometimes we won't. If you think we are push overs join the SDL we love to have some matches with you and your guys.

DCCBOSS
Rolling Thunder
 :salute

:salute   Great approach to the game Sir and very much like how we think to  :cheers:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
you squad doesnt hold a candle to the vtards or alchemists, together they have over a million buildings killed every tour   :devil.

semp
Yes, but how many kills do the buildings have? :D   Poor, poor Rooks, if you can't beat them join and spam them with ENY.

Alchemists + vtards= 140 members

Hooray for the mega horde squads yeahhhhhhh.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:35:37 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2011, 05:20:59 PM »
HTC, do yourself a favor and ban all these a--hats.  That's the "change" that needs to be made.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »
HTC, do yourself a favor and ban all these a--hats.  That's the "change" that needs to be made.
Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »
Sideswitching noob scumbag spies!!! I'm squelching all of you!!!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »
We will hit you where your are not

So you like to play with yourself?    :uhoh
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.