Author Topic: Alchemists gone rook  (Read 7560 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: Alchemists gone rook
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »
he ain't a NY Yankee... :furious

guys. let them play the way they want, fight them the way you want. what could be more simple?

+
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2011, 12:44:14 AM »
:lol
I like the analogy but I think it is the game at its core which is the issue, not human nature.  As you have mentioned before, there was a set up in AW3 that produced very good fights and also a war, and this was based on the set up of the map, not because human nature was any different.  I forgot the exact details sorry, but the point is, until HTC decides to change the way the war functions and is fought, this crap will always be around in strong force.

The problem is with all the cheat codes out there and "E z" games the trend hasn't changed for years on end. Can't beat a Level? use a cheat code - it lets you by pass the same way hordes deal with "defended" bases. It takes motivation, practice and most important education to be successful in life, however it does not apply for a video game in our era such as Aces High where joining a horde allows you to simply overwhelm lesser numbers for a victory. The learning curve isn't to steep to where someone cannot learn, but I guess the age of the push button arcade games has taken over.
JG 52

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2011, 08:11:34 AM »
The problem is with all the cheat codes out there and "E z" games the trend hasn't changed for years on end. Can't beat a Level? use a cheat code - it lets you by pass the same way hordes deal with "defended" bases. It takes motivation, practice and most important education to be successful in life, however it does not apply for a video game in our era such as Aces High where joining a horde allows you to simply overwhelm lesser numbers for a victory. The learning curve isn't to steep to where someone cannot learn, but I guess the age of the push button arcade games has taken over.

Solution?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »
Capturing bases can be fun.

Furballing is a blast.

Kicking someone's arse in a protracted dogfight that gives an adrenaline rush is awesome.

All of that aside, a true victory for me is defined as spending a few hours with good friends of mine that I've made over the last 7 + years  (some whom are closer than folks I actually see more often, in person) drinking, shooting down red things, getting shot down by red things, swapping tall tales and generally having a good time.  

That is winning, to me...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »

Furballing is a blast.

Kicking someone's arse in a protracted dogfight that gives an adrenaline rush is awesome.

All of that aside, a true victory for me is defined as spending a few hours with good friends of mine that I've made over the last 7 + years  (some whom are closer than folks I actually see more often, in person) drinking, shooting down red things, getting shot down by red things, swapping tall tales and generally having a good time.  

Amen
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »

Furballing is a blast.

QFT
-AoM-

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2011, 10:41:58 AM »
 :aok :cheers: :joystick:

flak

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
Flame On! I will throw my 2 cents in this one. While I did not know the Alchemists were Midwayesque in their ankle humping ways, I find this topic quite funny. I have the dubious distinction of having trained the vTARDS Planning Officer (great guy and not your average vTARD), another one of their command staff as well as 2-3 of their Minions when I was the CO of the 1st Special Service Force. While I hold no ill will towards them, I do hate the fact that they are inable to take a single base unless it is completely leveled and even then it takes them an hour because of lack of basic offensive pressure. If the base is showing anymore than a smidge of resistence, then they leave the guys who just happened to show up their to fight with them alone to die or be pushed back while they look for another base that is either defenseless or held by only a few defenders. Kinda takes the fun out of having a good time fighting for an hour or 2 over a base, win or lose.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Flame On! I will throw my 2 cents in this one. While I did not know the Alchemists were Midwayesque in their ankle humping ways, I find this topic quite funny. I have the dubious distinction of having trained the vTARDS Planning Officer (great guy and not your average vTARD), another one of their command staff as well as 2-3 of their Minions when I was the CO of the 1st Special Service Force. While I hold no ill will towards them, I do hate the fact that they are inable to take a single base unless it is completely leveled and even then it takes them an hour because of lack of basic offensive pressure. If the base is showing anymore than a smidge of resistence, then they leave the guys who just happened to show up their to fight with them alone to die or be pushed back while they look for another base that is either defenseless or held by only a few defenders. Kinda takes the fun out of having a good time fighting for an hour or 2 over a base, win or lose.

Command staff....LMAO. I just picture that episode of Southpark where that fat dude is playing WOW in his basement with chip crumbs all over him.

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2011, 11:50:20 AM »
Command staff....LMAO. I just picture that episode of Southpark where that fat dude is playing WOW in his basement with chip crumbs all over him.

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking when picturing Dallas.

RT: can Vtards stay rook? I'm enjoying an 80-perk 262 and Spit14s for 1 perk each.
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »

RAGS lives
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »

Furballing is a blast.

Truly awesome statement........I usually never use the word awesome btw

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »

Anyone want to remake this? heheheh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdBrYfxSXWc&feature=relmfu

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2011, 05:06:08 PM »
The problem is with all the cheat codes out there and "E z" games the trend hasn't changed for years on end. Can't beat a Level? use a cheat code - it lets you by pass the same way hordes deal with "defended" bases. It takes motivation, practice and most important education to be successful in life, AND BE AN F16 PILOT however it does not apply for a video game in our era such as Aces High where joining a horde allows you to simply overwhelm lesser numbers for a victory. The learning curve isn't to steep to where someone cannot learn, but I guess the age of the push button arcade games has taken over.

Yeah, who raised these dadgum kids anyways ?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
Yeah, who raised these dadgum kids anyways ?

The leader of the Command Staff did.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV