Author Topic: Dewoitine D.520  (Read 101973 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dewoitine D.520
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
If I may, I think this will be a gentlemens plane (look at the guy in the robe in the picture). 

One of my most respected fighter pilots was a French Gentleman: Georges Guynemer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLXsNHVEdZk

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2012, 01:10:32 PM »
One of my most respected fighter pilots was a French Gentleman: Georges Guynemer.

While the accomplishments of these pilots
are impressive, I'm mode inspired by post war period and the genesis of the air mail. Look up ' L'Aéropostale'.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
While the accomplishments of these pilots
are impressive, I'm mode inspired by post war period and the genesis of the air mail. Look up ' L'Aéropostale'.

So what does skiiny jeans and hoodies have to do with anything? http://www.aeropostale.com/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:18:53 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
So what does skiiny jeans and hoodies have to do with anything? http://www.aeropostale.com/

we need a facepalm smiley
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »
Hahahaha... how far did ya get?

I'm not going to bother going threw your spiel or digging up the day by day out of the many books I have on  the subject  ...but you have many mistakes or flatuations and I'll let the web sit/ stand as it is thanks.

Read up,

You are slandering me about what I posted after admitting you didn't bother reading what I posted. You, sir, are a troll. You again prove you don't give a crap about the topic. You don't care 1 iota about the history. You'll just spin any lie or insult you want to promote a plane that was a minor footnote in WW2.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »

yeah that would be cool
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:45:12 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
While the accomplishments of these pilots are impressive

I admire his courage and chivalry more than his accomplishments Nuke.

How's this:-

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
how do you add smileys to the palette?
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
Last time I did it was just by nicking it off the internet and it got picked up by Pyro I think.

You can use my image by clicking on reply for the link buddy.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »
ah just adding it as an image IC
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »

I remember reading 'eggs al a guynemer' when I was a kid, into Biggles by W. E John:)
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »
twinboom, don't you dare tell me what to do. You haven't earned that right by a long shot.

Umm lol Krusty you sir are the troll read the books mega is posting facts you sir are just posting hear say .
Take your anti french antics somewhere else like i said before please you are trashing my thread.
Ill paypal you .50 cent take it and go buy a clue , If you so cared about "History" you would be for the adding of any french plane.
And before you mention the Hawk again , a tip is its not french its american lend lease .

Id also like to see the french  Morane-Saulnier M.S.406
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2012, 06:37:20 PM »
Umm lol Krusty you sir are the troll read the books mega is posting facts you sir are just posting hear say .
Take your anti french antics somewhere else like i said before please you are trashing my thread.

100% BS and lies. I was quoting his very reference and explaining how he is completely wrong and deluded. If you had followed the link or read my post, you would know this. Instead you post lies about me to slander me (again) because you don't like what I have to say.

Face the facts. I'm not making this up. Most of those units that had any D.520s in the BoF had them for a whopping week and a half to two weeks. Some of them were changing airfields so often they never flew combat!

If you're calling this "hearsay" then you have to throw that baldfaced lie at your pal, Megalodon, as well. He's the one that used the link as reference for his point. He simply again failed to comprehend what he was reading.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
lol Everyone else is the world is wrong and krusty is right is that what ur trying to sell????

tell the hundreds of men  who flew these birds they are "100% BS"

Krusty is pegging the HTC Bs meter hard  and he is not "my pal" he is a fan as am I. Now who is slandering are you the pot or kettle?

"Those whom live in glass house'es shouldn't cast stones"
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2012, 07:10:51 PM »
100% BS and lies. I was quoting his very reference and explaining how he is completely wrong and deluded. If you had followed the link or read my post, you would know this. Instead you post lies about me to slander me (again) because you don't like what I have to say.

Krusty, could you at least consider that the way you approach this BBS kind of brings these reactions on yourself. You can't have half a dozen people at any given moment 'posting lies and slander' without just for a moment considering the common denominator: you.

You seem very passionate about WWII aviation and that's fantastic, but sometimes your opinionated or authoritative delivery just turns everyone against you. Take this thread for instance. You're so sure, so adamantly sure you are right and so forcefully are you asserting that, that you're actually doing the best job of promoting the D.520 possible, because people just become belligerent & unite against you.

It's easy to get righteously indignant on a forum, we've all done it, including me (much to my later embarrassment) but someone very wise once told me there was great value and strength in posting your opinion and then leaving it at that. If your opinion has merit it should displace those with less merit, and so on.

Even if you win this argument about the numbers of aircraft serving, it really doesn't get you anywhere anyway, since we already know HTC will include an interesting aircraft if they see fit, regardless of the numbers flown (again I cite the Ta-152). Squabbling over a finite resource, in this case HTC's rate of releasing new aircraft, is always going to get ugly, but we are just players all, with equally little influence. I'm sure I'll never see my beloved Westland Whirlwind in this game, but this is the Wishlist, we are allowed to discuss and propose our dream aircraft here, the decision for inclusion lies elsewhere.

This is just how I see things.

:salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-