Author Topic: Is it fair to say...  (Read 1787 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Is it fair to say...
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 11:56:47 AM »
Personally, I think the game is suppose to be an on going battle. It was in the old days. I don't know what Hitech and Pyro where shooting for when they first started, but that's what we had.

I understand we need new.blood to keep the game alive and growing as well. What I would like to see changed is the game score/reward system. Make it so that combat is rewarded, and work around that avoid combat are penalized.

Most gamers  "play to win". Whether that means a better score, perks, name in lights,.or win the war, they have their goal and do what ever it takes to get there. What if a kill only counts toward the name.in lights.if it happens 1 mile away from a base? Vulching may cut back. What if the last person to command a cv loses 25 perks if.the cv is sunk? I bet more people would avoid playing chicken with them or running them into the shore.

Sure there are players who don't care about score, but most of.them are.here to fight, and those that are here just to grief others well, that what mods are for I think.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 12:11:21 PM »
Zombies ruin this game.  Motion to ban all zombies from aces high.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
Zombies ruin this game.  Motion to ban all zombies from aces high.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »
I've played since I was 13, and everyone's always loved me. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
no i do not think kids ruin the game------it ruins the game for the kids when others of various older ages jump on them-chew them out,etc.i know 1 player that stopped letting his kid play for a long time when the kid actually got cussed by an older player.i think anybody who pays should get to play without being griped at.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
No, grumpy old men do. The most annoying, thoroughly disturbed players had always been "adults".

Seriously, we need as much kids as we can get to keep this game alive. Get ‘em while they’re young!

:aok :aok agree 100%
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »
I happen to like 14 year olds...        :banana:

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
Kids come in all age brackets.

It is fair to say that immaturity kills the game, not kids.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »
I think its great the amount of "kids" that play the game.......Look at it this way, they could be playing any other game online, but they chose AH a WWII sim. Anything that sparks intrest in the younger generation to help keep the memory alive of what the real  guys suffered thru, imho can be seen as a great teaching tool, not only a game. I give AH alot of credit in my young sons love of everything WWII aviation. Sitting on my lap when he was younger (5 or so),watching me play put the history in a format that made it intresting. Not a old history book,or an old TV program, but something new and exciting to watch. Hes now 11 and can (and has) had intelligent conversations with veterans regarding their experiances in the war.

Its us older folks responsibility to help kindle the flame of intrest in these younger gents that play the game......answer a question, help them out, be a little patient when one acts their age etc.......Like I said, they are the next generation.

Proof.....my sons room    :aok

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:33:57 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »
I like your remarks Mbailey, and your sons room for that matter  :lol Forgive me if I sounded harsh on the kids but I'm just trying to make reason out of why someone would feel the need to hide boats in mountains or jump sides to sink them. I find it..well sad that grown adults would these things. I would expect it out of A 14 yr. old but not out of adults. The only thing I can figure is that the importance of score/rank must be it. Whatever the reason is behind it, I wish it could be remedied because it turns off the honest players which IMO isn't healthy for the game. It just sets a bad example.
Lighten up Francis

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »
Ah, the Dell keyboard...all of our schools have them, and I've probably typed the most on one of those...possibly because I "borrowed" one and still use it. :lol
Who broke the B-29's wing? D:
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 01:57:07 PM »
The only thing I can figure is that the importance of score/rank must be it. Whatever the reason is behind it, I wish it could be remedied because it turns off the honest players which IMO isn't healthy for the game. It just sets a bad example.

For some, maybe it is score/rank.  For others, it's just straight up dweebishness.  They enjoy wrecking others' enjoyment.  It's a fact of life with online gaming sadly.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »
Children are the lifeblood of the game's future. The number of people who play air combat sims is perpetually declining, and it is imperative to have a new blood to make up for all the older players who play less and less. Many of the AH players were from AW, and were kids then. They don't live forever and their lives change, the game needs the kids to keep it going.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
Yes Wiley I suppose you're right.
Lighten up Francis

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »
Kids do not ruin the game. Idiots do that and they come in all ages.
:aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins