Author Topic: Piper J-4 Cub  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Piper J-4 Cub
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
I vote no.  It doesn't have a rear/dorsal MG for defense.   ;)  AND...  at 85mph it is slower than a 7 years itch, it makes the Stork look like a speed demon.

Let the Storch have a chance to prove that the concept will/will not work.  Then, if there is another FO aircraft that can be added that would add something new to AH then perhaps.  But until then... NO.   :aok 

Well, I'm a more positive supporter for it, the Cub (if it lives up to its expectations/reputation) should be one of the funnest planes to fly in AH and be one of the top observer aircraft in use...  but I do agree, the Storch is a better candidate for testing the proverbial uncharted waters here as it's more versatile and independent.

Doesn't matter if youre a young kid or not. A cub will not do 120mph in level flight.

I was about to say, I've only read about them, but even a modern and well-taken care of cub, whoever painted the 120mph redline onto the one you've been flying sounds pretty brave... or not.  :D

Warning! I don't have any idea of what I'm talking about :)

Is a Piper Cub's Never exceed 120?

I'm sure they have/can on the right day, but how many people would recommend doing 60 in a radio flyer down Deadman's Hill regularly?   :devil
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:43:46 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.