Author Topic: Storch Smoke grenades  (Read 1783 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: Storch Smoke grenades
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
You misunderstand. I was questioning why we should have a seperate category for the scout aircraft, when splitting them off from the bombers and making it a new aircraft class would serve no purpose aside from giving people another score category to pork, and a bunch of useless perks.

I can't think of a scout aircraft that would need a perk price attached to it (even the Fw 189, since it would lack the Storch's very low wing-loading and associated benefits, you would just be exchanging preformance and capabilities in one area for boost in speed, which leave it still pretty damn slow) so the perks would be completly useless.

That's actually a very good point, what does this count as? Fighter/attack/bomber, or scout?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
If I had to venture a guess, I would say bomber, simply because the C-47 is also a bomber.

Edit: Oh Oh Oh!!! We should also be alble to carry a few troops in it too!!!! The jeep can carry 3 troops some how, despite only have 1 extra seat not counting the .50cal possition. how about we let the Storch also carry 3?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »
If I had to venture a guess, I would say bomber, simply because the C-47 is also a bomber.

Edit: Oh Oh Oh!!! We should also be alble to carry a few troops in it too!!!! The jeep can carry 3 troops some how, despite only have 1 extra seat not counting the .50cal possition. how about we let the Storch also carry 3?

Because the Storch does not typically carry 3, and certainly not combat-ready troops

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »
The Jeep also has a bit of a space in the back.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
Now that it's brought up..what was called the "jeep of the skies?"  I know I heard this somewhere and I want to say it's a C-47??

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
Another question, what about rearming this bird? Normally you land at the field, go to rearm pad wait 30 seconds. Would this bird have the ability to land on the battlefield, taxi up to ground supplies and reload that way? I understand (possibly wrong) that these FAC planes would land at random places and refuel from jeeps, etc as part of the rapidly shifting parameters of the battlefield.

I think it should be able to rearm this way. Makes for a more dynamic operating envelope. What do you think?

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »
That'd be kinda fun, don't you think?

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 07:43:59 PM »
Well been playing in the beta and yes there are 25 smoke bombs and they create a very light amount of orange smoke still very visible. There is a delay between drops I think it waits for the prior bomb to hit the ground first.  The wings of the storch rip off around 140 which is very easy to do in a dive. She'll hang on the prop for a bit if you are patient with her and is very very VERY agile and manuverable.  :x Great Job HTC. :aok :rock :cheers: :salute
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:52:55 PM by Seanaldinho »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 08:06:43 PM »
The pilot drops a satchel out the window for the smoke grenade.

Pilot wounds a very easy from any tank pintle gun.

Wirbelwinds rule.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 09:18:43 PM »
would enjoy seeing the counter-insurgency version of this, with the 50kg bombs.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
What kind of rudder control does this bird have?

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »
Probably a bit...

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »
What kind of rudder control does this bird have?

Boo

Very touchy the whole plane turns on a dime all of the controls are very responsive and I may just be paranoid but  I think adverse yaw was modeled into the Storch due to the wingspan and it all works very well.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »
Well been playing in the beta and yes there are 25 smoke bombs and they create a very light amount of orange smoke still very visible. There is a delay between drops I think it waits for the prior bomb to hit the ground first.  The wings of the storch rip off around 140 which is very easy to do in a dive. She'll hang on the prop for a bit if you are patient with her and is very very VERY agile and manuverable.  :x Great Job HTC. :aok :rock :cheers: :salute
Fixed pitch prop too, so it overspeeds in a dive.  The engine breaks at about 160mph, a bit after you lose the outer wings.

I did get a proximity kill on an Me262 that augured while trying to kill me.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-