Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22829 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2012, 10:33:19 AM »
System "Dedalos has just collided with himself"  :neener:

:D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »
And that is half the problem right there.  What you write applies to you and your experiences the same as what I write applies to me and my experiences.  These threads get out of hand because people fail to realize that their experiences/opinions/etc may not necessarily apply to others.  You do realize that it cannot be 90% everyone fault right?  I mean, if I was fighting you all the time and 90% of the times we collided it was your fault, that would only leave only 10% for me right?

I still wonder if you understand the system.
Your statement above still has the thought process "WE" collide. Because it should be stated I collide not WE.

It is not only possible but likely probable that 90% of collisions are the the persons who was damaged in a collision fault.

HiTech

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
Your statement above still has the thought process "WE" collide. Because it should be stated I collide not WE.

You have to see it as a response to SlapShot and not as an explanation of how the system works.  He stated that 90% of the time it is his fault so I said that in that case, when we collide, it will be my fault only 10% of the time.  Yes, the use of "we" was used incorrectly since it indicates that my FE also saw a collision or that he is only talking about his FE, etc (we can play with words all day), but you have to see it for what it was.  A joking response to slapshot and not an attempt to explain the model.

It is not only possible but likely probable that 90% of collisions are the the persons who was damaged in a collision fault.
HiTech

I agree on that.  Probably the truth for a lot of people.  But I would add that there are those people that this is not true for.  Could it be depended on stile of play?  For example, if one spends their time making high speed passes using a 262 or P51 maybe what you said is close to 100% true (and the famous pic they always post to explain collisions is very valid ).  But maybe there are those other cases where you are involved in a fight with several cons and collisions are caused by the reasons and actions  that I described?  And if you are in that other category you see is this game ending collision that 90% of the time you could not do anything about?  If that is the case, then the real question is how many people are in each category, what category the game caters to, what category produces the highest income etc.  I understand it is a business, but that does not make my point invalid.

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »
Mmmm I don't think those colors are right.

Yea they are

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »
You do realize that it cannot be 90% everyone fault right?

Sure it can ... If you and I have 10 fights and 9 of those fights, we fly straight at each other and do not try to avoid the collision ... then we are both at fault and both have racked up a 90 percentile ownership for the collisions.

My choices have no bearing on your choices.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
Sure it can ... If you and I have 10 fights and 9 of those fights, we fly straight at each other and do not try to avoid the collision ... then we are both at fault and both have racked up a 90 percentile ownership for the collisions.

My choices have no bearing on your choices.

:furious Ha! You messed up old one.  That is 100% of the collisions (Not 90%)  :old:  and 100% of the fights that you got shot down  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »
For most of these you can refer to my post above for explanation

#1 your at fault

#2 your at fault

#3 your at fault

#4 your at fault

Statement at the end (in my perfect aces high both planes go down because of a collision, I know I won't get that so I won't argue to that point.)

I'm not going to lie I have a dog in the fight, example #4 is were I find myself most of the time.  Except that the at fault plane collides with me but manages to get guns on and I die because he has a percentage of a chance to still ram me and fly away with the kill.  If that percentage was 0%, do you think he would still try as hard to get guns on or save himself?  I am hoping more people will realize they will die if they collide and try again for a better angle.

Do you have a reasoning behind that?  It honestly just looks like you want to blame the other pilot, regardless of the situation.

It especially looks that way because in these instances I could have easily not been in a collision at all, where you were.  How could it be my fault if I didn't collide?

The one thing I do see though is that you don't want to necessarily blame the guy who gets hit, but blame the guy who rammed into the other guy.  Do you base this on who you think got in the way?  In other words, it's not your fault you hit the other guy, because he got in your way?

In all of those cases where you stated it was my fault, your propeller hit me (essentially, you rammed me).  But you consider yourself faultless?    

Do you take that a step further, and say that the guy who flies into you isn't at fault, because you may have gotten in his way?

What criteria do you use to place blame?  Is it a simple "formula" that could be coded?  Or does it require a judge/jury to weigh out each scenario?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:21:19 PM by mtnman »
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »
Mmmm I don't think those colors are right.
Yea they are

Yeah. I was watching collision films just to confirm.

What happened to the "plane collides with a vehicle" that was in a thread somewhere?

I have a film where I lose a wing to an LVT I collide with.   :banana:
I also have a screen shot of the "XYZ has collided with you" while I am in a whirblewind.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #323 on: January 10, 2012, 05:07:50 AM »

HiTech

i think 90% of the collisions happen to people with bad latency, which the current modelling system does not protect or cater to. You have bad latency... you take the damage and die...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #324 on: January 10, 2012, 06:13:03 AM »
i think 90% of the collisions happen to people with bad latency, which the current modelling system does not protect or cater to. You have bad latency... you take the damage and die...

The degree of latency has nothing to do with it.  You are empowered with absolute control over intersecting with another object in the game.  You avoid it, you never intersect, you do not avoid it, then you intersect.

All latency does is impact the difference between what you see and what the other player sees on the respective computers.  The amount of latency is irrelevant in terms of you avoiding the intersection.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2012, 06:28:13 AM »
The degree of latency has nothing to do with it.  You are empowered with absolute control over intersecting with another object in the game.  You avoid it, you never intersect, you do not avoid it, then you intersect.

All latency does is impact the difference between what you see and what the other player sees on the respective computers.  The amount of latency is irrelevant in terms of you avoiding the intersection.

sure... you tend to forget... you may on 1 hand want to avoid the intersections...on the other hand the other party does not. to him he wanted to ho.. and whatever his reason is.... and then depending on latency the slow latency might get you a collision and not the other party... i wish all accidents you indicated are as simple as you think it is... not all accidents are totally avoidable.
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2012, 06:48:39 AM »
... and then depending on latency the slow latency might get you a collision and not the other party...

It doesn't work that way.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »
sure... you tend to forget... you may on 1 hand want to avoid the intersections...on the other hand the other party does not. to him he wanted to ho.. and whatever his reason is.... and then depending on latency the slow latency might get you a collision and not the other party... i wish all accidents you indicated are as simple as you think it is... not all accidents are totally avoidable.

Once again, you have absolute control over whether or not you intersect another object.  If you avoid it, you will NEVER intersect with another object.  It does not matter what happens on the other players computer, or what he/she is doing.

If you avoid the intersection with another object, you do not take damage.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »
Once again, you have absolute control over whether or not you intersect another object.  If you avoid it, you will NEVER intersect with another object.  It does not matter what happens on the other players computer, or what he/she is doing.

If you avoid the intersection with another object, you do not take damage.

This sounds like Middle School geometry to me.

Too easy.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
:furious Ha! You messed up old one.  That is 100% of the collisions (Not 90%)  :old:  and 100% of the fights that you got shot down  :rofl

Right ... 100% of the collisions, but 90% of the sorties flown resulted in a collision ... and you augured in on the 10th fight cause you had the stall limiter on cause your such a noob ... nice try young one.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."