Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15965 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 08:48:24 AM »
My mistake, our current graphics are state of the art. Please excuse my previous post......
(Image removed from quote.)
Grab a shot of an A6M instead, idiot.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »
My mistake, our current graphics are state of the art. Please excuse my previous post......

That is actually not "current" as it is an older AH1 model still needing to migrate to AH2 standards.  Those old models are being redone and released as they are done.  It just takes time.  Even some of the migrated AH2 models need to be updated.

If you want to show us in a really bad light, then fire up the original AH1 game and claim those are "current" as well.  It would be just as accurate as what you did.

For what you did, it would be accurate to say, "This is an old model, currently in the game."  However, it is no measure of what the games graphics engine is capable of today.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 09:08:16 AM »
How dare someone post anything!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 09:10:12 AM »

Hello,

Now i have been playing AH for about 2 or maybe 3 years now, and I fear another game may take it out. Recently wargameing.com has released the trailer for World of Aircraft. If this game is anything like World of Tanks it will have amazing graphics and sounds...not to say it will most likely be free. Now my thing is that the graphics in AH2 reselmble atari. If the game is to be popular you need to advirtise and have realy good graphics. I love the game and I play it alot...but paying $15 a month for a game that I get dis connected from and that looks like it the graphics have not changed from 2002 is not a good fealing. I want to play a game that I can have fun on and also say, Oh yeah thats the amazing life like game I play! Not to be rude but with us paying $15 a month you should be able to invest in making the game better. I would hate to see AH2 be killed off by WoA but it might just happen. So please take this email seriously, and keep AH2 up with the best PC games!

No fear...... if WOA is anything like the arcade game WOT there will be no problems at AH.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 09:24:50 AM »
they ( World of Planes  by Gaijin )are hoping to go closed beta sometime in January 2012.....  as with any new mmo regardless of what type of gameplay it is, their are all sorts of bugs, glitches, CTD's, freezes, etc..... that has to be worked out........ then their are all those itty bitty problems dealing with different PC setups that different players have, then this then that, etc.....

if one has a Nifty Super Duper  Fire Breathing kickarse PC that cost you probably around $1,800+ ( just for the PC only ) if you built it yourself and got all your parts at cheaper prices, then you might be able to run it close to maximum detail..... but it will be one of those 50/50 chances

but as I have always said, these different flight sim games all offer a different aspect of combat sim flying......... some will like while others will not, same can and has been said about every mmo flight sim that has come along in the last 20+ years....

World of Planes will be more likeable over World of Warplanes,  world of warplanes ( made by wargaming.net people , same people who have World of Tanks ) is more arcadish and not a true realistic flight model

I have to be / keep a non biased approach, and only view / remark using only facts......... and no one can really compare any of them to one another yet because both of the world of games are still in alpha testing ...... so noone really knows what they are going to get in the final product

I do agree , here lately on the Aces High forum, their has been to many popping in and trashing or talking crap about AH  because these young greenhorns think they have just found the holy mecca of all flights sims just because they saw a benchmark or a cgi trailer ...... I just laugh when I see the newer players with their forum accounts 2 yrs or less, talking it up like they have all the knowledge of what is what and why this that and the other are going to be like they claim.....  hope I posted that in a generic enough approach

but don't just go by what someone posts, go take a crack/try at any new flight sim that comes along, then judge for yourself....... do you want to take pictures from within the game because they might be pretty or do you want to have some kick arse fun with dog fights  and missions etc....  is your choice, but most every sim has always had some sort of what I just questioned..... it just is in a different format.......

edit: I too, like bustr, have noticed a few hand full of Aces high players over there either in the Alpha itself or are waiting to be in the Alpha/just now getting accepted to the Alpha, or are awaiting for the Beta to start....

ROFL, some of these threads crack me up, they always said laughter is good medicine..... these threads are helping me tremendously  :D

TC

Well crud..... if I had read the thread to this post I could have just posted +1 and been done.

Well said TC!   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 09:27:19 AM »

LOL! Funny how you didnt post a pic of the Me262, F6F, Typhoon, or other such upgraded pic.  You chose to compare a 1999 vs a 2012.  You have just shown your true colors as well.  *shows Silver the door*
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »
That is actually not "current" as it is an older AH1 model still needing to migrate to AH2 standards.  Those old models are being redone and released as they are done.  It just takes time.  Even some of the migrated AH2 models need to be updated.

If you want to show us in a really bad light, then fire up the original AH1 game and claim those are "current" as well.  It would be just as accurate as what you did.

For what you did, it would be accurate to say, "This is an old model, currently in the game."  However, it is no measure of what the games graphics engine is capable of today.

Perhaps updated models should be ahead of grass on the priority list? 

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
LOL! Funny how you didnt post a pic of the Me262, F6F, Typhoon, or other such upgraded pic.  You chose to compare a 1999 vs a 2012.  You have just shown your true colors as well.  *shows Silver the door*

13 years to update?

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 09:29:01 AM »

At least the lighting looks more accurate in Mipoikel's views. AH2 lighting needs a "-" sign added in some of the programming.

I would have to admit AH2 players are a fun group. A free game usually has a lot of young screamers.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »
Haven't seen World of Planes listed in the track ir site as supported. Thinking that will be an aspect of the game that hopefully wont suffer. World of Warplanes seems like it's some kind of side hobby for the first person shooter types.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:10 AM »
So do you want "eye candy", or realistic flight models?  If the ground looked better would the flight models be even better for you???   :headscratch:

I want both. It doesn't have to be a one or the other deal as so many of you believe. I already said the FM in AH is fantastic. Now work on some graphics.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:35 AM »
Perhaps updated models should be ahead of grass on the priority list?  

It all runs in parallel.  I am pretty certain we have updated more models, in the last year, than we have released new ones.  I could be wrong as I am working from just a general concept of what we do on a daily basis.

My post was only pointing out you were misrepresenting the games "current" graphics capabilities.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:58:05 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2011, 10:02:32 AM »
And just to be clear, I am just wanting better graphics on AH. I am not interested in comparing what ever game the OP is advertising to Ah nor am I threatening to jump ship. I guess I kinda hijacked the thread....oops.  I just feel AH could be much better graphics wise than it is. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »
Everyone enjoys better graphics. This game seems to be built from the FM up. I see that as a really good thing. Produce a good base to build on.

I imagine programming to cover all the nuances of flight is much more time consuming than graphics.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »
I don't think eye-candy makes a game or makes it where AH will lose masses of players. I would probably still be playing AW just due to the friends & acquaintances I made there (even enemies that I only flew against & never with). This community is awesome & HTC's staff has always been helpful to me. I just don't see the masses leaving here; after all the exodus of AW only occurred after they were shut down by EA & not because of another game.
IN Game: Sidious