Author Topic: Why horde?  (Read 10518 times)

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
Re: Why horde?
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »
L...o...l, I would expect nothing else from a vtard but to post this utter nonsense when they are the prime example of the skilless 30-man horde that thinks that what they do is "winning"

However, I don't mind hordes as they typically comprise 3-5 kills....or more depending on squad.

A lot of these posts seem to be typical whines about people who feel like they're losing yet still want to feel like a winner.

Most of the comments aren't requests to make something more difficult as much as they're begging for htc to make it harder for them to lose while doing what they do, which seems to be losing.  

It's already harder to attack than defend so what more could you possibly want besides 1st place trophies for participation?   Do you guys really feel that because you're flying alone, and a group flying together has some sort of unfair advantage?  I think there's a reason you're flying alone, and it's not my problem if not very many people, and in some cases no people want to squad up with you,  or even wing up with you.  Nobody ever flies with that kill club guy and you don't see him on here complaining about it being too easy for people to kill him and capture his bases.  

Shame on you for using the forum to attack the likeable people who's friends are willing to fly into combat along side them just because the same isn't true of you. Although you think you're better and deserve to win because obviously if you lose it's because you've been cheated and not because you lost fair and square like you actually did.  

The way I see it is that the people who are crying unfair on the forum and demanding rule changes to make things more favorable to themselves are real cheaters.  I'd like my job a lot more if it paid a million bucks a year but you don't see me crying to the boss about how it's unfair that someone else gets that and I don't, and that because of this they have ruined my career.

The forum isn't here for you to try and generate sympathy for your lack of whatever you're lacking.  So don't try to hijack it so you can turn it into group therapy so you can have some self-esteem.

ps.
I've decided to double the number of your bases that we'll be taking.  And while you're on the forum crying about it we'll quadruple our consumption of your bases.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:34:18 AM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2012, 09:52:43 AM »
L...o...l, I would expect nothing else from a vtard but to post this utter nonsense when they are the prime example of the skilless 30-man horde that thinks that what they do is "winning"

However, I don't mind hordes as they typically comprise 3-5 kills....or more depending on squad.

Hmm, your squad is very good, full of excellent players, but I must say I've been gangraped by tg for 3-4 days now. Yesterday was the only day I had any interaction with tg that was close to even #s,  <S> unclebone and redbull for that, although what they didn't have in #s they had in alt. :D  I think Dodger and I had some good fun with them though.

With that said, the only thing more lame than a 30-man skilless horde is a 40-man skilled horde  :aok

Just saying

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2012, 10:46:02 AM »
Hmm, your squad is very good, full of excellent players, but I must say I've been gangraped by tg for 3-4 days now. Yesterday was the only day I had any interaction with tg that was close to even #s,  <S> unclebone and redbull for that, although what they didn't have in #s they had in alt. :D  I think Dodger and I had some good fun with them though.

With that said, the only thing more lame than a 30-man skilless horde is a 40-man skilled horde  :aok

Just saying

JUGgler

Hmm, your squad is very good, full of excellent players, but I must say I've been ALT-RAPED and 200-BASHED by AoM for weeks now.

With that said, the only thing more lame than a 30-man skilless horde is a skilled pilot whining and making fictional excuses on 200 for 30 minutes after being killed. :devil

Just saying.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:53:12 AM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
I would have wrote a good response but my phone rang midway through.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »
Rob its easier to attack a base then defend it, if it was harder then the hordes wouldnt roll bases now would they.

A handfull of defenders can ruin a horde's day. If you don't have overwhelming numbers, suprize, or lack of resistance you won't get the job done. You can't dogfight, de-ack and kill town all at the same time fighting on even terms.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
There is no problem hording.  The problem is, there are typically 3 hordes... and those 3 hordes do their best to NEVER get anywhere near each other. 

HTC could fix this problem... they won't.  To many "path of least resistance" types payin the bills.

Tumor

If you have a solution to "fix this problem," lets hear it.  I don't see an obvious solution, so I'm very curious.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »
A handfull of defenders can ruin a horde's day. If you don't have overwhelming numbers, suprize, or lack of resistance you won't get the job done. You can't dogfight, de-ack and kill town all at the same time fighting on even terms.

This is all to true!

So raise the radar minimum alt and make the requirements to take a base less, thereby allowing smaller (more motivated, high risk takers) to try and do it in smaller groups, with suprise or with out.

THEN, make the base and town "dead" for a period of time "but suppliable" so the capturers will have to "modestly" defend and or resupply it to actually own it!

These 2 ideas combined will encourage many folks to capture towns in smaller groups "as was the case before the radar alt change" in other words "less hording" and require them to defend thereby creating a sense of urgency and deperation that will culminate in "cartoon heroic" battles for all, in other words " more fighting"!

I see it as a WIN WIN!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:56 PM »
Huh... I actually think that could be a good way to go about it JUGgler...
It's the opposite approach to what has been tried, that's for sure, which is probably a good thing.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »
The issue is the hordes like being hordes. Giving the option to split into smaller groups isn't going to do it. It's nice with the option there, bit they won't use it. They have the option now to hit 3 bases at once with the extra numbers they have and never do it.

They know they can't win the base unless they have the big numbers .

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »
This is all to true!

So raise the radar minimum alt and make the requirements to take a base less, thereby allowing smaller (more motivated, high risk takers) to try and do it in smaller groups, with suprise or with out.

THEN, make the base and town "dead" for a period of time "but suppliable" so the capturers will have to "modestly" defend and or resupply it to actually own it!

These 2 ideas combined will encourage many folks to capture towns in smaller groups "as was the case before the radar alt change" in other words "less hording" and require them to defend thereby creating a sense of urgency and deperation that will culminate in "cartoon heroic" battles for all, in other words " more fighting"!

I see it as a WIN WIN!

JUGgler

I can't believe it; but the above is  :aok
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
I can't believe it; but the above is  :aok

You still can't sit with me!    :P

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
The issue is the hordes like being hordes. Giving the option to split into smaller groups isn't going to do it. It's nice with the option there, bit they won't use it. They have the option now to hit 3 bases at once with the extra numbers they have and never do it.

They know they can't win the base unless they have the big numbers.
Exactly. I'll admit it, I sometimes fly in the horde. But after an hour, I'm bored and in the mood for a fight, not an uneventfull commute from airfield to airfield. Air combat simmulator would imply combat, and combat is a two-way action. The problem is that the lemmings' goal in AH has become to remove combat from the equation.

To put it in layman's terms, people won't stop hording because they can't take bases without doing so. Source of the problem: defense against small groups is too easy, or effective use of small groups is too difficult. Changing either would aleviate said problem.

Since the one carrot we have (bragging rights) doesn't work, and people are intimdated by using the stick for some reason, what we need is either more carrots, or a slightly smaller stick.

Since a smaller stick would be (as the name implys) less effective, I propose we get some more carrots.

Impliment local ENY, which is tied to white-flag percentage and number of troops needed. Would have to be exponential in its effects, so as to be very gentle with small numbers, but tyrannicly cruel with massive 40+ hordes. Updates every 5 minutes to prevent manipulation through fighters bailing out. Base numbers would be 40% of town destroyed and 5 troops for a single person (a single person can't do both simultaneously, giving any defenders plenty of time to up),  maybe the current numbers for, say, 6-10 people. Doubled for 20, Town percentage maxes out at 100% (duh), and troop requirment maxes out at 40 (this would be for big 35+ man hordes, where a couple less pilots in fighters is barely noticable)

This would both make small-numbers captures easier and large attacks more defendable.

Increase incentives for capturing a base quietly and intact. Maybe increase hanger down-time for newly captured bases to 25 minutes.

Town buildings stay down for an hour, auto ack stays down for 30 minutes for newly captured bases.

Once time limits are reached, the respective objects respawn in the standard time if destroyed again. This would mean defense of a heavily damaged base is nessecary, providing more incentive to do it quikly and quietly.

You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
"Local ENY" wouldn't function properly if the mission took off from 3 different bases.

This is the problem with implementing restrictions; players will find a way around them.

You want to work on the reward system.  Reward players for not flying in a horde.  Something like dar-bar based perk points; when it's an even battle, or close to even, you receive full perk points for a kill/bomb/capture.  When it's extremely lopsided, you receive much less perks per kill/bomb/capture.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »
local eny is for the sector the base is located in. If the enemy wants to take the base, then by the laws of physics and the game coad, they have to fly into the same sector as the base.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2012, 07:29:39 PM »
local eny is for the sector the base is located in. If the enemy wants to take the base, then by the laws of physics and the game coad, they have to fly into the same sector as the base.

So... What, the 3 groups converge toward the target sector, and the game does what exactly?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11