Author Topic: Arena closing notice  (Read 1963 times)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: Arena closing notice
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 10:37:58 PM »
I don't care about how many kills I can get or what my score is. I just like having fun. So what if one sortie is cut short by a war win, log back on and re-up and continue the fight.  :aok

+1
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 11:44:17 AM »
  I swear that the AH clock runs a little fast when counting down to Arena shut down. :headscratch:

* Everyone should explore an older topic to coment on in these days of BBS turmoil.  :cool:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline SirJeeves

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »
The other day i was flying around my own base looking for enemy tanks and my base suddenly switched to other country and started firing at me because the other team won the war. It was quite silly.

Offline Gr8pape

• Copper Member
      • Swamp Revel Computers
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »
I don't care about how many kills I can get or what my score is. I just like having fun. So what if one sortie is cut short by a war win, log back on and re-up and continue the fight.  :aok

+1
I would rather try and fail, than not try at all. (paraphrased)
F.D. Roosevelt

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
The other day i was flying around my own base looking for enemy tanks and my base suddenly switched to other country and started firing at me because the other team won the war. It was quite silly.

Impossible as of a patch within the last year (roughly), when a war is won, the current status/ownership of bases is maintained.  Most likely explanation was the base you were defending was captured and also the map-winning base capture.

Not to be rude or degrading, but many would argue that death for ultimate failure is appropriate in some situations. :D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:27:40 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »
This is what I remember as well.  I don't think AKAK is right.

Tested this awhile back when I was still flying in the MW arena and my sortie was counted as "landed" with all my kills scored.  I believe this change was done a number of years ago after complaints of players loosing perks/kills/score when being booted by the host after a map reset. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 09:19:40 PM »
Tested this awhile back when I was still flying in the MW arena and my sortie was counted as "landed" with all my kills scored.  I believe this change was done a number of years ago after complaints of players loosing perks/kills/score when being booted by the host after a map reset. 

ack-ack

I tested this as early as one year ago and the sortie never counted.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 04:17:36 AM »
well if the war is won....peace reigns over AHworld....alll bases should be neutral (ack and guns turned off)and land where you like..
its peace time, its what we sweated for..time to build bridges, land at any base I say and share a beer with your old foes in any officers mess  :cheers:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 09:35:33 AM »
well if the war is won....peace reigns over AHworld....alll bases should be neutral (ack and guns turned off)and land where you like..
its peace time, its what we sweated for..time to build bridges, land at any base I say and share a beer with your old foes in any officers mess  :cheers:

Now that makes sense!  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 09:56:39 AM »
I'm not sure why it should matter if you get the kills or not.

The game is about fighting. When it is over on one map.... go to the next and fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »

yes! :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
 :bhead :bhead :bhead Fight , fight , fight.....what dont you get?
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher