Author Topic: chat taken away?  (Read 4878 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: chat taken away?
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:39 PM »
they disabled channel "All" and made 200 but the trick is.......if you want to tune thats ur choice no one is forcing you to tune

I agree with you, no one is forced to tune 200, but what is the purpose of 200?  How does it promote game play?  I’d say based on my experience in the game it adds very little.   That it hurts the game, much more then it does to promote it.  I’ve seen new two weekers ridiculed and belittled.  I’ve seen it cause hurt feelings and insight childish behavior resulting is loss of chat privileges.  It’s the only real area of toxic chat that I believe might be a reason for not retaining new players.  Much of the chat on it is hurtful.

It may be worth while in a tight market for HTC to experiment.  If new players were un able to be tune 200, I wonder if more would become subscribers.  
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
I agree with you, no one is forced to tune 200, but what is the purpose of 200?  How does it promote game play?  I’d say based on my experience in the game it adds very little.   That it hurts the game, much more then it does to promote it.  I’ve seen new two weekers ridiculed and belittled.  I’ve seen it cause hurt feelings and insight childish behavior resulting is loss of chat privileges.  It’s the only real area of toxic chat that I believe might be a reason for not retaining new players.  Much of the chat on it is hurtful.

It may be worth while in a tight market for HTC to experiment.  If new players were un able to be tune 200, I wonder if more would become subscribers.  

It promotes game play by allowing people to talk to each other and it does not hurt the game at all.  As pointed out, if you don't want to listen to it don't tune to Channel 200.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

I doubt Noob two-weekers even find 200. They can't even find thier country channel whilst giving away thier position and other info on the Help Channel. Take 200 away something else will fill the void.  :noid
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »
I wouldn’t expect that HTC to control things that they have no control over.  There are always cheaters,  I’m just saying that in my 11 years in the game,  200 has been responsible for more lost privileges, display of childish behavior and poor sportsmanship then any thing else I can think of in the game.  To me, it adds nothing of value to the game.  I don’t use it.

HTC has mentioned how the arean becomes toxic as numbers grow.   That toxic level is on display in 200.  HTC does have the power to do away with 200.   

I suppose by arean you mean arena? You must be posting from a cell phone like semp.

You do not use 200 so your saying nobody else should? Do you still fly in the arenas? I hope so... would hate for eveyone else to leave the arenas because you are not participating.

Sounds different when the boot is on the other foot..... doesn't it.   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
Don't forget smoke signals, megaphones, and hand gestures.

:rofl  :rofl
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2012, 03:25:01 PM »
You do not use 200 so your saying nobody else should? Do you still fly in the arenas? I hope so... would hate for eveyone else to leave the arenas because you are not participating.

I am not saying that no one should use 200 just because I don’t use it.  I’m commenting on my own observation of player behavior on  200 with regard to new members and that it has been my experience over the years that 200 is a source of poor behavior, poor sportsmanship ridicule and belittling new players, that leads the main cause for loss of chat privileges.

HTC has commented on what they perceived as toxic level of play within an arena as numbers would grow.  I’m guessing that behavior on 200 was a good measure of that  toxic level, how else would HTC know or measure?   

What I questioned was why it was felt to be necessary to have 200 and would it be wise that only subscribers have access to 200.  As for New players giving away there position on the Help channel, Help could be limited to just your own side, like country  or room or all the other comm. Channels.

Just trying to grow the numbers on a game that I still enjoy.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »
I wouldn’t expect that HTC to control things that they have no control over.  There are always cheaters,  I’m just saying that in my 11 years in the game,  200 has been responsible for more lost privileges, display of childish behavior and poor sportsmanship then any thing else I can think of in the game.  To me, it adds nothing of value to the game.  I don’t use it.

HTC has mentioned how the arean becomes toxic as numbers grow.   That toxic level is on display in 200.  HTC does have the power to do away with 200.   

200 can also be a good source of friendly banter, chatting with friend's on the countries, etc.  It's not 100% negative, it's a tool, like many things how someone uses it reflects a lot more on the person than the medium.  It's unfortunate that this tool can at times be used by tools.  There's a reason it's 200 and not channel 1, if you don't like it you can de-tune and it goes away.

:)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2012, 03:30:29 PM »
belittling new players, that leads the main cause for loss of chat privileges.

I think someone got picked on... lol

Viva 200 !!!  :rock
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »
200 can also be a good source of friendly banter, chatting with friend's on the countries, etc.  It's not 100% negative, it's a tool, like many things how someone uses it reflects a lot more on the person than the medium.  It's unfortunate that this tool can at times be used by tools.  There's a reason it's 200 and not channel 1, if you don't like it you can de-tune and it goes away.

:)

I agree with you 100%.  I was just questioning it's value in game play.  I don't use it, so I seldom monitor it.  The  only times I know about it is when someone loses their chat privileges because of.  I’ve seen it used many times to belittle and ridicule.  I was just suggesting to promote new player retention perhaps only subscribers should have access to it.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »
I agree with you 100%.  I was just questioning it's value in game play.  I don't use it, so I seldom monitor it.  The  only times I know about it is when someone loses their chat privileges because of.  I’ve seen it used many times to belittle and ridicule.  I was just suggesting to promote new player retention perhaps only subscribers should have access to it.

What your asking for is the complete removal of a channel to communicate between countries I.E. channels 200 - 299. Not just the removal of 200.

HITech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
I think someone got picked on... lol

Viva 200 !!!  :rock

Wouldn't know it as I don't monitor it.  Been here 11 years playing the game and I still stink at it.   I'm the first to admit that I suck.

What I was commenting on was that I have seen new players, two weekers leave the game because of the conduct of some on 200.  I'm suggesting that new players until they become subscribers should not have access to 200.  Would be simple to test.  Say for a test period, a new player not a subscriber, can not tune 200. see if retention goes up
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:19 PM »
I suppose by arean you mean arena? You must be posting from a cell phone like semp.

They gave you boots?  Is that a retirement present or something?  :old:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
I am not saying that no one should use 200 just because I don’t use it.  I’m commenting on my own observation of player behavior on  200 with regard to new members and that it has been my experience over the years that 200 is a source of poor behavior, poor sportsmanship ridicule and belittling new players, that leads the main cause for loss of chat privileges.

HTC has commented on what they perceived as toxic level of play within an arena as numbers would grow.  I’m guessing that behavior on 200 was a good measure of that  toxic level, how else would HTC know or measure?   

What I questioned was why it was felt to be necessary to have 200 and would it be wise that only subscribers have access to 200.  As for New players giving away there position on the Help channel, Help could be limited to just your own side, like country  or room or all the other comm. Channels.

Just trying to grow the numbers on a game that I still enjoy.

<<< playing devil's advocate. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »

What your asking for is the complete removal of a channel to communicate between countries I.E. channels 200 - 299. Not just the removal of 200.

HITech

And that communications between countries is needed because?  Let me be clear.  I have seen over the years a number of good people doing stupid things on 200.  Cyber bullying, belittling,  ridiculing .  I’ve seen new player give up because of it.  I was just suggesting that perhaps the new player might not be able to tune 200 or if necessary any of the country to country communications channels .  That HTC could monitor if retention of new players goes up .  If not you can change it back.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes