Author Topic: chat taken away?  (Read 4869 times)

Offline GhostRider2110

• Copper Member
Re: chat taken away?
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 03:55:43 PM »
I have had friends over the years who have played on other sides.. It was nice to be able to chat with them... not for "intel" or crap like that.. Other than that, the signal to noise ratio is so low on 200 I just don't tune to it.. How about just something in the intro stating the 99% of what is said on 200 is BS and let them decide...  You have a choice to tune it out...
--Mitch AKA SEBaker

XO I./JG 1 DGS II scenario
Mitchell Baker AMA 7548 GSWA WB251 10th AF USSMA 358
Webmaster THRCC

Offline GhostRider2110

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
I have had friends over the years who have played on other sides.. It was nice to be able to chat with them... not for "intel" or crap like that.. Other than that, the signal to noise ratio is so low on 200 I just don't tune to it.. How about just something in the intro stating the 99% of what is said on 200 is BS and let them decide...  You have a choice to tune it out...
--Mitch AKA SEBaker

XO I./JG 1 DGS II scenario
Mitchell Baker AMA 7548 GSWA WB251 10th AF USSMA 358
Webmaster THRCC

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
See below for inline comments...

"And that communications between countries is needed because?" You have friends on all sides, want to ask "how'd you do that", poke them with a stick, etc.

"Let me be clear.  I have seen over the years a number of good people doing stupid things on 200.  Cyber bullying, belittling,  ridiculing."  Welcome to the world of online annonymity - it happens everywhere.

"I’ve seen new player give up because of it." Then they are too thin-skinned to play online games - or games in general.

"I was just suggesting that perhaps the new player might not be able to tune 200 or if necessary any of the country to country communications channels."  The fact that HTC allows FULL ONLINE ACCESS to everything in the game for a two-week trial is one of the best things about the game.  Would you buy a new car if the salesman only let you drive it around the parking lot?

My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
I have had friends over the years who have played on other sides.. It was nice to be able to chat with them... not for "intel" or crap like that.. Other than that, the signal to noise ratio is so low on 200 I just don't tune to it.. How about just something in the intro stating the 99% of what is said on 200 is BS and let them decide...  You have a choice to tune it out...

Yes, and with my suggestion you would still be able to do just that.  Chat with friends on 200 and catch up I’m suggesting that new players that are not subscribers not have access to country to country communications.  That would protect them from the toxic comments that can take over 200 at times.  Once they become paying members they can then enjoy 100% of the abuse on 200.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »
I switched from knights to rooks after a year and nobody said anything to me, I must be a horrible spy.

JG 52

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
"And that communications between countries is needed because?" You have friends on all sides, want to ask "how'd you do that", poke them with a stick, etc.
You could still PM or direct text with them and chat with them on 200 as long as both of you were subscribers.

"Let me be clear.  I have seen over the years a number of good people doing stupid things on 200.  Cyber bullying, belittling,  ridiculing."  Welcome to the world of online annonymity - it happens everywhere.
I think it drives away new players, it has to hurt HTC’s bottom line.
"I’ve seen new player give up because of it." Then they are too thin-skinned to play online games - or games in general.
That’s your opinion and again it’s got to hurt HTC’s bottom line.  

"I was just suggesting that perhaps the new player might not be able to tune 200 or if necessary any of the country to country communications channels."  The fact that HTC allows FULL ONLINE ACCESS to everything in the game for a two-week trial is one of the best things about the game.  Would you buy a new car if the salesman only let you drive it around the parking lot?

Would you buy the car from him if he called you a idiot and the worlds worst driver.  That you had no business trying to drive one of his new cars, that perhaps you needed to read the owners manual completely before attempting to drive any of his cars, that you have no skill at parking and should just leave now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:18:00 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
 <snip>
Would you buy the car from him if he called you a idiot and the worlds worst driver.  That you had no business trying to drive one of his new cars, that perhaps you needed to read the owners manual completely before attempting to drive any of his cars, that you have no skill at parking and should just leave now.</snip>

HiTech didn't call anyone an idiot...... for your comparison to hold water you'd have to say some other driver that bought a car from this salesman.

So if some other driver that bought a car from this salesman called me an idiot.... I'd still buy from this salesman.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »
:lol So now you can lose chat for messing with the bad guys?  Had he done it over a PM, squad chan, or phone it would have been ok?

Am I confused here?  When I can;t find a fight I will call goon ready to drop over a field to get someone to take off.  I could lose chat for that?
I remember an incident few years back a guy in a mission ratted it out on 200. Where the mission participants reported it and then got 8days themselves for doing so. Now participants are rewarded for doing so hmm. Seems alittle wishy washy on the ruling to me. Punish some while rewarding others, make it a rule or not. Thumbs down to skuzzy, on this one. :confused: :bolt:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:33:29 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
 HTC has commented on what they perceived as toxic level of play within an arena as numbers would grow.  I’m guessing that behavior on 200 was a good measure of that  toxic level, how else would HTC know or measure?    

What I questioned was why it was felt to be necessary to have 200 and would it be wise that only subscribers have access to 200.  As for New players giving away there position on the Help channel, Help could be limited to just your own side, like country  or room or all the other comm. Channels.

Just trying to grow the numbers on a game that I still enjoy.

It's pretty simple; if ch200 bother's you then turn it off. I use it to see who's fighting who, and the witty banter. Not, you bombed my tank noobz, I'm elite f-18 fighter pilotz hotard, ace pilot,picktard,hordetard, swinging E-pens BS. Take the good with the bad i guess.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:30:16 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
For someone who doesn't tune to 200 how do you know all these people leaving because of it???
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »
when is calling out missons bad?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
when is calling out missons bad?

(all credit for the smiley goes to coombz)
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »
HiTech didn't call anyone an idiot...... for your comparison to hold water you'd have to say some other driver that bought a car from this salesman.

So if some other driver that bought a car from this salesman called me an idiot.... I'd still buy from this salesman.

You’ve lost me, I was resonding to ImAdot not HiTech.

Would you buy a new car if the salesman only let you drive it around the parking lot?

My point being that the texting on 200 does at time become toxic and I feel it is one of the reasons some many people over the years have run a foul of the rules and lose text privileges.   I then suggested that perhaps more new players would be retained and become subscribers if they were not exposed to the toxic texting on 200.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(all credit for the smiley goes to coombz)
Melty face?  :huh
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »
For someone who doesn't tune to 200 how do you know all these people leaving because of it???

You are right, I don’t use 200 during our squad night missions, however, I have from time to time monitored the channel and I do talk to new players and new members of our squad. I’ve been in the game over 10 years. I am generalizing to some extend but many of our squad members  have made comments that showed they did not receive the friendliest of receptions from the general community.  Some commented on our squad policy of de-tuning 200.  

Please keep in mind I'm not suggesting that 200 be done away with.  I'm only limiting its use to paying members.  You all can continue to use or misuse 200 as you currently do, I’m just suggesting that new players on the two week trial not be permitted to tune 200,  There by avoid the toxic environment.   Perhaps that might just help transition the two week trial member to a paying customer and help grow the community.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:06:44 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes