Author Topic: Trinity Map Sucks  (Read 4296 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Trinity Map Sucks
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
Actually, the high mountains may serve to help GVs, as it may make hauling bombs to bomb them more difficult.  As all right-thinking people know, this is good. 

MH

Then the tankers can fight where they were intended to fight, tank town. It works on ndisle and it'll work here. The bomb****s gets killed by the fighters and the GVs have their fun on the ground, if they do get bombed, they can blame their own air force. Of course, keep the mountains at TT so that level bombers won't come in to shut a base down. And with 3 bases that close to each other, 90% of the time, the ords are porked anyway.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
For A2A the mountains are the problem. And then when a fight gets on one side of a mountain because a base got taken then you'll have lot of planes at that one fight, and nowhere else. Seems silly to have a large map and very few fights.

I'd like to switch to a 4-day auto map reset or lower the mountains, whatever's easiest...
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »
just because you can't roll it in one day

It's next to impossible to roll by anyone.  The map is set up to either stay at default base ownership, or if any territory is gained, it is far far far easier to take it back to default.  So it just stagnates, any progress that is made on it is quickly undone.  2 pilots can defend a whole front on that map.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
It's next to impossible to roll by anyone.  The map is set up to either stay at default base ownership, or if any territory is gained, it is far far far easier to take it back to default.  So it just stagnates, any progress that is made on it is quickly undone.  2 pilots can defend a whole front on that map.

i find this statement rather funny, i logged in last night and knights only had 52% of their bases left, both rooks and bish attacking our fronts, not much happening on the bish/rook front other than holding hands and singing Koombayaa. so i made one sortie and logged off to play BF2
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
i find this statement rather funny, i logged in last night and knights only had 52% of their bases left, both rooks and bish attacking our fronts, not much happening on the bish/rook front other than holding hands and singing Koombayaa. so i made one sortie and logged off to play BF2

Because the rooks and bishops were fighting each other very little while fighting the Knights a lot.  I don't think I was the only one hoping that the rooks would reset the map as they seemed to be in the lead.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »
You could conjure up some NOE horde mishuns in the wee hours of the morning and reset it...    :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2012, 02:57:54 PM »
Air battles on Trinity are really no fun. Too much time spent climbing to very high altitudes or flying a long way to get to a corridore in the mountains.  If a base is captured that shortens the distance to a fight, then a huge horde developes at those two opposing bases.  So it's a horde or flying endlessly hoping to run into a single enemy if you can find one.

When this map is up...I wait for it to be over.

Problem is that when it's up it's up for a week. (the time limit)
Then we win all the other maps in a week or so and it's back to triinity for a week. I think there is as much Trinity time as all other maps combined.

I just think Trinity should be retired for a while.

OR as Grebo suggested...change (someparameter that I'm not familiar with) that will scale the mountains back down to hills.

Would be a good map if the all the terrains alts where scaled back to 25% of current values.  :aok

I like the idea of scaling the mountains back. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »
It's just ashame to see when everyone complains when we get a stalemate map all the complaints start and when we do get a decent fun map it has to be rolled in record timing. I would love to see the perk's you guys all have and will probably never use before you leave the Game. Yes there is always complaints about maps and all for the game but with all the base rolling and hording (yes I take part in it sometimes just for a change) but what is up with not carrying out your missions completely seems like the Trend now is to Bomb and bail in your fighter's and buff's. Granted Trinity is a large map and it give's variety to the Players who still enjoy the aspect's of Dogfighting, Gv'ing running on Cv's it give's those players a chance to enjoy their game.

Also with all the complaint's with the map's from people yes we pay a monthly subscription for the game and everyone think's that HTC should make all the map's and not the player's , but sorry the game is player based and Does HTC make all the skin's for the game? No they have a Skinner Team that does this who is player based. Game Sounds we enjoy that is Also Player based on who makes the upgrade'd sounds we all enjoy not HTC staff. Yes there is specialty maps available for peopel to use in the Custom Arena's and all but if player's are tired of the same old map's we play on then I guess it is time for people to step up and learn other aspect's of the game. Yes making  a map takes some time to learn and all but you could learn and then we would have other players involved and make new maps.

Ok Rant over I will be in the Arena later tonight so all of you can chase my D9 for a Free Kill.

But the Same old complaints about the maps are getting old nothing is going to change unless more players step up and learn different aspects of map making.

Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »
I'm not positive, but I seem to remember that when AKDesert first was out each country owned a piece of the pie and the first battles were fought across the rivers/waterways. Later I think they changed it to load the map at start with each piece split being owned by two countries. This made more fights along a long front right away.

Could they adjust Trinity to split the land masses? This when when the map loads fresh country "A" own the northern section of the west land mass and the western section of the northern land mass with the sea in between. Do this for the other land masses as well. It would kill the CV battles until one country push through to the sea, but then it would give the defending country CV to try and push them back. Also, it creates a long front where many battles can happen right away instead of waiting like we do now until one country finally gets a foot hold on another countries land.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
that is the basic flaw with the design of this map, its the wrong way round.

the initial fronts should be long with lots of opportunities for fights and bases which are relatively easy to take. further back towards a country's HQ the front should shorten and the fights intensify, so those bases are harder to take.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »
that is the basic flaw with the design of this map, its the wrong way round.

the initial fronts should be long with lots of opportunities for fights and bases which are relatively easy to take. further back towards a country's HQ the front should shorten and the fights intensify, so those bases are harder to take.

Plenty of opportunity for fights, and always has been on this map.  If you want high alt, go to the mountains; if you want low, go around the ends.  And that's just at the start, before the lines shift. 

How it affects the "win-the-war" strat game, I can't say, as I don't really care.  It is nice that the map stays around for awhile though, instead of coming and going in one or two days.  

MH

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »

nailed it, the vehicule spawns are set up in a way that make recapturing lost ground easy, and getting new ground very hard.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
what is really needed is specific win requirements based on each map.

20% is far to little for some maps designed to have fluid moving fronts. it is far to much for others that have been designed as stagnant fixed fronts.

it would be well worth the code time investment to even out each maps up time by a simple adjustment on its win % modifier.

a range from say 10% to 33% range would be most helpful.

on a 255 base map you need to cap 17 bases on two fronts. this is impossible on a few large maps and very easy on some others based on the design of the map.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline BushLT1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2012, 06:13:09 PM »
135 not a gv a fight ...its a camp period... 75% didn't get chance to camp 135 they would never gv.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2012, 10:52:50 PM »
I'm boycotting Aces high until Trinity is out of the main arena.