Author Topic: I must think diferently than all of you  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
I must think diferently than all of you
« on: April 05, 2001, 09:56:00 PM »
I dont like banning ppl

My dad runs a butcher shop. People have tried to cheat him before, or given him toejam and say a piece of meat was tough when it was just that they were a lousy cook. and he has told them not to come back if they act liek amazinhunks. To me, thats fine since them being gone doesn't hurt the rest of his customers.

I will miss both nath bdp and towd. They are both good pilots, and I enjoy fighting good pilots. I think the mute function that hitech hs in the game where he can prevent nath from talking is great, he should have done that.

Taking nath out of the game  prevents me from having fun fighting him. I dont like killing newbies. Id rather get killed in an intense fight with an expert than kill 10 lesser pilots. Guess which i learn more about flying from.

Aces high, to me, is about flying. Its not about a feel good lovefest where we all hug each other and smile and sing. When a pilot acts like a handsomehunk on open channel, I just mark him as my next victim, and get double the pleasure out of killing him.

Was nath out of line? Sure he was. Towd, too, kinda harped on the cheating thing on what i think was an unfounded basis. But you know what? Towd would always call my 6, and never hesistated to risk his own virtual neck to save mine. That is more than I can say for some "nice" people in the game (not that there aren't MANY nice ppl who will save my neck too! thx rooks!)

I dont know if any of you ever flew with nath cooperatively, but he was the same way.. never said stupid toejam on roger wilco or anything. Called 6s, flew well. Saved my bellybutton when i got in trouble. Thats what *I* look for in a pilot, and when he talked like an idiot, I just squelched him.

It is of course hitechs game and his right to do what he wants, but I dont applaud it like many of you.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »

Originally posted by Zigrat:
I think the mute function that hitech hs in the game where he can prevent nath from talking is great, he should have done that.

HTC chose to give Nath a few minutes to cool his heels.  Nath chose not to learn from it.  <End of comment>

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
Me neither Ziggy... but being a self confessed ego-maniac and mouth - I notice that sometimes with some people it just doesn't stop.

At least I stop to go fer a leak, kill some goons, or shag the sheep. I sometimes wondered how some people could whine for so long... guess there is a downside to flat-rate  

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2001, 10:05:00 PM »

Was nath out of line? Sure he was. Towd, too,

I am sick of people that act like Towd and Nath have.  I think HTC made the right decision as they usually do.  If these guys want to act like idoits they can go find another sandbox!!

I have a great time with Aces High and 99% of the guys here are great.  I say we don't need the other 1%!!!

BAN THEM FOR LIFE

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
Let's cast aside the two specific personnas involved here, because it is wrong to turn this into a "hack on the banned guys" fest. I know that isn't where this started, but as we know on this BBS...  

Both of these guys are great sticks, no one doubts that. The question is whether or not they modelled behavior that for whatever reasons HTC decides they will no longer tolerate.

I for one am sorry there is a need to ban anyone, or that anyone quits, or that there is anything that occurs that hurts any sim. Still, stuff happens. Realities will be faced. I can't tell you the number of times I had some character just start verbally attacking me out of the blue for no reason. Sure I can squelch him, but the professional side of me inevitably tries to reason with the person. This often winds up in me blowing the little time I have soothing someone's ego.

I am not asking for a love fest. I am asking to be left alone when I fly. I think it is fair to expect a modicum of respect be afforded to all flyers. If in the heat of the moment I say something stupid I would hope that people online would immediately expect I apologize or shun me. If I can't control myself beyond that point then I am hurting the community and it is time for me to leave for a while (ejection). If that fails, and I fail to heed the warning (you know, that I was booted for a reason), then I must realize that my immediate return to the arena and resuming my misconduct can and should be construed as behavior that is in open defiance of the authority present. In any situation I can think of this will result in one final solution- said person will be removed permanently from the environment.

Is this a happy day? Depends on what side of the fence you sit. If you want to look at it from the talent perspective, it is indeed a very sad day. My years of coaching have shown me that you sometimes lose your most talented people in order to have a great team. It also seems to me that, with the influx of AW people (and who knows, with iEN getting delisted quite possibly several WB's flyers as well) now is as good a time as any to get things under control here community-wise. I can tell you this for sure; had AH been like it is now when I first joined the beta I would never have stayed even one month.

It isn't all Nath's or Towd's fault, nor should it be presented that way. To be totally fair you have to admit they did have their chances and it seems made their own choices.  

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2001, 10:33:00 PM »
see my 2 other post, Zigrat i share the same feelings. So? You come flying now? I will not stay rook for long  
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2001, 10:37:00 PM »
Zigrat,

The best example/analogy I can give you is the one that was given to me years ago...

Kid throws a rock at your window, breaking it.  You ask the kid not to throw rocks at your windows and go back inside thinking he has learned his lesson.  Again, he throws a rock and breaks a window.  Repeat this story as many times as it takes to sink in    You can ASK people to follow the rules, and you can even try to rub it into them in the form of temporary bannings.  But if that doesn't kick the grey matter between their ears to work, what can you do?  

Easy, you have to remind the user that there are consequences for their actions.  Being a customer does not absolve them of being held to the terms of the user agreement. Period.

Sorry Zig, I agree with you, but there comes a time when a line is drawn in the sand, and when its crossed repeatedly, something has to happen.

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2001, 10:47:00 PM »
I liked them both , still do, just because some don't like em won't sway my feelings.

NUTTZ

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2001, 11:00:00 PM »
OMG! No! Can some toss me a freaking bone here? Why was Nath banned!  I knew Towd was, but why on earth NATH!

I know Nath liked to talk crap on the radio, and he and I were great rivals. I looked forward to shooting him down. He was a great great pilot, even though we would taunt each other, I highly respected his skills. This is sick. I feel woozy. Someone tell me what happened to Nath and why!

OK I spoke too soon. I now know, I read the other post. Too bad. Nath-BDP if you do happen to sign back on with a different credit card, give me a private message and let me know your new nick so I can continue to shoot you down. <S>

fscott

[This message has been edited by fscott (edited 04-05-2001).]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2001, 11:22:00 PM »
I hate to see anyone leave the game - no matter the reason.

HiTech and Pyro are stand up guys and did what they felt was best for their business, I have no problem with their actions.

If Towd or Nath were to apologize for their actions I'll bet HTC would let them return.

Everyone makes mistakes in life - it takes a real man to acknowledge them and make matters right.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2001, 11:23:00 PM »
Show no respect, get no respect... I dont care how damn good a pilot is!

Dog out............

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2001, 11:40:00 PM »
Speaking as a squad mate, I can only say that Nath's flying skills were better than mine and that he'd ALWAYS call 6's and clear you, even if it put himself in danger. He's a very aggressive and competitive pilot, and it manifests itself in different ways.

I wasn't there when the incident occurred and will not pass judgement until I see a film or screen shots of the text buffer. It does seem very unlike nath to go against the HTC crew, more so since after the CV imperial Star destroyer (and who has not complained about fleet ack?), we had a little discussion about it that basically ended with me saying "don't fight the HTC crew - you'll lose, every time".

So with that in mind something must have irritated him very much indeed, if what I hear is true. I am wondering what this could be.

Right now I'm bewildered and cannot really understand the reactions from people - he's a good stick, fun to fly with and against (done both) and yes, argumentative, but that comes from being highly competitive. Something real fighter pilots are, I hear. But I will not defend or attack this behaviour until I know what's going on. This just seems totally out of character for Nath.

If someone has a film or had film running during this incident, I'd very much like to see it. Send it to stclaus@mail1.stofanet.dk

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2001, 11:49:00 PM »
Santa, ICQ me.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2001, 11:50:00 PM »
What Zig said. It's a sad day when folks are cheering the banning of another player. Don't worry, soon there will be plenty of room for you all to wave your pom-poms unfettered.

------------------
Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2001, 11:56:00 PM »
Good thing too, them pompom's is durn heavy wrapped in chains.