Author Topic: What do you love or hate most about certain maps?  (Read 3563 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Re: What do you love or hate most about certain maps?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »

But oddly we have at least two "tank towns", including one perfectly shielded from enemy air intrusion, that are completely deserted all of the time.

But players still wish for it  :headscratch:

Both of which have incredibly horrible terrain to tank in. That is why I never wanted to play in them. They both have next to no cover and long drives just to get to the action.. That's not a very usefull Tank Town

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »
I'm happy to leave up to you Fester,

I guess that if you make a map that sticks , the duff ones will gradually get rotated out.
Just bear in mind the oddities that thin the immersion.  Planet Zog hills and slopes, vertical roads, supply barges grinding thru the runway are a giveaway that the mapmaker smokes weed while listening to the BonzoDogDooDah band.  How many wishing wells do you need?

If you really have to have livestock..............nah, forget it.  The sappers would 've eaten that already.

Get a bulldozer and scar a 1/2 mile, forever barren strip at the runway entry.

Just an idea, (wish), but keep the distance between capturable fields, but sprinkle a few runway strips with rearm pads.  No hangers or map-room.
A kind of utility that all players can use, enabling them to rush back to the f'ball and finish off what they didn't finish.  200 will go melt down with whines over vulchin'..................but will promote caps and thus more combat. (me thinks)

What ever you do with the monster you're creating, I wish you the best of luck.

<<S>>
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »

But oddly we have at least two "tank towns", including one perfectly shielded from enemy air intrusion, that are completely deserted all of the time.

But players still wish for it  :headscratch:

Completely??  I don't agree but on occasion your description does fit.  I am asking to place a "Tank Town" at a spawn that leads to a base (for example).  It will give the campers plenty of spaces to hide and also provide cover for GVs heading to an enemy base.

I guess that I remember too well when they were first inserted how much time folks would spend there.  I can't explain why they are empty as you say (and I have noticed on occasion also).  Possibly, the frustration kicks in after being bombed, camped or glitched (numerous hits on a lightly armored vehicle and one pop tower trip from another).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
Both of which have incredibly horrible terrain to tank in. That is why I never wanted to play in them. They both have next to no cover and long drives just to get to the action..

Before the map was put into hiatus, Trinity Tank Town was the most pupulated of them all. When the action was going it was eactly the spawns that made it working so well, because it prevented the degeneration into an eternal point-click spawncamp. You had to move, and there most exciting battles were to be found in the town.

Now the place where you can bet to fidn the majority of 'tankers' on Trinity is V135, a place where you either don't have to move (camper) or can't move most of the time (camped) ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:07:51 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »
All the "avoid high altitude" complaints may be a bit off-base.  Some planes are better at high alts.  If you have most terrain at low alts, then those planes will be less likely to have a chance to fight under conditions which favor them, as their opponents can just dive to the deck.

So perhaps this is an argument in favor of Trinity-type maps.   

MH

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »
Another thing when I think about it - most maps have the color way too intense.  I think the saturation should be dialed back quite a bit.   I think realistic terrain colors are dull, flat, faded greens, browns, tans and grays.   

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Don't like that HT sits on a bunch of maps that people spent many days and hours making when some of the best could be of some use.

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 11:37:45 PM »
Don't like that HT supposedly sits on a bunch of maps that people spent many days and hours making when some of the best could be of some use.

Don't like that HT never put any red squares around TT  FT vbases to save at least one base in those areas.

++++++++++++++++ :aok :aok

Offline Chugamug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »
Spawn points, replace as many as possible with v bases. It would be a much simpler solution to the spawn camping issue. Maybe have a smaller GV base than we have now to use instead of spawn points.
The solutions ive seen for the spawn points are just too complex. Think chop sticks.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Don't like that HT supposedly sits on a bunch of maps that people spent many days and hours making when some of the best could be of some use.

Don't like that HT never put any red squares around TT  FT vbases to save at least one base in those areas.
:aok :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline matt

• Silver Member

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
i would prefer maps without trees they continue to wreak havoc upon my plane

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 12:28:22 PM »

We do not sit on a bunch of maps. There are not any maps waiting on us, although as of Friday I know of 1 that was almost ready for submission.

HiTech

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 12:36:40 PM »
I just don't see a need for maps with 200+ bases. It seems like a good map for peak hours with 400 players since they can spread out over the map with multiple fights, but that's never the case. Look at the largest maps during peak hour and the smallest map on peak hours and they both have 3 seperate hordes from the 3 countries attacking one base. I try to avoid these and fly to other bases to find fights, but everyone is too busy hording over 1 base. Worst of all, during the off hours the maps are so large there is nothing going on.

Large maps are only good for the hordes to find undefended bases, and NOE raid the heck out of them.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »
We do not sit on a bunch of maps. There are not any maps waiting on us, although as of Friday I know of 1 that was almost ready for submission.

HiTech

I'm sure that's true, except for terrains that have been submitted, inspected and discarded. When a terrain is submitted, there is no feedback if a problem is found that eliminates it from the build/rotation.

How about a simple status reply stating see # x, x, etc

1 Terrain put into rotation
2 Balance issues
3 Errors. Find help within the terrain community
4 CBM
5 Other (and a note from htc)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:56:02 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001