Author Topic: Me410  (Read 19315 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Me410
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 01:37:18 AM »
You can't TnB with anything except another 410.
Wanna bet?
I like a challenge.  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2012, 01:38:31 AM »
I'm glad you didn't mention my Beaufighter :)

Don't want to dogfight in it, but do want to fly to the Norway Fjords and attack shipping in it.  That or Fly it in Burma or over the Med :)

I'll be strafing ships in the Bismark Sea. :airplane:
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline 230G

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2012, 01:45:02 AM »
Total waste of time putting this hunk of junk in the game. Shoulda put a bristol beaufighter in the game instead. Thats my two cents on the topic.

I like the Beaufighter, but the 410 will see far more use. After all, the Beaufighter is just an underpowered Mossie with less cannon ammuntion (60 rpg).
If you approach from me from my 12:00 you will be unapologetically HO'ed.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2012, 01:56:33 AM »
Total waste of time putting this hunk of junk in the game. Shoulda put a bristol beaufighter in the game instead. Thats my two cents on the topic.

I'm sure Hitech will be bouyed by your supportive and grateful contribution :aok

Use it for what it was designed for and it will be no more or less useful than any other aircraft in game. How long do you imagine it will be until the whine's start about 410's owning people where they should'nt be "able" to?

I would suggest you will say pretty much the same thing about the Beaufighter once you discover it won't out turn, out dive, out roll, out climb and out gun everything you come across :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:48 AM »

They, or we should I say, should have voted for the Yak and had the other Yaks updated in the process, that would have made sense oh well.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20:32 AM »
They, or we should I say, should have voted for the Yak and had the other Yaks updated in the process, that would have made sense oh well.

i voted Yak3 throughout, even though i'd have never flown it  :)    im of the opinion that we are sorely lacking in Soviet aircraft.   anything MiG, Yak, LaGG, etc. will have my vote in the future.   the planes i love to fly are already represented in game, im simply voting on an expanded list of targets  :D
-AoM-

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2012, 04:52:27 AM »
"Total waste of time putting this hunk of junk in the game. Shoulda put a bristol beaufighter in the game instead."

Well, HTC makes choices how they model a plane in game and many factors build the general impression of plane's usability.

For example I knew the plane would be quite heavy and as it is not too large (resulting in high wingloading) I though it would be resultin good strauctural integrity and make it quite survivable in combat in the same fashion as 190s. But it seems that this was built to be a gun monster with a glass jaw. It often starts to disintegrate from a couple cannon hits, or the pilot gets hit as if any hit in glassed area would record as a pilot hit. I do not know what weights so much in this aircraft but is does not seem to be in the structure.

And yes, I'm sure the Beau would have been awesome.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2012, 04:58:35 AM »
so the me410 was modelled out of paper?  :lol

meanwhile the A20 can still soak a few 37mm hits, and use F3  :noid
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:02:18 AM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2012, 06:09:44 AM »
I'd like to thank AH for the addition of the ME-410 and new Stuka.  I flew both yesterday offline to evaluate and found the modeling superb for each.  While I don't expect either to compete with perked  (or near perked) dog fighters, I found their ability to perform their intended roles very effective.  It is going to be a blast flying in and against them.

Nicely done!   :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2012, 07:01:14 AM »
moin

jes i totaly agree, its a real nice bird and i will fly it a laot as i flew the 110. HTC has done a grat job.
and im sure fliing it in a muliroll will be no problem in the mainarena, you only should knew what are you doing with it. it is not a niky fas like a dora, we..I have never expected it, but it is a better 110 and thats pershreckt for me :-). what the ta 152 is to the dora is the 410 to 110, thats my first impression of it.
i love it :-)
cu christian

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
Wanna bet?
I like a challenge.  :lol

Hehe, sure. Although I did try fighting a F4U-4 yesterday in a 410 and got my butt handed to me.   :ahand

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »
  I think what many people don't fully appreciate is the difference on the MK108 cannon and the MK103 cannon. At 2800 fps muzzle velocity, the latter has a 1000 fps+/- advantage over the MK 103. That's HUGE boys and girls. Not only in its ability to damage but in an infinitely better trajectory and ease of shooting crossing targets (less lead).
  To put it in perspective, the MK108's MV is roughly equivalent of a black powder muzzle loading rifle firing a lead ball.  (Please, no one flame me telling me your muzzleloader fires at 2000 fps)

The thing is neither is very good at ATA fighting against fighters. Against ground targets while it may look like the 410 has an edge does it really? In reality? The 110 has the 4 20mm and 2 30mm pak and you shoot buildings and hangars from short range. The 110 also can carry over twice the bombload. The performance is similiar and the 110 handles better. Even your statement about the MK 103s means little cause anything in front of the 110s gun packs are dead anyway and you can get only so dead.

The only thing about the 410 is the 50mm novelty cannon. Which may prove useful if they tweak the damage model and stop allowing the plane to die like a paper machete Spit.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2012, 09:09:41 AM »
I can't wait for the yak to win the next poll so we can hear the same whining after it is released.

The 410 is fine and works well within a smaller flight envelope than the 110.

The only issue is how easily a lanc top gunner with a 303 can remove a wing while you are flying past at D900 with a single ping.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
Looks like the best deacker so far in the game.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »
Hehe, sure. Although I did try fighting a F4U-4 yesterday in a 410 and got my butt handed to me.   :ahand
F4U4....  whew!!
I would try it in smaller steps, bud  :lol
190s first, then ponies, jugs, jaks, 38s, 109s, lalas, ki84s, spits, hurries, brewsters, zeeks...  and then! then the UFO-4   :D
Seriously speaking, i dont think i can ever be able to handle a well-flown jug in it. Gonna try the inpossible anyway.
AoM
City of ice