Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 7979 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Trinity
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 08:32:05 AM »
What's the PAC map with the tank-battles/ furballs in the center island? (I never remember the names)That's my fav, closely followed by the Fester map with the gv tracks.....both have something for everybody.

How about a vote for most popular map?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
Trinity is a great map.

In the last week I have.........

Shot down 5 b29s at 35,000 feet   (one was a vulch).

Flown a spit XIV over enemy HQ, baited 163s, and returned to base.

Bombed down both enemy HQs (landed one)

Driven a tank to the enemy city and shot it up.

Flanked enemy tanks by driving up steep mountains so I can laugh at thier confusion when they can't see me because all thier guns are pointed at the spawn, my tracers were off, and thier refusal to shut down the engines so they can hear.

I just don't see the factors that many claim limit gameplay on the trinity map.

What I do see is gameplay being limited by the players themselves and wanting yet more ways to unrealistically make it easier.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:03:17 AM by icepac »

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:58 AM »
these hours of cruising at 30K+ must have been thrilling.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:18:39 AM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 09:12:30 AM »
 :noid
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »

The kill with the yak was done by running NOE to where I guessed the b29s would be landing.

I got lucky and rearmed on a convenient CV.

I should have had a few others with the yak9 but Triton1 is a beast in the guns and the yak9 isn't the optimum plane for 35,000 feet b29 interception but I happened to be taking off in one and saw them overhead.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:21:40 AM by icepac »

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The kill with the yak was done by running NOE to where I guessed the b29s would be landing.

I got lucky and rearmed on a convenient CV.

Yeah nevermind I can't read. The map is still crap tho, I like flying 30mins sorties in crowded arenas, for long eventless cruises I can get Microsoft Flight Simulator.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:30:38 AM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »
LOL......I see you edited out the BS you spewed above.

My point is that Trinity is as good a map as any other and offers up a huge variety of ways to have fun.

It's not the fault of the map that players can't have the same variety of fun that I experience here when flying that map.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:25:47 AM by icepac »

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
LOL......I see you edited out the BS you spewed above.

My point is that Trinity is as good a map as any other and offers up a huge variety of ways to have fun.

It's not the fault of the map that players can't have the same variety of fun that I experience here when flying that map.

Not everybody has 123 hours to spare every month like you do
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »
Not everybody has 123 hours to spare every month like you do and kill a plane (or less) an hour doing it
Fixord. 

It seems most of the people that "like" Trinity are the pickers that show up to a furball, work the edges killing only engaged pilots and running at the first sign of anyone in icon range.  For this type of player Trinity is a feast.  With only one or two fights, hanging out at 30K looking for a pigeon is much easier. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »
Fixord. 

It seems most of the people that "like" Trinity are the pickers that show up to a furball, work the edges killing only engaged pilots and running at the first sign of anyone in icon range.  For this type of player Trinity is a feast.  With only one or two fights, hanging out at 30K looking for a pigeon is much easier. 

I'm sorry but that's not how I play.

The Trinity hating is no different than when HT said he was going to get rid of all the big maps and we played on Mindi for about three months straight.  I like that map too but hated it at that time.  They'll get the totation right again at some point. 

Trinity is a lot better than some of the other maps we have.  I'd like to see all the old big maps come back.  There are a lot of them we never see.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
Not everybody has 123 hours to spare every month like you do

0.9 kills/hour  :huh
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2012, 10:26:06 AM »
Easy now... I said "most"...

You have to admit though, with the limited ability to open a new front due to the Himalayas, those giant furballs lend themselves well to the tactics of the "I can't die" crowd.

I'm sorry but that's not how I play.

The Trinity hating is no different than when HT said he was going to get rid of all the big maps and we played on Mindi for about three months straight.  I like that map too but hated it at that time.  They'll get the totation right again at some point. 

Trinity is a lot better than some of the other maps we have.  I'd like to see all the old big maps come back.  There are a lot of them we never see.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2012, 10:26:59 AM »
0.9 kills/hour  :huh
Now THAT'S excitement isn't it?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »
Trinity is almost always up for 7 days.  Now it has been up for longer than that, as it was up last Friday.  Today makes the third day in the row I have logged in and then immediately logged back out after seeing this map.  Three days of Trinity is my tolerance limit. 

Trinity marathons, the 12 hour side switch rule and still having some planes with 12 year old graphics are pretty much the only things HTC does wrong , IMO.

The large maps stay too long and the small ones are gone in a flash.  All maps should be up a minimum 24 hours to maximum 72 hours, regardless of war wins or lack thereof. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:46:52 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2012, 10:46:32 AM »
Trinity is almost always up for 7 days.  Now it has been up for longer than that, as it was up last Friday.  Today makes the third day in the row I have logged in and then immediately logged back out after seeing this map.  Three days of Trinity is my tolerance limit. 

Trinity marathons, the 12 hour side switch rule and still having some planes with 12 year old graphics are pretty much the only things HTC does wrong , IMO.

The bigger thing, is how long does it take Trinity to come BACK again, after it's been reset?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/