Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 7957 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Trinity
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »
It has nothing to do with "maps being made by pilot types". Most of the maps were made back in the day when there was very little GV combat. The game was about flying as the name implies "Aces High". Now there is more of an interest in GVs and the newer maps we have DO have good GV action added to them. The problem is we haven't had a map added in a long time either.

Trinity was a good map when we had 600 players on at night. Figure an "average" you had 200 players going head to head across those mountains looking to grab a foot hold on the other side. It made for some great battles. Now as an average, you have 100 players, and more than half of those don't want to be bothered with climbing, or fighting, so they group together to try and attack across the water (A39, A100, and A5) or pound on each other at A1. Oncw one team or the other gets a foot hold on the other side of the mountains more and more fights of all types spring up.
Yup, last night I noted that we had 300 players playing on a 400 sector map. Rooks had enemy contact in two areas, both utterly poor odds, though the furball near the nit base in the west got even after midnight
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
There would certainly be alot more action if fewer people were in GV's.  I look at the friendly numbers "in flight" and hardly see any dar, so they are either all noe or theres an awful lot of GV's.  I'd like to be able to see how many are Gv'n compared to how many are in aircraft.  Yeah, it frustrates me to see so many GV'ers.  I'm selfish, I want more flying mates and more flying targets.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
There would certainly be alot more action if fewer people were in GV's.  I look at the friendly numbers "in flight" and hardly see any dar, so they are either all noe or theres an awful lot of GV's.  me to see so many GV'ers.  I'm selfish, I want more flying mates and more flying targets.

Are you summoning The Snail?  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »
There would certainly be alot more action if fewer people were in GV's.  I look at the friendly numbers "in flight" and hardly see any dar, so they are either all noe or theres an awful lot of GV's.  I'd like to be able to see how many are Gv'n compared to how many are in aircraft.  Yeah, it frustrates me to see so many GV'ers.  I'm selfish, I want more flying mates and more flying targets.

Trinity offers what are essentially "air starts" to slow tanks.  Spawns that spawn on top of enemy spawns is one thing Trinity is full of.  The other thing is dung.

What's really unfortunate is many tankers on trinity tend to freak out, yell and be abusive to anyone who tries to capture bases that spawn into friendly spawn points.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
all trinity needs is to get rid of the mountains, then it would be just another map to fight on, I never cared about the map....or terrain but I cant stand trinity...because of the mountains...get rid of them and the map would be fine. :aok

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »
Are you summoning The Snail?  :noid

LOL, I've made the blood sacrifice, burned the incense, drawn the symbol in the dirt........now the wait begins..........
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »
and then be picked to death by a half dozen sub-orbital P51's :D

Seen it tried but they all ran home after losing their E. You forget that 90% of all pony pilots... suck at flying ponies.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2012, 02:35:56 PM »
LOL, I've made the blood sacrifice, burned the incense, drawn the symbol in the dirt........now the wait begins..........

The Gods are pleased! Here we go:  :old:

There would certainly be alot more action if fewer people were in GV's.  I look at the friendly numbers "in flight" and hardly see any dar, so they are either all noe or theres an awful lot of GV's.

Right now we have a GV usage (K+D) quota of 42.3% this tour, which happened to play on Trinity exclusively. This is only slightly higher than in all tours this year combined (39.9%).
As Trinity has approximately 20$-25% of mothly playtime and there is only one small map with very much reduced GV opportunities (Mindanao) we may conclude that overall players do spend only slightly more time in GV's on Trinity than they do averagely in AH, which ends up as 24% of playtime in this year so far (Tour 144-150).

Of course the GV usage quota is fluctuating a lot during the day:

Current track. Time on the X axis is CEST (UTC+2)

With a bit of luck, I will be able to do a detailed breakdown for each map at the end of this tour.

Now it would be interesting to see if the 'tower time' has been different on Trinity (players looking for a fight), but right now there is no practical way for me to track that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:43:10 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »
There is a fine line between Genius and Insanity you know Snailman.    Daaayuuuum. 

Sure glad you play this game mate  :salute

BTW I KNOW you do alt monkey missions sometimes.  We gotta wing up.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »
It's gone now.  :D

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »
cant think of a better time to use this:  :banana:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2012, 04:21:04 PM »
 :banana:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2012, 06:42:44 PM »
This is my favorite map.  :uhoh
Mine too!   :uhoh
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »
Seen it tried but they all ran home after losing their E. You forget that 90% of all pony pilots... suck at flying ponies.
Yah, another squad who frequents your country....but quantity has a quality in and of itself
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2012, 12:24:40 AM »

I might add that the majority of GV combat besides direct support of base captures was happening in Tank Town on Trinity, and almost nil at V135. You could always expect a sizeable portion of the arena population there, often more than one hundred. I learned tanking up there back in the day...  :cry

Replace that useless conglomeration of buildings in the center of Trinity TT with a vBase-plus-spawns (doesn't matter who owns it), and you will see more action there.  As it stands, the only time you can generate GV fights in TT is when the TT "border" is moved to the edge by one side capturing all-but-one of the others' vBases.  In turn, this results in adjacent opposing vBases, which can be shot at, made to flash, and thus made to produce opponents.  Having the plateau overlooking that all-but-one vBase is a *major* interest point as well.  Just far enough away so you can't bombard the base with a non-perk tank, but close enough to eliminate the blind-man's-buff fumbling-type of combat which purely flat terrain tends to involve.  So the attackers have the hill, but the defenders have the adjacent reinforcement capability of the vBase.  

MH
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:37:14 AM by TDeacon »