Author Topic: British Soldiers Killed  (Read 1664 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: British Soldiers Killed
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »
If the Islamists, like the Taliban take over your country, let's  hope the USA doesn't come to your aid by "invading" your country.  I will be okay with the placement of your people into forced servitude, taking away your freedoms, not allowing your daughters any rights or an education.  Sharia law will be okay for you, as long as we don't invade.  If they want to allow Al Qaeda free reign, so be it.  We won't invade.

ahhh I see so the occupation forces present in Afghanistan are there for completely altruistic reasons then? gotcha

:rofl
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »

ahhh I see so the occupation forces present in Afghanistan are there for completely altruistic reasons then? gotcha

:rofl
This isn't the thread for this argument, but after all the food, water, water treatment plants etc. that have been built there.....

I like how the people who haven't been there speculate so much.  :rolleyes:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
who is speculating?  :headscratch:

you're right though, this isn't the thread for arguing with idiots like Dago :] it's just hard to resist

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
ahhh I see so the occupation forces present in Afghanistan are there for completely altruistic reasons then?

Why are we there? I'd love to hear this one...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
2 soldiers were killed yesterday at a checkpoint in Helmand province. They were from 3rd Btn Yorkshire Regt. The murdering piece of crap that shot them both was wearing Afghan police uniform and they ran to his aid when he feigned an injury. How is anyone supposed to fight an insurgency campaign when you spend as much time looking over your shoulder at your"allies" as much as you are at your enemy?
 :salute lads, rest peacefully.

<S> The sad thing is you cannot truley fight that. Rest in peace brothers.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »

Give him time Del, this ass-hat will have a great life exmple. Coombz, try picking up a weapon and standing a post somewhere instead of talking out your rear end.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 08:58:50 PM »

You really think any war is going to be for purely altruistic reasons? Why would any country waste so much bloody money and so many soldiers lives just to be nice guys?

If it's just to help the poor Afghan people and save them from the nasty Taliban, then why aren't we in all those crappy African countries saving their people from similar militant groups? Why don't you ever even hear jack s**t in the media about what is going on in those countries? Trust me, it's just as bad or worse as anything happening in the Middle East. Check out the Africa Research Bulletin sometime if you want to read some really harrowing stuff.

Why are we really there...just ask yourself, what is the root of all evil in the world?

money. power. control.

if he had said 'payback' at least that would be somewhat convincing, but pretending it's for altruistic reasons is just ridiculous

Give him time Del, this ass-hat will have a great life exmple. Coombz, try picking up a weapon and standing a post somewhere instead of talking out your rear end.

we already established that this isn't the right thread to be arguing with idiots, so I guess I'll just ignore all of your posts
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:03:43 PM by coombz »

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »
Three Marines were killed the same way about a month ago.  An Afghan National Guard (ANG) officer invited them into his home to have drinks with him.  They arrived and when they entered the home, the ANG officer shot two of the Marines in the back of the head before they could turn around, and the other could not load his weapon fast enough to shoot him.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
sad event for sure. personally, we need to pull out and if the goat herders really want the taliban gone, they can do it themselves.

who is speculating?  :headscratch:

you're right though, this isn't the thread for arguing with idiots like Dago :] it's just hard to resist
i see the pot calling the kettle black. you frequently stick your foot into the chasm of your mouth as clearly illustrated by your first comments. there is never an "altruistic" reason for governments to wage war. the ones who do the actual fighting are the ones who may or may have themselves fooled into believing they are there for somethng other than political b.s.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
You really think any war is going to be for purely altruistic reasons? Why would any country waste so much bloody money and so many soldiers lives just to be nice guys?

If it's just to help the poor Afghan people and save them from the nasty Taliban, then why aren't we in all those crappy African countries saving their people from similar militant groups? Why don't you ever even hear jack s**t in the media about what is going on in those countries? Trust me, it's just as bad or worse as anything happening in the Middle East. Check out the Africa Research Bulletin sometime if you want to read some really harrowing stuff.

Why are we really there...just ask yourself, what is the root of all evil in the world?

money. power. control.

if he had said 'payback' at least that would be somewhat convincing, but pretending it's for altruistic reasons is just ridiculous

we already established that this isn't the right thread to be arguing with idiots, so I guess I'll just ignore all of your posts

Zing! Way to go sweetheart bag. I cannot express the feelings I have knowing you are breathing the same supply of precious oxygen I am. The world is a beautiful place!

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 09:17:19 PM »
i see the pot calling the kettle black. you frequently stick your foot into the chasm of your mouth as clearly illustrated by your first comments.

how so? if it's so clearly illustrated you should be able to do better than a vague allusion to me being a hypocrite  :headscratch:

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
how so? if it's so clearly illustrated you should be able to do better than a vague allusion to me being a hypocrite  :headscratch:
wow, right over your big head? look again, and read slowly this time, i'm never vague and i never said a thing about hypocrite...
jarhed  

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »
wow, right over your big head? look again, and read slowly this time, i'm never vague and i never said a thing about hypocrite...

Uhh...lol...pot calling the kettle black = accusation of hypocrisy *facepalm*

I guess you should be on the list with SoonerMP

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »

money. power. control.

How is Afghanistan the path to power?

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 10:17:25 PM »
Uhh...lol...pot calling the kettle black = accusation of hypocrisy *facepalm*

I guess you should be on the list with SoonerMP
uh huh...full on clueless. i'll give you the benefit of the big boy crayons...

got a clear picture yet?
jarhed