Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 5178 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2012, 11:15:48 PM »
:rofl :rofl

I don't want to be around people now as it is...in that situation it would be just me and the kids.....in the woods in gillie suites with bows....never hear us...never see us....even in the middle of a herd.

errr....and the wife.....looking around to see where she is..... :uhoh
what ya need with ghillie suits? you would be better off with some sort of scent block and some base camo clothing...that is assuming the premise that zombies are visually impaired but they can smell you.  :rofl  i've been thinking a modified take down recurve with spare parts. pvc core aluminum arrows with 100gr broadheads. if i had an unlimited supply of arrows i'd do all diy explosive tips, maybe 22mag rat shot.

so, if zombies can be killed with a brain puncture...how is it that there are zombies with holes in their skulls/brains or half their heads missing?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »
what ya need with ghillie suits? you would be better off with some sort of scent block and some base camo clothing...that is assuming the premise that zombies are visually impaired but they can smell you.  :rofl  i've been thinking a modified take down recurve with spare parts. pvc core aluminum arrows with 100gr broadheads. if i had an unlimited supply of arrows i'd do all diy explosive tips, maybe 22mag rat shot.

so, if zombies can be killed with a brain puncture...how is it that there are zombies with holes in their skulls/brains or half their heads missing?

the gillie suit will make ya blend in....if they cant see ya, they cant get ya....as far as scent goes I would think after living out doors you wont smell so "Human"...same with hunting.... I would leave my hunting clothes outside in the ground....

I think being quit would be the most important to survival in that situation.....a bow would be perfect...I love crossbows but in that situation a bow would be better IMO.

head wounds maybe they happened while alive being attacked....so never had their zombie head destroyed... :headscratch:

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2012, 02:23:38 AM »
They need to build a zombie mill.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
Seems like the zombies are getting slower each season.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »
Seems like the zombies are getting slower each season.

My girlfriend noticed that too.  She also pointed out that in season 1 they looked almost human, almost.  Now they look a lot more decomposed. Is it possible that since they are dead and decomposing, eventually they will just fall apart and be gone? 

Another something to think on.  Do zombies breathe?  Since they are up and walking around I assume their muscles work.  Don't muscles require oxygen to function, thus requiring blood flow, thus requiring a working heart?  If this theroy is correct, wouldn't a heart or lung shot incapacitate a zombie?  Maybe not kill it since the brain is what comes back to life, but immobilize it.  Just something to think about. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »

you would think that after a week or two in the hot southern sun,they would just dehydrate

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
it's too humid in Georgia for that to happen.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
it's too humid in Georgia for that to happen.

yeah thats why we here in the south never have to drink water right  :rolleyes:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »
there is a bunch of things "questionable" with the whole zombie thing....but thats why its called imagination :D

in reality im thinking the bodies would eventually rot till nothing is left...but then what is keeping it alive?....once the flesh rots there would be no more zombie....

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 09:36:09 PM »
exactly what i was thinking.

Just for the record.  My previous post was not picking on the show or anything, just some stuff to think about. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29:02 PM »
 Ya, out in the elements non stop has got to be hard on the smelly muthas.

~AoM~

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2012, 06:26:36 AM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:36 AM »
Just started watching this with my GF,  on the first season now.  It is good so far.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »
According to Max Brook's writings, the virus that is at work is toxic to living creatures, even microbes and bacteria. This slows the natural rate of decay.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »
If the bones (skulls in particular) get weaker then a silenced .22LR pistol or rifle may be the way to go.  Having anything else bigger than that would be a waste of energy.  Think of it as using a sledgehammer to kill a bug. 

These discussions are getting fun.  LOL!   :)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.