Author Topic: Potential Billion Dollar Storm  (Read 4448 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Potential Billion Dollar Storm
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »
going on 25 hrs with no power, bsmt got about 2ft of water...heater and hot water heater are toast. Lost a few trees in the yard. Trying to save my  laptop and mifi batteries.....will post more later.

Alot of those friends i was mentioning in my earlier posts (the ones in Jersey giving me the weather info) have lost everything..homes, belongings, boats etc etc.....keep them in your thoughts or maybe say a little prayer for them................Id sure appreciate it guys  :salute

Matt

Praying for you all bailey, stay safe brother  :pray :pray :pray :pray
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2012, 05:52:17 PM »
going on 25 hrs with no power, bsmt got about 2ft of water...heater and hot water heater are toast. Lost a few trees in the yard. Trying to save my  laptop and mifi batteries.....will post more later.

Alot of those friends i was mentioning in my earlier posts (the ones in Jersey giving me the weather info) have lost everything..homes, belongings, boats etc etc.....keep them in your thoughts or maybe say a little prayer for them................Id sure appreciate it guys  :salute

Matt

where at in pa are you again? i'm wondering if i can reasonably get up that way to lend a hand?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »
Not making this trip,
 But there are LOTS of linemen on the way. My outfit has stripped us to the bone to man the travel crews, and more may happen.

Let them work folks, they will appreciate that more than anything else.

Thoughts with all affected, even those here at home.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »
Here is a map of outages just in PA and surrounding areas

http://outages.firstenergycorp.com/pa.html

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
     Man I'm sure glad I don't live in Morris County, NJ anymore...165,000+ with no power.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »
24 hours so far without power, trees came down all over my neighborhood. One was only 5 houses down. Flooding not too far away, glad I live on a hill. Missing a few shingles from my roof. Sucks not having electricity. Meanwhile, the street across has power. Dang you ConEdison. Hope everyone is safe.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »
where at in pa are you again? i'm wondering if i can reasonably get up that way to lend a hand?

Im in the Lehigh Valley (Center Valley) ....last time i checked PP&L had listed 122k homes without power in my county

. Appreciate the offer Cap, but im sure theres folks on your side of the river much worse off. Really cool of you though, and Id do it for you in a second were the tables turned.  

I think were all good here, Its like camping but inside....No heat,  but gas stove burners still work, so hot meals are a plus....that and i did a fairly large non perishable food run before this thing hit. And im a sucker for Campbells soup and peanutbutter sandwiches  LOL...... Kids are going a bit stir crazy....

Im getting alot of pics from friends down the shore..Im sitting here in awe of what im seeing......Ill post em up once i get power back.

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »
Im in the Lehigh Valley (Center Valley) ....last time i checked PP&L had listed 122k homes without power in my county

. Appreciate the offer Cap, but im sure theres folks on your side of the river much worse off. Really cool of you though, and Id do it for you in a second were the tables turned.  

I think were all good here, Its like camping but inside....No heat,  but gas stove burners still work, so hot meals are a plus....that and i did a fairly large non perishable food run before this thing hit. And im a sucker for Campbells soup and peanutbutter sandwiches  LOL...... Kids are going a bit stir crazy....

Im getting alot of pics from friends down the shore..Im sitting here in awe of what im seeing......Ill post em up once i get power back.

working on cleaning my own place, flooding in a few basements of the neighbors etc. Id love to come help Bailey but other than power I don't think im too too much better  :lol All ya can do is keep spirits high as make the best outta what ya got  :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2012, 08:09:36 PM »
Bridgeport's Sikorsky  airport is completely underwater right now. Both runways are unusable and clogged with debris. As a plus side those fn landing fee machines are definitely dead.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
working on cleaning my own place, flooding in a few basements of the neighbors etc. Id love to come help Bailey but other than power I don't think im too too much better  :lol All ya can do is keep spirits high as make the best outta what ya got  :aok
Thanks man...try and stay dry.I keep getting calls and reports from my fishing buddies over in the LBI
Sandy Hook and Atlantic Highlands areas.....I'm almost ashamed to even post my circumstances here. Compared to what they have going on...I'm living in a resort.
Thanks Cap...I'm sure you have your hands full on your side of the river....that and my road is blockek at both ends by trees....    I know Molsman lives about 20mins from me....wonder if hes in the dark?
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Chugamug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »
Finally heard from my mother who lives in Point Pleasant Beach. My mom and sisters first floors were flooded, and they lost all of their vehicles. My boat was pulled and blocked up on sunday, now it back in the water behind Spikes Fishery. Worse part about the boat is i removed the drain plug so it didn't fill with water.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »
Thanks man...try and stay dry.I keep getting calls and reports from my fishing buddies over in the LBI
Sandy Hook and Atlantic Highlands areas.....I'm almost ashamed to even post my circumstances here. Compared to what they have going on...I'm living in a resort.Thanks Cap...I'm sure you have your hands full on your side of the river....that and my road is blockek at both ends by trees....    I know Molsman lives about 20mins from me....wonder if hes in the dark?

i has a jeep. i can get through anything.

that said, i got off easy, as did most of my family/friends/customers. i can't find anything showing the path the hurricane actually took, but if it went near milleville as it was predicted, that put it pretty darn close to me. i think that was a blessing in disguise, judging by the sounds of things in central/north jersey.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:03 PM »
Mbailey

sorry to hear.... :pray

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2012, 06:13:23 AM »
Seems most of us inland did well. There are a lot of trees/branches knocked down.
I lost power for 2 hours, biggest thing was losing the internet til this A.M.
The Shore near Atlantic City, as well as most of Jersey Shore, is trashed.
Honestly, seemed like just another run of the mill Nor'Easter here 15 miles NE of Philly.

:cheers: Oz                                                                              
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:16:41 AM by ozrocker »
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »
saw some of the images / video on the news, 

Hope you guys are all doing ok.   
The Few ***
F.P.H