Author Topic: tired of scumbag manuvers  (Read 8736 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: tired of scumbag manuvers
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
*contemplates new year's resolution involving only flying below 300 feet, no faster than 150mph, and claiming moral high ground when people attack me because they had an advantage*

You put yourself in a bad situation, people will take advantage.  As it should be.

What about jumping a p51 that is at 30k over tank town who decided he didn't need to look up........from 40,000 feet?

Hehe, I've been on both ends of that one.  Sometimes I'll form up with the guy.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »
Exiting the fight and returning to kill someone you missed is an absolute certainty...everyone has done it....everyone.  The lure is too great and you've probably gotten yourself tangled up with another con and that makes it even more appealing!! Lmfao
clearly the game to you is about the kill. To me, it's about the fight.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »
easy one.. b/c badguys landing gear up presents less time the vulcher has to vulch.. take for instance the other night.. I'm landing my wounded plane and Pand swoops down and tries to vulch me landing.. He was actually one of two to make the attempt.. They both fail and I exit and laugh.. Had I landed wheels down I believe pand might have gotten me.. Yup, I think that was the closest Pand has gotten in a long time..  :D

Pending the situation around me, I'll often *attempt* to finish a kill once they've been damaged to the point they decide they need to land.  I wounded 4 aircraft that run that took solid hits and then immediately rtb'd (the smart thing to do).  Unfortunately, my 4x50's don't punch like the German spud tossers.  Anyway, nice short landing, I just started getting pings right when you disappeared!   :bolt:

Yup, I think that was the closest Pand has gotten in a long time..  :D

Not that long ago... What were you doing in that thing anyway :P

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2012, 03:25:39 PM »
I have no problem at all shooting up a damaged aircraft, they always have the option to bail out before I open fire if they don't want to be killed.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »
Quotes from Hagakure next time then Guv'nor  :old:

I myself don't get bent out of shape and I'm no longer surprised what I see in Aces High even from members of the most long standing and so-called 'prestigious' squadrons. But let's agree to call a spade a spade shall we: hosing a damaged plane who is trying to land, for instance, is simply to do with getting another 'kill' by any means possible rather than earning it through skill & hard work.

Can I ask you a question SF, I looked up your score and plane choices. I don't know how long you've flown for but would you say your ACM is less that tip top?

I prefer it when you sound like Musashi .

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »
Nothing could be further from the truth .

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
Nothing could be further from the truth .
I hate scumbag maneuvers too, like when guys rocket my f4u4 in the DA with a tbm.......................... .................

:noid :noid :noid
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »
Not really sure why the OP is looking for a great fight in the MA, so I understand there are many other (and better) places to find such. Furthermore, the ganging up on one side that has been going for awhile will have me killing you (if your not on my team) in any way, anywhere at any time. Not complaining about it, what goes around will come around.

I can understand wanting to have a great fight, someday when my ACM improves I'll look forward to those. But I've come to understand the MA is not the optimal place to find such. I have a recent thread about HO's and the kind ppl here pointed me in the right direction, I think the same has been offered to you.

I was shot down recently while not paying attention and trying to land (land kills)  on a base one sector away from a semi-large furball; frustrating yes, but was my fault for not looking to see if the base was flashing while I was coming in. Then it occurred to me, I'm sure that is a tactic employed by many; to catch ppl leaving/landing furball kills.

The force is strong in this young BBS jedi. Well done young one. Your wisdom is universal and flows over into the etiquette post as well.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »

Youre nuts.  I can spend all night in the DA with you 1 v 1 win or lose.   Ask your squadmates who is rarely above 7K but on the deck immediately looking for a fight...hell, ask the guys I fly with!  I've heard, "why are you down there???" about a gazillion times.  I was commenting on your observation and how naive it is.

If you're all about the fight, I will be more than happy to spend lots of time in the DA with you, win or lose...we can "it's all about the fight" all night long.  We'll see how much about the fight you are.  This isn't a manly tough guy comment...it's just an invite to fight if you're so inclined to do as you say.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:42:05 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »

The force is strong in this young BBS jedi. Well done young one. Your wisdom is universal and flows over into the etiquette post as well.

Good evening Mr Muzik!  Long time, no see sir....if you're back in the air I'd like some quality DA time please.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »
Good evening Mr Muzik!  Long time, no see sir....if you're back in the air I'd like some quality DA time please.

Evenin.

I don't shade bud, cept maybe for a month or so to get my feet wet. If I was playing, gladly.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »
Evenin.

I don't shade bud, cept maybe for a month or so to get my feet wet. If I was playing, gladly.

Well come on back...lots of others have lately.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2012, 08:24:11 PM »

Not that long ago... What were you doing in that thing anyway :P

It was an imposter.. I swear!  :D
- TWBYDHAS

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »
Well come on back...lots of others have lately.

Still got a project keeping me occupied. Will stop by someday, when I accomplished what I set out to do.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »
Still got a project keeping me occupied. Will stop by someday, when I accomplished what I set out to do.

Good luck MUZIK.  If memory serves, it was a noble, entertaining endeavor.