Author Topic: Henschel 129  (Read 13782 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Henschel 129
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
There was a 110C version with the Mk101 pod under the fuslage. But, for tank busters. You do know we have about run the gamut of purpose built ww2 gun platform tank busters? The Hs129 is the last unless Hitech OK's the IL10 and it only carried 23mm main guns relying on bombs for tanks. It's strength was it's improved speed and manuverability in WW2 terms over the IL2.

Bustr,

you're forgetting the 110g's that carried the 37mm in a central pod!  It had 66 rounds available and was loaded much like the 20mm's in the 110C. IMHO it would be a formatable GV killer.

:salute

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 04:57:50 PM »
I would love to have this plane in the game :) I have been having tons of fun in the Ju87G2  :banana: :banana:

Standard armament of the Hs-129 B-1 was 2 151/20  and 2 Mg17's.

Standard Bomb load was 4 SC50's
...in addition 2 SC50 <1 on each wing>  or  1 SC250 and 2 SC50 or 96 S2's and/or 48 S2  <24 on each wing>.

These were special weapons:
Rack of 4 MG17's
MK101 and Mk103
Several <25> B-3's were Factory equipped with the Bk 7.5 and a few more B-2 were converted to B-3's
I believe 6 had the SG113A mortar pkg

And to answer Titanic's question:

1. It was the only designated <built to be> Tank killer of the war.
2. 2 engines Gnône-Rhône 14M radial engines operated in different directions and were delivered in pairs
3. Several armament options <see above>
 :aok

HS129 Panzerjager
Martin Pegg

...And if Pyro should decide he likes it ... I have 4 handbuchs for immediate delivery  :pray  :salute
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:19:16 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 07:13:36 PM »
Never said it has to be "substantially better". Just offer something new. What can the Hs129 offer over the Ju87G , Hurri2D or Il-2?

Run on two engines.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:40 PM »

Hs-129 B-2
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
^ "Duck season! Fire!"
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Frod

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
 :aok Very cool!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »
Never said it has to be "substantially better". Just offer something new. What can the Hs129 offer over the Ju87G , Hurri2D or Il-2?

30mm Mk101s (the 410's fast, flat, accurate 30mms) firing AP rounds, which IIRC could punch through something like 80+mm at close range and zero slope.

Also, the 75mm BK 7,5 firing AP rounds if HTC is generous. Imagine it: one-shotting T-34's out as far as you can hit them.

Oh, and more options for internal bombs. Something like 10 50kg bombs in the bomb bay.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:42:35 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 11:03:48 PM »
And once people realize that this thing flies like a brick...it turns into another hangar queen. Yes yes, people will still use it, although I'd rather have something that will be more useful. That doesn't mean late war über monster.

Re.2005
Ki-43
Ki-44
B-17F
Mossie Tsetse
P-61
He-111
Ju-188
Ki-84 Otsu
Wellington
J2M
D4Y2
Meteor (debatable)
Whirlwind

Most of these are not the top tier planes in the same category as the La-7, Spit16, 109K4, 190D, P51D, F4U4, and Tempest are in. If they were added, most would have ENY of 10 or higher. And what's more, they'll actually see some use in the MA because they are competent enough to kill other planes. The Hs129 would be killed the moment another plane looked at it. And really, when have you seen a GV battle without some sort of air cover around it? It happens, but too rare to matter.

But whatever, if HTC decides to add the Hs 129, no big deal. Just don't expect it to be the Il-2 with two engines.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 12:29:57 AM »
With the sudden increase in T34 single shot skeet champions in commander mode, I've had to pull my IL2 convergence in to 450 and dive in at 60-70degrees to avoid becoming T34 76mm wirbel fodder. I'm aslo getting hit by T34 skeet champions in commander mode from 800-1000 leading me with the 76mm when I'm circling.

That's a tad bit of a cheezy gunnery mode similare to a certain ace in the IL2 when he was using F3 to cause cons to over shoot near the deck allowing him to pull up under them point blank. I'm having trouble lately telling the M8 from an ostie sometimes when they hide in the trees covering their icon and tracking planes like an ostie and killing them. Recently I thought I was circling an ostie in the trees who's driver wanted to save ammo and was slow tapping shots very accuratly at planes killing them. Kind of negates rockets since for the most part they were only accurate on tanks at 600 and closer. I've been watching tiffy taken out more often by T34 drivers in commander mode lately than the tiffy killing the T34 when the pilots hold their fire untill 800-600.

So today you can't see the icon untill you feed yourself into a GV's commander mode main cannon skeet shooting range. Tank commanders didn't stick their heads out when fighters were near by because anyone exposed could be straffed including random rounds entering through the hatch. We don't even get to kill the crew member manning the top MG and getting close enough to accuratly machine gun that MG inactive simply places us inside the commander mode skeet shooting range. The numbers of GV drivers in the game who have figured this out is growing. Cheezy, like giving fighters F3 mode.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »
And once people realize that this thing flies like a brick...it turns into another hangar queen. Yes yes, people will still use it, although I'd rather have something that will be more useful. That doesn't mean late war über monster.

Re.2005
Ki-43
Ki-44
B-17F
Mossie Tsetse
P-61
He-111
Ju-188
Ki-84 Otsu
Wellington
J2M
D4Y2
Meteor (debatable)
Whirlwind

Most of these are not the top tier planes in the same category as the La-7, Spit16, 109K4, 190D, P51D, F4U4, and Tempest are in. If they were added, most would have ENY of 10 or higher. And what's more, they'll actually see some use in the MA because they are competent enough to kill other planes. The Hs129 would be killed the moment another plane looked at it. And really, when have you seen a GV battle without some sort of air cover around it? It happens, but too rare to matter.

But whatever, if HTC decides to add the Hs 129, no big deal. Just don't expect it to be the Il-2 with two engines.

I'd much rather have the HS-129 before any of those and before that I would like to see 2 count em 2 country's added to our game

Australia and France  :aok

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »
^ "Duck season! Fire!"

haha it does ... doesn't

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »
With the sudden increase in T34 single shot skeet champions in commander mode, I've had to pull my IL2 convergence in to 450 and dive in at 60-70degrees to avoid becoming T34 76mm wirbel fodder. I'm aslo getting hit by T34 skeet champions in commander mode from 800-1000 leading me with the 76mm when I'm circling.

That's a tad bit of a cheezy gunnery mode similare to a certain ace in the IL2 when he was using F3 to cause cons to over shoot near the deck allowing him to pull up under them point blank. I'm having trouble lately telling the M8 from an ostie sometimes when they hide in the trees covering their icon and tracking planes like an ostie and killing them. Recently I thought I was circling an ostie in the trees who's driver wanted to save ammo and was slow tapping shots very accuratly at planes killing them. Kind of negates rockets since for the most part they were only accurate on tanks at 600 and closer. I've been watching tiffy taken out more often by T34 drivers in commander mode lately than the tiffy killing the T34 when the pilots hold their fire untill 800-600.

So today you can't see the icon untill you feed yourself into a GV's commander mode main cannon skeet shooting range. Tank commanders didn't stick their heads out when fighters were near by because anyone exposed could be straffed including random rounds entering through the hatch. We don't even get to kill the crew member manning the top MG and getting close enough to accuratly machine gun that MG inactive simply places us inside the commander mode skeet shooting range. The numbers of GV drivers in the game who have figured this out is growing. Cheezy, like giving fighters F3 mode.

I down with ya Bustr ...1 of the most BS aspects of the game.. A Tank shooting Plane w/Main gun... complete horsecrap In all my research I have found exactly 1 recorded incidence of this happening in all of WWII. ...but as you say some of the skeet shooters have really taken advantage. Almost as bad as the 109Krutch4 players.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 05:22:15 PM »
Im for the He 129, but I wouldn't hold high hopes for it, and it would be a hangar queen withouth its burdensome AT cannon pods.  Primarily though it looks at a glance like it'll have limited range and be grossly underpowered and VERY slow (700hp engines, 253mph top speed @ altitude, clean).

In comparison, our 110C weighs just over 1k pounds more while empty and had DB engines that produced at least 1,085hp each, and a top speed of 348mph.

I suspect the 410 with heavy cannon loadouts and lighter fuel loaduts on the deck is going to be vastly superior in handling and performance than the Hs 129 equiped with a cannon pod.

I would rather ask for more Ju-88s instead of a Hs 129 (not to hijack, but it might be a "fix" for the big-gun craze others have in this thread), including maybe a Ju-88P which did have some heavy cannons (although they were perceived as failures for their roles...  same was said of the 410 though, it was perceived overall as a failure FWIW).

Quote from: Wiki
Anti-tank and anti-bomber variant with single Bordkanone series 75 mm (2.95 in), 50 mm (2 in), or twin 37 mm (1.46 in) calibre cannon in conformal ventral fuselage gun pod mount, which mandated removal of the Bola gondola under the cockpit section, conversion of A-series bomber. Produced in small series only, they were perceived as a failure for both anti-tank and anti-bomber use.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:44:36 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 05:28:11 PM »
He 111 for events
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »
For events, I'd rather see the Hs 129 instead of a Ju-88P.

Why? The Ju-88P couldn't kill vehicles as effectively, would probably be about as bad, if not worse for performance, and you can't use it for a Kursk scenario.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"