Author Topic: Henschel 129  (Read 13956 times)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: Henschel 129
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 08:27:39 AM »
The Hs 129 had two French 700hp Gnome-Rhone 14M motors because they were available. The plane was underpowered but still had a good gun and enjoyed success as a tank killer. I am all for new planes like the Hs 129 or new armor like the StuG III or the Hetzer JagdPanzer.   

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
German wikipedia has Data from the military archive in Freiburg regarding Ju 88P
P-1: 20+18 rebuilt from A-4
P-4: 25 rebuilt from A-4

By march 1944 10 P-4 were delivered, P-1 series was obviously completed earlier
http://www.luftwaffe.no/SIG/RLM/RLMMar44.html

Not Obviously! Show me any where the -1 were used in combat besides being tested at Poltava . What are there werk numbers?

Your missing the -2 and -3 which came out of those. I have explained it ^above. There were a total of 32-33 Ju88P's -1 thru-4 completed period. :aok

Your luft list fails to show any ju-88p-1 -2 -3 at all.

However it does show 674 Hs-129b2 :aok

Keep Help-in Him,
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:37:36 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:41 PM »
Well Bibalonian

1st of all they were ordered not completed...... and there were 90 -4's ordered and 10 made.

(Image removed from quote.)

I have already shared 1 of my resources :aok

Thanks for playing  :ahand

BTW you should try a few books instead of the wiki

All Ju88Ps were converted from stock A-4s.  Danke!!!!   :D   I love inadvertent help/foot-in-mouthing.  (and about that wiki information, see the Ju88 thread in teh wishlist forum that "you made for me".)

Does the Hs-129 thread's persisting residence in the General Forum instead of the Wishlist anything like how all of Lance Armstrong's books now all reside in Fiction rather instead of Non-Fiction?   :devil  :noid

nyuk nyuk
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:46:38 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »
Waaaiiitttt for It!!

Next release:

He111
Yak3

Hs129 would be harder for the T34 commander mode one shot skeet shooters to hit. Il2 and Ju87G2 guns become effective at the same range that a commander mode one shot kill becomes 75% or better probability. Especially the more passes you have to make to account for Internet Lag. So you are flying yourself right down their barrel.

The guns approach and firing distance is historicly accurat. Commander mode one shot skeet shooting is Star Wars gey as heck for xBox kiddies. This game is in general so well balanced for accuracy versus play, then this MechWar garbage. Is Aces High about to be ported to xBox or something and needs an easy mode tool for the grade schoolers to keep their parents happy about $14.95 a month?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »
Waaaiiitttt for It!!

Next release:

He111
Yak3

Hs129 would be harder for the T34 commander mode one shot skeet shooters to hit. Il2 and Ju87G2 guns become effective at the same range that a commander mode one shot kill becomes 75% or better probability. Especially the more passes you have to make to account for Internet Lag. So you are flying yourself right down their barrel.

The guns approach and firing distance is historicly accurat. Commander mode one shot skeet shooting is Star Wars gey as heck for xBox kiddies. This game is in general so well balanced for accuracy versus play, then this MechWar garbage. Is Aces High about to be ported to xBox or something and needs an easy mode tool for the grade schoolers to keep their parents happy about $14.95 a month?

If you don't want to get shot down by a tank, don't fly straight into its main gun.  Despite what you and FlyinFool think, it has been shown through posting of official accounts that tanks did fire at low level attacking planes with their main gun and at least in one case, was successful in bringing down a plane.

Please try and keep your response to less than 500 words, I tend to fall asleep reading your long verbose posts.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
Thats OK Ack Ack, recent MRI testing is finding college students brains go on snooze after a single paragraph unless the topic is something that really turns on their intrest in puerile ways. The testing is a result of ongoing issues with the inablilty for many to communicate in more than a paragraph or make any two paragraphs in the same paper effectively relate to each other. 

I always thought you were a bit older than that.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
He probably is; you're just boring, and a tad pedantic, in this particular case without any real knowledge of the subject it would seem.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
If you don't want to get shot down by a tank, don't fly straight into its main gun.  Despite what you and FlyinFool think, it has been shown through posting of official accounts that tanks did fire at low level attacking planes with their main gun and at least in one case, was successful in bringing down a plane.

Please try and keep your response to less than 500 words, I tend to fall asleep reading your long verbose posts.

ack-ack

Still FlyinHigh up there Ack?

1  They can shoot at me all day long, I don't care... but YOU can only provide 1 instance ONE in all off ww2  and you say its good?  :rofl

You sound like the fool to me.  :aok

It just didn't happen and shouldn't in the game.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »
How can you remove it?  If the projectile intersects the aircraft it is a hit, unless you want to do a gamey solution such as making aircraft immune to tank shells.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 10:19:59 PM »
How can you remove it?  If the projectile intersects the aircraft it is a hit, unless you want to do a gamey solution such as making aircraft immune to tank shells.

Remove the ability to fire in commander mode.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »
35 tank to air kills this tour may qualify me to speak on this, though I doubt all were main gun shots, (some pintle gun, some proxies) I dare say a majority of them were main gun shots.......... all made from the gunner's position, as they flew right into my barrel, with an occasional lucky lead shot.   :aok  :ahand

:salute Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:36 PM »
I don't have a problem with this kind of gameplay either (I don't bother with GVs for the most part, that includes bombing them). Just a reply to Karnak's question. Unrealistic? Yea. But so is a whole lot of other stuff in AH. Remember, it's not a flight sim, it's a game with realistic modeling. There is a difference.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 08:08:02 AM »

^^^this^^^
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 08:15:46 AM »
35 tank to air kills this tour may qualify me to speak on this,

Ok, it qualifies you to speak on it but I didn't see you making a single argument/point regarding the issue? :headscratch: Was your only reason for posting that you've scored 35 kills in a tank this tour?
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »
- Centerline main weapon (MK103) with 100 rounds.

I must correct myself here...

In the operating instructions of the MK103 for the Hs129 it says the following:

Einlegen des Vollgurtes mit 80 Schuß nach Beladeschema am Vollgurtkasten.

My German is very very poor but as I understand it, it basically says: "Place ammunition belt with 80 rounds into the ammunition container as detailed in the diagram."

So in my understanding, 80 rounds instead of 100. The 100 rounds probably came from reading MK103-document regarding Me410. It'd be nice if someone with better handle on German would comment if I got the translation anywhere near correct.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!