Author Topic: ummm the GV game is lame  (Read 3558 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: ummm the GV game is lame
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 12:34:35 PM »
Thank you.

That's one of two suggestions I would make (outside of changing the hardness of objects and letting shrubberies flip tanks)...

1) Make the spawn areas about 5x bigger, so campers can't play whack-a-mole so easily, and

2) give a 10 second delay from the time someone hits .ef in a GV til the vehicle towers to prevent dooshnozzles who like to sit on concrete in perk tanks from being 100% invinceable.

Chalenge's spirited justification of sitting on the concrete in a Tiger2 aside....nearly ALL gv sorties involve YOU spawning to THEIR base, or THEM spawning to YOUR base, because that's where nearly all spawns go. There's a few (intermediate spawns) on Trinity, and on the newer maps...but no one spawns perk tanks to certain death, giving a huge advantage to.....Tiger2's sitting on concrete.....having spawns meet in the middle of nowhere fixes that
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:53:12 PM by bj229r »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 06:39:37 PM »
Challenge, that notion is just downright ignorant. The Tiger II, while admittedly being the best line-anchor in the game, is far far more than that.

Move it FOREWARD, and its effectiveness increases unless airpower arrives.. Not only are you completely disregarding the potential for defense in depth, terrain, and choke points, but you're forgetting the psychological aspect of things too.

A Tiger II moving up makes most enemies pull back, and gives everyone else not in a Tiger II a boost in morale.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:15 PM »
Welcome to like....ten years ago.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
You know what man, that's a great idea. I've never even thought about there being a trainer for GVs. I have no idea about sighting or anything. I just seen over in the training forums that WWhiskey is taking on folks for training too. I think I'll look into that. Tnx Fugi!  :salute
check your PM's  :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »
I was helping in the training arena for GV's for few years now, there just wasn't enough interest in GV's - mainly because of no trainers or lack of.

I used to post random Gatherings for GV training, but there was always very little turn out.
JG 52

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
Thank you.

That's one of two suggestions I would make (outside of changing the hardness of objects and letting shrubberies flip tanks)...

1) Make the spawn areas about 5x bigger, so campers can't play whack-a-mole so easily, and

2) give a 10 second delay from the time someone hits .ef in a GV til the vehicle towers to prevent dooshnozzles who like to sit on concrete in perk tanks from being 100% invinceable.

Agree, agree, and agree some more! 

Spawn camping is for arcade players.  Like hoarding it is lame. I cant figure out how people think it is fun.  Call be odd but to me, at least while on the defensive, the most fun performing a blocking action while the enemy tanks roll towards your field and there you sit waiting for them to roll in.  Being in a Panther and engaging targets at 2000 yards with success if a good time, and having that wee bit of panic realizing that something is flanking and you dont have a shot on it.  Hopefully your countrymen can pick up the slack.   :)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »
A Tiger II moving up makes most enemies pull back, and gives everyone else not in a Tiger II a boost in morale.

That is until the bombers arrive to kill you. Once those 1800 Kg eggs are out your arse is grass.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl I Love it!!!! :aok :rofl :rofl :rofl Never thought of it that way. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline ddotS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
Then again, I don't GV nearly as
much since the GV changes. Still like and miss the  :old: way, ability to change gears
when needed.

Agreed. Bring back old GV style!
Stodd. ~~No Evil~~
POTW
Not back

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »
I don't GV much, but I have to say the old GV model was more immersive. It felt as if you were in the tank, particularly when in the driver's seat.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »
I don't GV much, but I have to say the old GV model was more immersive. It felt as if you were in the tank, particularly when in the driver's seat.

I total agree 100% ... you can drive from any position now that's realistic  :rolleyes:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:23 PM »

Wassup Stodd! :neener:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
Yeah why did HTC make the GV changes to begin with. Seems to me they weren't broke so why fix them?  :headscratch:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Yeah why did HTC make the GV changes to begin with. Seems to me they weren't broke so why fix them?  :headscratch:

Two main reasons:

First, by removing the need to model the tank interior, the amount of work needed for new additions was reduced (=more output)
Second, the new control system made tanking much more accessible especially to new players. The WASD control is a universal convention for (almost?) decades now, and also think about how many gamers that stumble across Aces High do have a joystick at all?
Now they can at least jump into a GV and drive. In some way you can almost say the controls were 'broke' before.

And while I personally would have loved HTC moving inot the opposite direction (more interior modeling, more 'fidelity' and options) - these GV changes were a big success. GV usage went right up.

And that's why

will never happen.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:58:47 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »
:lol

Dang Chalenge, how much do you have to suck to get everyone riled up? At least Midway is funny. You're just laugh out loud sad.

Titanic if you had half a brain I might be concerned that your analysis was simply misguided, but instead I'm laughing at you for taking yourself serious at all. You are completely unable to broker any type of realistic analysis, and your opinion is nothing more than a whine that anyone might disagree with you.

Now hush and go take your meds.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.