Author Topic: No Icons for enemy  (Read 10663 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: No Icons for enemy
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »
I like the idea, but you make a good point. The solution could be some kind of minor visual cue that lets you know who's friendly. Not a full icon, but maybe a small dot in place of the icon or a colored outline of the friendly a/c.

hate the idea of the plane being "outlined in red" blaaaaa

A red dot would work perfect....if its real close say within 100 it disappears, that close no need for icon

although that is a lot of updating for the CPU, something like that may not be feasible

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2013, 11:35:19 PM »
hate the idea of the plane being "outlined in red" blaaaaa

A red dot would work perfect....if its real close say within 100 it disappears, that close no need for icon

although that is a lot of updating for the CPU, something like that may not be feasible

Yea, I don't particularly care for any kinds of markings on my screen either. I don't even like the text buffer there. Minimal is best, whatever it would be.

CPU updating, if you're talking about the icon/dot going off and on, my guess is since the screen is updated constantly anyhow, adding or removing the icon would be insignificant.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »
ok, so on the current map, there is a tank town, which sucks the life out of any kind of air to air combat. how about since there are barely any airfights on a map with a tank town, just get rid of the enemy icons on these types of maps. thank you hitech sir.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »
Guess I gotta give props for persistence.  :lol

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
An ideal place for no enemy Icon testing in a micro environment if you really need to piss players off. DA Furball Lake. At least make the enemy Icon a red dot to start with to get the regulars up to speed. Cold Turkey will probably drive them out day one. It would be the most realistic test of the LWMA with adequate numbers without offending the real LWMA players and killing subscriptions you can get.

Hitech can put in a disclaimer popup when you enter the DA.

Hello this is Hitech.

Enemy Icons Off brought to you by seano and muzik.
PM them if you are not happy with the results.
PM me to change it back before canceling your account.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »
ok, so on the current map, there is a tank town, which sucks the life out of any kind of air to air combat. how about since there are barely any airfights on a map with a tank town, just get rid of the enemy icons on these types of maps. thank you hitech sir.
if i am correct the settings are for all arenas if you shut it off on one map it will effect all maps you wish would require that everytime a TT map comes up they will have to change settings so NO!
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2013, 08:00:20 PM »

Create a custom arena, turn off icons and all 5 of you that want no icons can have a place to play.  Simple solution to a simple problem.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »
if i am correct the settings are for all arenas if you shut it off on one map it will effect all maps you wish would require that everytime a TT map comes up they will have to change settings so NO!

Your wrong, its an arena setting so it can be changed in one arena..... like it was in the AvA arena

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »
Your wrong, its an arena setting so it can be changed in one arena..... like it was in the AvA arena

Like it is in the AvA arena!  And yes, you're right, it is arena dependent.

- oldman

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »

Like it is in the AvA arena!  And yes, you're right, it is arena dependent.

- oldman

the ava is dead because of the limited plane set. the only true way to test run this is to have a real main arena, where perk points can count and get added.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
What does perk points have to do with anything? Most people will NOT play the game with out icons. Just like MOST people will not play the game i n the dark.

Id bet you could set up a custom arena and advertise the crap out of it and you wouldn't be able to fill it. There just isn't enough people that want it to make it worth while.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »
What does perk points have to do with anything? Most people will NOT play the game with out icons. Just like MOST people will not play the game i n the dark.

Id bet you could set up a custom arena and advertise the crap out of it and you wouldn't be able to fill it. There just isn't enough people that want it to make it worth while.

A night only, no icon, double perk earning arena.  :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2013, 06:18:05 PM »
A lot of us cut our teeth on this game that had this kind of icon system. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2013, 01:22:37 AM »

making perks count will get players in the arena. no one wants to play for nothing.

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2013, 01:24:02 AM »
A lot of us cut our teeth on this game that had this kind of icon system. 

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

its been so long, that must be air warrior. if its an early version of aces high, someone was definitely infringing on copyrights.