Author Topic: NEW DELL for ACES Hi ?  (Read 2570 times)

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
NEW DELL for ACES Hi ?
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:40:10 PM »
HI ALL: Would appreciate some suggestions on buying a new DELL comp for AcesHi. Need not be the most expensive but addiquate.
Help would be appreciated.
SWINGER
GEAGLER

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: NEW DELL for ACES Hi ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
The best I can suggest is not buying a Dell to begin with. Build your own or have someone you trust build it for you. You will get better components at the same or less price of a Dell.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:57:11 PM by SilverZ06 »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 02:59:31 PM »
The best I can suggest is not buying a Dell to begin with. Build your own or have someone you trust build it for you. You will get better components at the same or less price of a Dell.
best advice... +1   :aok
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
I played on 2 Dells.  Was afraid to build my own.  After a lot of research and help from this board, I built my own.  It works very well.  I could not have afforded a Dell or any other brand name that comes close.  When I started researching, I did not know what the current components were.  My Dell was over 6 years old so I was wayyy out of date.  If I could do it, anyone can!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »

Dell ist gut.

There will be a knock on your door shortly!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:50:46 AM »
best advice... +1   :aok
Highly agreed +1  :aok

Here's a "why?": Dell and any other widespread brand don't make dedicated gaming computers. Their idea is to standardize to the max to decrease manufacturing costs. In the lower price categories that means using outdated and/or underpowered components, balancing the rig so that nothing can be upgraded without having half of the innards changed. Their "professional" models are of better quality, but they are stripped to the minimum, often even lacking a graphics card slot.

If you don't want to build yourself, look for either a local builder shop or an Internet builder, who give you the option to make changes to their suggestions. I've seen sites that have literally dozens of slightly differing options, starting from a budget rig and ending to a gaming monster in increasing order. Such sites make it easy to figure the total cost and the cost effect of replacing only one part. Unfortunately I can't give you any addresses, I only know one reliable net shop here in Finland and one good looking in Italy, but do some research and you'll surely find one at your whereabouts.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:09:45 AM »
Thanks for the advise, will be interested in self build.
GEAGLER

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
Here's the addresses to both the Italian and Finnish sites I mentioned. They might give you some advice about combinations vs. prices. A similar site near your whereabouts might give more accurate details, but anyway you'll get some ideas scrolling through them.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »
Here's the addresses to both the Italian and Finnish sites I mentioned. They might give you some advice about combinations vs. prices. A similar site near your whereabouts might give more accurate details, but anyway you'll get some ideas scrolling through them.

I wonder if anyone is going to actually buy the 10 000+ euro (14000 USD+) setup :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 10:51:14 PM »
I wonder if anyone is going to actually buy the 10 000+ euro (14000 USD+) setup :D
*looking at Ripley as a possible suspect*  :neener:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 11:17:06 PM »
*looking at Ripley as a possible suspect*  :neener:

Nah I would never spend that much even if I could charge it on the company - and I build my own.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 11:20:01 PM »
I don't think Dell is bad but if I had the money I would go with Tildeath. Just an excellent builder and very customer conscious.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:20 AM »
 :aok
I don't think Dell is bad but if I had the money I would go with Tildeath. Just an excellent builder and very customer conscious.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »
WHO IS TILDEATH???
GEAGLER

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 12:07:57 AM »
WHO IS TILDEATH???

He's a bit of a controversial person. Some absolutely love him and praise his computer building services, some accuse him as a fraudster and post old mugshots. Overall I think the amount of satisfied customers is higher than the angry ones on this forum so far :)

Use forum search, you'll be likely to find more info.