Author Topic: Horror Stories  (Read 2144 times)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Horror Stories
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll keep him in my prayers. Stay strong.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »
My 8 day old son spiked a fever last night in the hospital. Preliminary tests show it is meningitis. He was rushed out of my wife's recovery room and straight into the neonatal ICU. He will spend the next 10-14 days undergoing antibiotic treatment through an IV. Hopefully he doesn't suffer long term damage that is usually associated with meningitis in infants.  :cry

I'm so sorry to hear that.  My best wishes for that little guy and for you and you wife.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »
Getting set on fire by a 303. Round whilst diving on 6 ju88's :bhead :furious
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
Biggest horror story would have to be when I had taken my Tiger II out to defend the base (and by that, I mean I intended to take a buddy of two with me, hit them in the flank, and roll them back to the spawn).

We had just smashed into their flank when we see the base had been captured. In our haste to counterattack, we had neglected to check to see if base ask was up. So we're caught between a spawn with a bunch of pissed off bad guys, and a base who's first hanger is about to pop. Now, this isn't open terrain, the base and spawn were nestled in between two fair sized hills. That means our only real way out was back over the base, with manned 17lbers.

How it ends: I poke me head out and pop the guns, since they could only tickle me at that range.

Hangers about to pop, I can't make it in time. So I cover the two Panthers with me as they flee. Once the get clear, I turn around again and trundle at the horde, determined to take as many of the lemmings with me as my 62ton carcass plummeted down to hell. Unnerved by my charge, some flee. Encouraged, I press on, miss an M4(75) hiding in a barn, and get popped in the flank.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
Well told tale, Tank  :aok

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 03:36:03 PM »
Other night I was diving in my 262 (with the perks I saved up for) on what I thought was a Bish horde, however my thrustmaster hotas did something it never did before - jerked to hard..

I got a "moving controls to rapid" and I was diving down on a large base where buffs just upped.

Want to guess what happened to those 217 perks?
JG 52

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 04:23:54 PM »
Three white horses' fell into mud.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 04:28:46 PM »
My 8 day old son spiked a fever last night in the hospital. Preliminary tests show it is meningitis. He was rushed out of my wife's recovery room and straight into the neonatal ICU. He will spend the next 10-14 days undergoing antibiotic treatment through an IV. Hopefully he doesn't suffer long term damage that is usually associated with meningitis in infants.  :cry

oh man....... :(

my prayers are with you and yours  :pray

if ya need someone to talk to I have good ears....PM me anytime bud...stay strong :salute

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:16 PM »
Me and Zack decided decided to hang out one night and we took a trip down to the Thames. We found this pair of girls and we decided to go back to the hotel....wait wrong horror  :bolt:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »
Enabling auto climb in a 262 right after takeoff.  :bhead

I know I'm not alone in this :lol

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 07:52:35 AM »
I went to the fridge looking for some pulled pork I smoked a few days ago. It was gone. The housemate said she gave it to the dogs.

Horrido!  :bhead :cry :furious

Id say the Housemate goes to the dogs lol....NOBODY throws away my good BBQ  :furious
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »

Hope all is well with babby and momma. Sick kids are no joke. Good Luck to you and your family sir.
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »
Me and Zack decided decided to hang out one night and we took a trip down to the Thames. We found this pair of girls and we decided to go back to the hotel....wait wrong horror  :bolt:

Musta been a case of them not being girls after all!  :x

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:12 PM »
Musta been a case of them not being girls after all!  :x

All the Best...

Jay
  :huh
howed you know? :noid :noid :noid
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »
Was one of those days i have been waiting for. Log on look at perks and think oh yes. I finally have enough to fly a 262 in the ma take off slow right climbing turn, heart pounding then a message lost host connection. Yell in frustration and look at modem dam cat has pulled power cord :(. Well i guess ill just have to earn more perks lol.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil