Author Topic: Grounded for good.  (Read 10448 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Grounded for good.
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
Midway why don't you start your own thread instead of trolling in this thread all you had to do is make your single post but no you have to continue to post all over and over like the childish little attention seeking troll you are... why don't you do with all the favor and go back to your hiding under the bridge.

I'm simply responding to posts addressed to me (such as yours) or responding to good ideas I see in other people's posts.  No 'trolling' as you call it, just offering some things worthy of consideration.  :angel:

The reason I tend to post more than once is because peeps like you want to talk further with me and ask me questions.  Notice how you started your post with "Midway why...".  Seems you want an answer from me (ergo another post from me). :)

If you don't want answers from me (or additional posts), why ask the question? :headscratch:

Feel free to start another thread if you want, but since you asked in this one, I think it's appropriate for me to respond to you in this one. :aok

Being nice is worthy of discussion among those concerned and interested. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2013, 08:09:37 PM »
^^^
Someone ban this guy.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2013, 01:38:25 AM »
This thread is hilarious, has no one spotted that the reason for it all 'kicking off' is that someone was offended because a player described how he prevented a rape? Unless everyone in this thread thinks preventing rapes is offensive?  :rolleyes:

They also admitted they are overly sensitive, and you have no clear facts of what was said afterwards by the devil man, it is quite possible that the woman is simply overly sensitive and takes things to much to heart!

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2013, 04:31:20 AM »
Threads like this are the reason we can't have nice things.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2013, 05:12:39 AM »
This thread is hilarious, has no one spotted that the reason for it all 'kicking off' is that someone was offended because a player described how he prevented a rape? Unless everyone in this thread thinks preventing rapes is offensive?  :rolleyes:

They also admitted they are overly sensitive, and you have no clear facts of what was said afterwards by the devil man, it is quite possible that the woman is simply overly sensitive and takes things to much to heart!

:headscratch:

Words of clear wisdom from a wise person. :salute

:rock
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:14:41 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2013, 06:13:39 AM »
This thread is hilarious, has no one spotted that the reason for it all 'kicking off' is that someone was offended because a player described how he prevented a rape? Unless everyone in this thread thinks preventing rapes is offensive?  :rolleyes:

While one might be inclined to brush it off as somebody being overly sensitive I can well imagine some of the details that people might go into about the situation, and I can imagine it getting very graphic very quickly. It might not even be the kind of thing that I want to hear. Everybody respects soldiers but most don't want to hear the details of the time Grandpa Jim bayoneted Charlie in the middle of the night at Khe Sanh, Likewise it is a noble thing to stop a sexual assault, but people probably don't want to hear the graphic details of what you saw and did upon discovering a man trying to force himself upon a woman.

Besides, a Gentleman would not brag about such a thing. :)

Offline FuFiter

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
While one might be inclined to brush it off as somebody being overly sensitive I can well imagine some of the details that people might go into about the situation, and I can imagine it getting very graphic very quickly. It might not even be the kind of thing that I want to hear. Everybody respects soldiers but most don't want to hear the details of the time Grandpa Jim bayoneted Charlie in the middle of the night at Khe Sanh, Likewise it is a noble thing to stop a sexual assault, but people probably don't want to hear the graphic details of what you saw and did upon discovering a man trying to force himself upon a woman.

I have refrained from posting too much on this topic,, Esme was one of the first female squaddies that we've had in years, being just regular guys hangin out all the time, and we discussed a lot of guy stuff.  if this did not get blown out of proportion, if this did not make it to the General Forum, if more people understood EXACTLY what was said, and how people reacted, then this very well may have been a dead issue and would have blown over by now.   
Nook of the North! the Foo, the whole foo and nothing but the Foo.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2013, 07:57:30 AM »
I have refrained from posting too much on this topic,, Esme was one of the first female squaddies that we've had in years, being just regular guys hangin out all the time, and we discussed a lot of guy stuff.  if this did not get blown out of proportion, if this did not make it to the General Forum, if more people understood EXACTLY what was said, and how people reacted, then this very well may have been a dead issue and would have blown over by now.   
In stead a lot of people rush to a  snap judgement from ONE side of the story... Thread should have be locked long ago.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »
In stead a lot of people rush to a  snap judgement from ONE side of the story... Thread should have be locked long ago.

Having a discussion about niceness has raised awareness of the issue.  So there is value.  :aok

:salute Nice people :rock

Those with the potential to be nicer, let's make Mr. Rogers proud. :old:

:)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2013, 08:30:26 AM »

Everything you have listed here is an assumption based on a one sided story.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
Goodbye all.

I'm very sad to say that due to an outrageously boorish attack on me by a couple of people in the MA - members of the squad I was in - I am leaving AH.  My crime, apparently, is to have an odd voice and to be female and to simply ask that I be warned if certain subjects (one of the miscreants simply launched into a description of how he'd intervened to prevent a rape - a highly laudable thing to do, but I'm a sensitive soul, and really do NOT want to hear details, and so I tried to PM them saying I understood they couldnt know I'm that sensitive, but in future if they gave me warning, I'd leave channel for a bit and return when they're done. chaps in squads I've been in previously have been fine with doing so.) . I have never been so insulted or deeply upset in an online game as I was last night by that guy and his chum who apparently decided that the magic power of beer gave them the right to bully and harass me simply because I'm female and sound a little odd with it.  I KNOW what I sound like, that's why I was tentative using vox in the first place, and why I explained about my voice before getting it set up. Gums from WarBirds once rather charmingly said of me that anything else aside, I add a little colour to the community, which I realised meant that whilst there may have been those who had their doubts about my gender back in WB, they're polite enough to keep it to themselves, and what the heck, its' a game, and we're all here to have fun, who cares if someone is rather odd so long as they're amiable and good to fly with?  I could live with that.

All the folk in WB back then, and the vast majority of folk in AH both the first time I tried it several years ago, and this time around, have been fine with me.  I had a lot of fun back in the S3's in WB2.77, and was starting to have fun in the FSO's this time around here in AH.  But that's been called to a halt by a couple of ignorant boors who feel that they have the right to make personal attacks on someone who doesn;t quite fit their view of the world.  I can't stay - they could change accounts and handles, and attack me again.  I can't change my voice, and I refuse to pretend to be a bloke. And so, I'm grounded, this time for good.

Goodbye AH.

<S>

Esme

Esme,

I fondly remember flying with you in the WB S3 events with Vadr's JG2.  I am sorry you were offended.  If you want to return, I offer you my help, in whatever form you wish it, in anything that I can do.

---bino

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:08 AM »
Wow... this thread is about to turn ugly.   :eek:

Oversensitivity vs. Big Mouth Syndrome - a struggle the world over.

Golden Rule, folks.  In the case of mixed company, picture what you're saying being said to your mother, wife, or daughter.  Tie goes to shut up.

There are folks just shopping to be offended.  Those people are no better than the people that can't keep their mouth shut.  They usually just want to create some sort of drama because they're either off in the head or they like the attention.

Fred Rogers as the role model?  I loved ol' Fred, but nah.  He always struck me as a bit of a ninny.  Far better to be like Dalton from Roadhouse.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2013, 09:29:30 AM »
Everything you have listed here is an assumption based on a one sided story.

Maybe she was a bit too sensitive about the subject. But I doubt even the most easily worked up of people would get terribly upset about a simple "I had to step in and stop a woman from being raped one time.". It makes more sense in my head that perhaps the story got a little vulgur, and perhaps a little too graphic. I am not commenting or speculating about anything that may have taken place after this.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:35:47 AM by ReVo »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »
The less of this that is made public the better. But due to the split in community opinion as to who was more to blame I would like to just point out a few of the messages Rtholmes got in trying to straighten out this matter from the person involved:

Quote from:  RTholmes
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,348894.0.html

I want to hear what you have to say about it.

Quote from:  Exsquaddie
First, I don't have to explain anything to you. Who are you? Next, piss off

who do YOU think YOU are? You and I know, in front of each other, you would keep your mouth shut. Don't ever send me a message.

I say your a coward, dont ever send me a question, i have no respect for you

Quote from: RTholmes
Exsquaddie,

As you already know, I am CO of 71sqn so when something happens which causes problems within the squad, or the squad and the wider AH community it is down to me to sort it out.

You should know you were out of order on Saturday evening and, despite requests from several other squaddies to just boot you straight away, I decided that a 10-day suspension would be enough to make the point that the squad does not tolerate bullying and harassment, as well as giving you a chance to give your side of it and perhaps rectify the situation if possible.

Your PMs make it clear that this isnt going to happen, so I have no alternative but to permanently eject you from the squad.

You will no longer fly as a member of 71sqn, and you are no longer welcome on ch171 squad vox.

On a personal note I am sad that it has come to this, we have always got on well and I have backed you up when issues have arisen in the past. You will not receive any further PMs from me.

RT

Quote from:  Exsquaddie
I will not ask to be in a group with YOU. YOU have never taken up for ME. What a liar you are. NO guts to even stand up and say" I NEVER LIKED That guy ExSquaddie"  YOU have always been 30 k and killing less than even that fake woman Emauer/Esmee person.  It is your personality.
Not legal unless you stepped into a ring, but YOU are no kind of fighter at all. I would as soon punch you in the face as look at you.
 Your just not MY kind of man,  A person of courage.
You never have been and you know it as well as I do.
FYI: my new sqad chan is 171, live with it

I do not want this matter to be dragged out much more if possible. This is purely to show to some of the more hardened members of the community that the management of our squad tried to act with diplomacy and fairness until this shocking turn of events via private message. The Exsquaddie threw themself under the bus on this one. It's a shame because we all considered them as one of the family but obviously they did not hold the same consideration for anyone else.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:57:59 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »
 :rofl  Posting PMs - classic. :banana: